Legal Action Against DOL

Interested in taking a legal action against DOL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GC_dude123, it's a good idea to do this

Can you edit your 1st post so that it has all the updates on this thread. I think it will help new comers to read just the update and grasp the progress in stead of spending time reading each post to get the idea.

gc_dude123 said:
I am ready to volunteer for this cause. Why dont we request the moderator of immigrationportal to send us the email addresses of all the forum members. We can send out an email detailing what we propose to do and may be we can file a class action law suit against DOL. Once we get a sizable number of replies, we can approach Rajiv Khanna for legal advice. We can may be setup an escrow account to which everybody can send their contributions. I dont think handing a petition to a local senator is going to help us. I think the only course of action is challenging DOL to change its processes, legally. What we are asking is pretty simple, process the applications filed since 1/2003 before processing the new ones. Even though we may not go to a trial stage, we can atleast attract the attention of the bigwigs at DOL and they might give it a thought. We have a right to vent our anger at whats being meted out to us. We are hardworking taxpayers helping American economy deserving a bit more respect.

Let me know if anybody else can volunteer and we can work on what our next steps should be. Please spread this out to everybody else. We can and we should make it HAPPEN.

I am in...

Though it would be too late, but I am in....

By any mean, if I can pinch those DOL's officials.

I am in but ..

I do not like the idea that they will start to process PERM applicaions before all RIR cases finished .

What the ? There is no fairness in this .

I agree with LongestLabor - filing a case will take long - the best we can do is to initiate contact with the DOL and tell them about the unfair process of allotting resources to implement PERM without using the same resources to clear the old backlogs first..i mean thats the dumbest idea which somehow dosen't touch a nerve with them..if there is a way we can ask our very own lawyers like Khanna and Murthy to do this,and make DOL re consider their decisions, thats the best we can do

LongestLabor said:
Hi guys,
the chicago dol members will remember me,
I had moved to India after starting a thread to initiate a letter writing campaign for faster service.
If I may give a suggestion, though I am not interested in pursuing my labor app,
there is no point in fighting the department of labor,
the only hope now for those waiting since 2003 and 2002 is a humble appeal to dol officials,
preferably threw someone from the AILA or if that is too hard to get,
by Rajiv,
if we fille a case,
justice will eventually come,
but it will be of no use to those who have already suffered,
so try organizing a time and place to meet some dol officials,
and ask them to process cases on a first in first out basis,
they might concentrate resources for the earlier cases thus providing some justice for the longest waiters.
This might not be fair for the latest filers,
but for most eb3 apps,
retrogression will make labor approval useless anyway.
This is just my opinion,
so please ignore if you don't like it.
Best of luck.

The latest development is, I have sent an email to Mr. Rajeev Khanna on what we are thinking. I have asked him what our course of action should be. He replied asking someone from his office to setup a conference call with him on wednesday. Is someone else interested in attending this call? I think 2-3 people people from our side should be good enough.

Before that, we should finish our poll and get as many people on board as possible. I can then give him an exact number of people supporting this cause which would allow him to give meaningful suggestions.

So please go ahead, spread the word out. Please post this message in any other forums that you visit and ask people to come and visit this thread.

GcDude,
great idea,
Instead of wasting lot of time about collecting names and signatures,
which might take days on end,
I would suggest,
3 or 4 people conference with Rajiv,
since you took the lead,
why don't you decide and discuss with him,
as to what best can be done.
Let the others suggest what they want,
that way we should be able to do something as soon as possible.
Sorry about me not being part of the effort,
I am here in the U.S., on vacation and will be logging in for the next few days just to see progress.
If you can rope in Murthi's voice too,
it would be great,
best of luck.

Lawsuit is better than direct contact with DOL.
Contacts with them will fail. I am sure as they are inhuman.
Although lawsuit may go nowhere, IT WILL SET ALARM TO THEM!!!
We need ACTION!!!
Again, creat a dedicated website for this!

good work gc_dude! i am willing to attend the call too but not sure if i can do it daytime at work..but keep us posted - i shall volunteer my efforts
and yes its a good idea to let Mr.Khanna decide whats the best course for is and whether it is worthwhile or rather will the DOL listen to what he is saying

gc_dude123 said:
The latest development is, I have sent an email to Mr. Rajeev Khanna on what we are thinking. I have asked him what our course of action should be. He replied asking someone from his office to setup a conference call with him on wednesday. Is someone else interested in attending this call? I think 2-3 people people from our side should be good enough.

Before that, we should finish our poll and get as many people on board as possible. I can then give him an exact number of people supporting this cause which would allow him to give meaningful suggestions.

So please go ahead, spread the word out. Please post this message in any other forums that you visit and ask people to come and visit this thread.

Not to discourage but look at the other litigations

Guys:

Rajiv with his best intention started the i-485 litigation and where is that litigation at this point?

Litigations especially against federal government agencies is not an easy task. By the time the litigation reaches it conclusion we would have got out this LC process...