LC thru CIBER

Hi Guys,

Kind of quite in here!!...I know there is no signs of progress on Colorado Regular....By any chance, any updates ?? ....What do you guys think...Can we still have hopes of light at the end of the tunnell or will forget this ??

Hourly rate question.

I know there are some wage restrictions for labor certification.
(1) But, is there a lower limit(wage/hourly rate) for a programmer working on J2EE? I am with Ciber and work in Minnesota, which hourly rates apply, Minnesota or Colorado?
(2) What if my hourly rates are below the suggested rates, will the LC not get through?

Thanks a bunch.

:( It's has been very quite here. Anybody has any updates?

Anybody has any information on the following questions?

I know there are some wage restrictions for labor certification.
(1) But, is there a lower limit(wage/hourly rate) for a programmer working on J2EE? I am with Ciber and work in Minnesota, which hourly rates apply, Minnesota or Colorado?
(2) What if my hourly rates are below the suggested rates, will the LC not get through?

Thanks a bunch.

Hi,
Salary/hourly rate may not be a problem. if it is less than the required wage, they will send letter to your employer, they should provide the min required salary after getting green Card.
Hope there wont be any issues with that.

Can anyone please tell me about RIR applications in NY.Are they also being remanded. Also what are the processing times there now.

regards
sr

I just checked with the Labor Office in Colorado and they have told me that it will atleast take 6 more months to finish April 2001 cases. I am one of the most unlucky guys as I applied in May 2001 (Regular)....and looks like there is no light at all. Please help or advise if I can do anything about it. Ciber does not do RIR.

We need to think of some thing to expediate the process,
Sending Letter to Congress Men in Colorado Area like that.

I heard that too that April 2001 will take between 6 months to 1 year....That really frustrates, Yep we need to think something else to see the alternate. I am planning to talk to my company and Lawyer for the possiblites for a RIR or something else.....!!. ANYBODY CONVERTED FROM REGULAR TO RIR OR RE-APPLIED...AND IF SO, HOW WILL BE THE PRIORITY DATES WOULD CHANGE, RISKS (BEING REJECTED!).....THANKS in advance..

Sit tight ppl. There is a bright site after all. If you do wait long enough the economy will eventually pick up and clearing LC-s will get easier.

Hello Hexamon,

Do you know if it is true that it might take about 6 or more months for the DOL to process April 2001 applications?

And, do you know if applying from more than one state(one from the state where you are working and the second one from the state where your Employer is based) is possible and legal?

Thanks.

kcsgc,

To your questions:

1. Do you know if it is true that it might take about 6 or more months for the DOL to process April 2001 applications?

That's what Colorado SESA said about a year ago. You can find these discussions on this forum, if search with keywork "Colorado". So, I seriouselly doubt Colorado SESA's "Forcasts". It could take a year or two. Or less than a month. It it unknown.

2. And, do you know if applying from more than one state(one from the state where you are working and the second one from the state where your Employer is based) is possible and legal?

According to most legal advisors, it's fine to apply from two different SESA-s (2 diff. states). After all, you are applying for different work sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by kamma
Hi ,
As per my attorney(Ciber), most of the software cases will qulaified for Limited Review. It is not the status of the company , Limited Review depends on each case, depends on the repsonses you get for the Ad etc. Hope the rule will remain same till we get our labor cleared. It used to be very fast within 2/3 months for Limited review cases in Denver.

kamma

Does this(limited review) still hold good with the existing labor conditions(specifically software market)?

cant believe rumors

We can not believe any rumours/news unless it is posted on the web Site.

Mine is filed May 15th, 2001. I do not hear anything from attorney yet. Hopefully it is not rumor.

Spoke with my attorney yestarday and looks like even they were told (by DOL I think) that atleast some cases from the month of May are being worked on.