LC thru CIBER

Hi

I applied LC thru CIBER, they will pply only in Colorado and in NON-RIR category. I applied in July 2001 still waiting for the Ad Letter.

Hi Kamma,

I'm also stuck with labour at ciber since jan 2002. Nothing seems to be happening here. Do you have any idea when this 4/2001 barrier is going to be over? Please share if you hear any news.

Thanks
krishna

Hi

Hi Krishna/Hexamon,
I am crossing my fingers/just waiting for Ad Letter, There is no concrete information from any body, Hope it will clear in next 2/3 months. Hexamon have you changed yours to RIR?. Lets hope for something good in near future.

kamma

HI
I applied through ciber in dec 01 , still nothing has happened, i took this issue with the top mgmt too, but no reply from them.I don't know why they don't want to apply in nor rir . Lets hope to get things to get better......

Applied in NOV-2002

Yes, CIBER does not apply in RIR. Earleir , They used to qualify for "Limited REview" for Labor Certifications. But that seems to be not available anymore.

CIBER is not much of help in accelarating the PROCESS of GC.
So, sit back and relax for at least 2-3.5 years till u get your labor cleared.

I heard some time back that Denver is making progress from April 2001 to May 2001, but its very slow.

BTW, It wil be great to have all CIBER's petitions details in here.

LC Applied in NOV-2002. Still awaiting

Yes, CIBER does not apply in RIR. Earleir , They used to qualify for "Limited REview" for Labor Certifications. But that seems to be not available anymore.

Do you mean it's not avaliable for CIBER, or for LC-s in general?

Also, has anybody any idea how long it takes after the AD campaign (for non-RIR) for the case to get cleared at Denver DOL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,
As per my attorney(Ciber), most of the software cases will qulaified for Limited Review. It is not the status of the company , Limited Review depends on each case, depends on the repsonses you get for the Ad etc. Hope the rule will remain same till we get our labor cleared. It used to be very fast within 2/3 months for Limited review cases in Denver.

kamma

Kamma,

See the question bellow, maybe you know the answer:

It is clear that SESA makes the LPR determination, though, on various immigration websites. it is usually suggested that when the application is submitted, the attorney puts a reccomendation on the title page for the case to be reviewed with LRP. It was not clear though, whether it should be done when the initial ETA750 is sent or later, after the AD campaign. (logically, I see this happenning only after, but logic fails where LC is concerned). Any thoughts or knowledge?

BTW, my attorney tells me Colorado SESA has moved to May01 cases.

Thanks,

I have also took the issue with the top Mgmt. But of no use.

Waiting with hope.

BTW thanks for sharing your info.

-krishna

Hexamon,

Ciber HR Department said 2 yrs back, they willl go thru LRP, which used to take 6-7 months for Processing earlier(before April2001). When my application is prepared attorney said not to put too many skills in Skill Set, they kept generic skills, I think when you apply attorney should take care of that. however the case procesing officer at SESA can change the decision depending on the responses. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Kamma

Same boat too -- Ciber non-RIR

I have applied in July of 2001 and nothing much has happened since that time!

HI,
If Colorado SESA Already started MAY ' 01 cases it should not take much time to get Ad Letter for our cases filed in July 2001.Lets hope for the best

kamma

Hi

Do we hear the AD letter put out by SESA through the lawyer?...In other words, Do I have to check with the lawyer for the AD letter?. Mine is filed at last week 0f June2001. I will update this thread if any MIRACLE CHANGES happens....Please update whoever waiting from May2001.

Hi everyone,

Mine is filed on May 15th 2001. Does not hear anything from lawyer yet?

Good luck to everyone.

Tsang:)

Alright, a few questions:

1) What are the steps once you get a "ad notification"?
2) What is the kind of responses folks are getting on the "ads"?
3) What is the chance of getting throught this step?

Any light on these questions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

kcsgc,

IMHO (assuming you refer to regular LC),

1)

One of these:

a) State SESA ok-s your petittion (ETA750), the company advertises the position as stated in the petition, sections 12, 14, 15 for a month. State SESA also advertises it in it's own job banks.

b) State SESA sends back a letter indicating some problem in the application - usually prevailing wage mismatch, too restrictive requirements, etc. The comapny (attorney) has to respond and either accept their suggestions or prove the company's case. Once sides agree, SESA ok-s an updated petition.

2)

What kind of responses you get depends on your requirements.
If you're advertising Computer Programmer, you'll probably get many responses, if you advertise - Computer Programmer in SmallTalk 3.21 with API for X windows (I'm just making this up), you'll probably get few responses. But, the requirements should not be too restrictive or unusually sounding.

What "too restrictive" and "unnusually sounding" means is a subjective matter to be evaluated by LC officer. At this point, it depends on the lawyer and his knowledge of the local market/SESA in a given field to properly estimate the "golden medium".

Generally, I think, it's good to work in a rear technology which does relate to some well known name. Like, OpenView programmer, where OpenView is a product of SUN microsystems. This is just my opinion though. There's definatelly some (if not a lot) luck involved.

3)

If there are few or no responses (these few should be disqualified on just bases), you have a good chances. If there are many responses and not all candidates have been interviewed and properly disqualified, well, then you'll most likely get a NOF from DOL.

Again, the Attorney's experience in a given field, given state and with given SESA seems to be a crusial success factor.