July 2011 Filers

@Lili758 -- do you mind me asking where you're from originally? Only because I recognize the 3 digits in your name.

@ Iessac Hopefully we should receive our letters by the end of this month! If not- Ny is really backed up! Well yes indeed, I am from St.Lucia! and you?

Questions for the folks that have been through the interview: In the interview appointment notice, they list the documents we need to bring to the interview... What do they mean by original documentation? What originals will they take/keep? Did you guys take with you copies of the entire application packet that you sent in?

Also, my birth certificate from about 26 years ago is all torn and has been clear-taped up over the years. It is still legible and it's what I sent a copy of as part of my application. Will it be a problem? Thoughts?

I haven't had my interview yet but original means the official form/document you were issued. You sent in photocopies of certain items, so at the interview they want to see these things. To 1. make sure you have them in your possession and they belong to you 2. Examine them to make sure they are legit.

You would need to take in your birth certificate (26 years old and ripped up is not a problem as long as it can be read) and your sponsor's/petitioner's
Your passport, your petitioner's proof of citizenship if naturalized
Any I.Ds you copied and sent in with your applications
Marriage certificate if you're filing through marriage (I assume you are, based on section & thread you're posting on)
W-2s, Earning slips etc etc. Basically anything you made a copy of to send to them, they'll need the original

Brilliant. Thanks! :)

I haven't had my interview yet but original means the official form/document you were issued. You sent in photocopies of certain items, so at the interview they want to see these things. To 1. make sure you have them in your possession and they belong to you 2. Examine them to make sure they are legit.

You would need to take in your birth certificate (26 years old and ripped up is not a problem as long as it can be read) and your sponsor's/petitioner's
Your passport, your petitioner's proof of citizenship if naturalized
Any I.Ds you copied and sent in with your applications
Marriage certificate if you're filing through marriage (I assume you are, based on section & thread you're posting on)
W-2s, Earning slips etc etc. Basically anything you made a copy of to send to them, they'll need the original

Hello everyone!

I have no update about my case but just like before, I am stopping by to say hello to everyone and to congratulate those who have finished their interview. :) Ours is coming up in two weeks and we are using this weekend to go through documents. :)

Keep us in your prayers! :)

MarineWife: Hello! I'm a military wife too! :)

Questions for the folks that have been through the interview: In the interview appointment notice, they list the documents we need to bring to the interview... What do they mean by original documentation? What originals will they take/keep? Did you guys take with you copies of the entire application packet that you sent in?

Also, my birth certificate from about 26 years ago is all torn and has been clear-taped up over the years. It is still legible and it's what I sent a copy of as part of my application. Will it be a problem? Thoughts?

Most important-don't forget to bring your original spouse :eek: (joke)

Many years ago, when I went through this, the officer asked for my diploma or any other kind of proof that my F-1 status at that time was real. Even our lawyer was surprised about this request.

@xingxin

*waves* Nice to cyber meet you. I'm hanging out mostly with the October filers. I hear Fairfax, VA is notorious for their long processing times so I might be hanging out on this site for many months.

@ Iessac Hopefully we should receive our letters by the end of this month! If not- Ny is really backed up! Well yes indeed, I am from St.Lucia! and you?

Yes hopefully...I recognize that area code anywhere....I'm also from SLU :)

@xingxin

*waves* Nice to cyber meet you. I'm hanging out mostly with the October filers. I hear Fairfax, VA is notorious for their long processing times so I might be hanging out on this site for many months.

MarineWife you will have company because NY processing time is just as bad or even worse. We maybe the only 2 October filers left still waiting

Just stopping by to congratulate all those who got approved and to wish good luck to those having their interviews. Ananga tmr is the big day wish u luck we will b waiting for ur write up

Yes man! Its going down tomorrow. Thanks for the good wishes.

Just stopping by to congratulate all those who got approved and to wish good luck to those having their interviews. Ananga tmr is the big day wish u luck we will b waiting for ur write up

Yes hopefully...I recognize that area code anywhere....I'm also from SLU :)

Hehehe Well ofcourse you would!.... What a coincidence!!! Nice to have company though..:) who knows we might endup having our interviews on the same day- now wouldn't that be funny?