July 2011 Filers

mantikos

Registered Users (C)
Although I am technically filing in June (June 29, 2011) for all practical purposes I am a July filer since my timelines would be similar to those filing in July. So here I start a thread for those filing in July 2011. All the very best to one n all as we all begin this journey together =)
Hope to hear your success stories n share mine below =)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I forgot to put N/A in various places on the package...just left them blank, is that a HUGE deal? or will it be ignored?

Thanks dantuin, so far just me =)

Actually I am a July filer too. Was going to send it this past Friday but decided to hold on till after the holiday. I know if I had sent it on Friday, I would spend the whole holiday weekend checking my text/email messages. Let me enjoy this July 4 weekend, hopefully it will be my last as a non-resident alien [I hate that alien tag]

Actually I am a July filer too. Was going to send it this past Friday but decided to hold on till after the holiday. I know if I had sent it on Friday, I would spend the whole holiday weekend checking my text/email messages. Let me enjoy this July 4 weekend, hopefully it will be my last as a non-resident alien [I hate that alien tag]

welcome bud, we begin this journey together...
I too HATE that tag with a passion...the fact its on my driving license pissed me every day...
Hopefully the last...amen brother!

I am also a July filer. I am an USC and filed for my wife. There were a lot of forms to fill. I dont remember filling out this many forms way back in 94 when I got my GC. The packet was sent out yesterday and has been received today so I am anxious on the process. Good luck to all the July filers are well.

I am also a July filer. I am an USC and filed for my wife. There were a lot of forms to fill. I dont remember filling out this many forms way back in 94 when I got my GC. The packet was sent out yesterday and has been received today so I am anxious on the process. Good luck to all the July filers are well.

Welcome, and good luck to you as well Rok8man, we have both our month (July) and cities (Dallas) in common :)

Welcome, and good luck to you as well Rok8man, we have both our month (July) and cities (Dallas) in common :)

Thanks mantikos. Good luck to you as well. I hope things move along pretty fast for us in Dallas. When I got my GC and USC, the process for both was really short. My USC process was really quick. I filed in February and by June 1st I got my citizenship.

Welcome to the July filers thread itschaituz, and all the best to you bud :)
Let's keep this thread active and give each other moral support through the process...answer any questions that may arise :)

Ok if I don't hear back from USCIS today...I'll start to freak out and if nothing by tomorrow I'll be peaking on my freaking...and all of this just based on the fact that everyone seems to be hearing back rather soon...I haven't heard anything and the checks are still sitiing pretty...I am hoping for the best...come on!

So now I have a quick question to all the filers. I didnt send two separate checks for the I-130 and I-485, I just sent them one check for $1490. Now I am double guessing myself. Also is it normal to check my bank acct every half an hour to see whether the check cleared or not?

So now I have a quick question to all the filers. I didnt send two separate checks for the I-130 and I-485, I just sent them one check for $1490. Now I am double guessing myself. Also is it normal to check my bank acct every half an hour to see whether the check cleared or not?

I called them before I mailed it in and they recomended 2 seperate checks (I don't know if that means 1 check is wrong and even if it is, they should accept your application and contact you for other forms of payment/2 new checks, I read it in someone else's case)
as far as checking your bank every 30 minutes, well it won't help because checks are only cleared every night at each bank, so if it is not there when you woke up in the morning, you might as well check the next morning, because nothing is going to happen over the duration of the day...hope that helps

Ok if I don't hear back from USCIS today...I'll start to freak out and if nothing by tomorrow I'll be peaking on my freaking...and all of this just based on the fact that everyone seems to be hearing back rather soon...I haven't heard anything and the checks are still sitiing pretty...I am hoping for the best...come on!

There are other forums out there where people waited up to a month before getting their NOAs. Freaking out will not help you one bit right now. You know they picked it up, and I haven't heard anyone's file get lost between the time USCIS picked it up and issued a receipt notice, you in all likelihood you're good.

Hmm I haven't heard a case similar to yours before... Good luck and let us know if it all goes well.

I called the USICS number provided in the I-485 form and they said that the packet will most likely get rejected as only one check was sent. They want two separate checks for I130 and I485. It takes ten days to get notified and they will send the packet back to me. I hope they can hold it there and let me send two checks to them but I am sure thats wishful thinking right now.

I called the USICS number provided in the I-485 form and they said that the packet will most likely get rejected as only one check was sent. They want two separate checks for I130 and I485. It takes ten days to get notified and they will send the packet back to me. I hope they can hold it there and let me send two checks to them but I am sure thats wishful thinking right now.

Chill man. At worst you're only going to lose a few days if they return it. No need to stress yourself before the truly stressful stage i.e. interview.:)