Jan. Interview (??) - Chennai/NVC mail screw-up

Called up NVC

Guys, Called up NVC just now and talked to a lady, She said that the memo has been sent on Jan 3rd by DHL courier services. I asked her what does the memo contain, for that she said, It contains a letter from the DOS asking Chennai that it is ok to go ahead with the case. But I told her that Chennai is looking for the actual petition, for that she said that along with the memo, they also sent a "Bio-data letter" printed out from the "Micro-film". The Biodata letter contains the necessary information required by Chennai on a particular case. So she said, it is equivalent to the hard copy of the petition. My guess is that NVC must be storing the case information in Micro-films. She also said that they have made some special arrangement to send these memos. So, I guess it should reach chennai before the end of this week. Hope this information helps. Let\'s all hope that we get a Feb interview.

This is good news MMP.

I got the same kind of response from NVC today. I have a doubt, are they going to send this new memo via Wash D.C, Diplomatic pouch route or direct to Chennai. If any one asked this or have a response please post.

Talked to the lady officer at Chicago

I asked operator to connect me to the person who deals with PCC. She pulled up my file and let me know that case was faxed to RPO in India on Dec 21st.

Hope this helps...

CALLED NVC

Called NVC just now. They said that the case has been sent on 3rd January. It was sent via courier (DHL) and will reach there within 10 business (working) days. Hope this is useful.

They do not have a tracking # for this courier.

GUYS FEB OR MARCH

I think at this point, I am not too worried if it is between Feb or MARCH. tHE FACT OF THE MATTER IS ATLEAST IT SHOULD BE BETWEEN FEB AND MARCH AND NOT LATER.
I hope we make it to feb interview and incase we miss it then it has got to be march interview for sure.

PRB

I didnt ask her explicitly if the package is going thru DC or direct to chennai. But I asked the DHL tracking number, that way we can actually track the route of the package. For that she said that they are sending through some special arrangement. The way she was answering all my questions sounded promising. So, I think there should not be any problem.

Dandelion -- beleive me

Beleieve me, when I said that Chennai gave me the interview date of 25th Jan orally on the phone. I booked my tickets, later it was not on the website. It is then that they said that they have not received the "physical petition".

This is all serious stuff and I wouldt waste my time "Kidding" here. I lost money cancelling my tickets and had to take my vacation earlier (the Dec portion of it) etc. etc.

This time I am taking it easy and would only book tickets and make plans once I see my case on the web site.

Hope things are clear to you now.

Guys,I even got an email from Chennai saying that

my interview was scheduled on Jan25th. But I waited only to see that my case number was not listed in the website. When I asked about it they gave me the same anthrax crap as the reason.

I called Chennai tonite

Same freakin depressing answer. Call back after 10 or 15 days.

Can I get a Feb. interview? We can not confirm anything as of now. Call back after 10 or 15 days.

manbird

Thanks for keeping us posted. Lets not loose hear, I feel by Monday things will clear up and I am very optimistic that we all will get Feb interviews. For all we know they might be just waiting for the DHL packet to arrive and sort it out.

gabbar

OK, I will not lose hope.

I was particularly pissed last night after talking to Chennai. I must have gotten the worst (read most arrogant) operators on the line. She sounded agitated even before I started talking to her.

No Title

I just called the NVC & got the same response - give it 10 working business days for Chennai to receive the necessary info to process your case. SHe could not give me any more details, i.e. what they sent or how they sent it. I guess it depends on who you get on the phone how much info you get.

I also e-mailed Chennai, but they did not respond as of yet.

different

Good work. Lets wait for Feb dates, or else proceed as adivsed. Just curious how did u reach him, what e-mail did you use?

Different, Please clarify.

Does Consulate mean our cases are being processed for Feb without needing AC-140? Or do we still need to send AC-140 to consulate even if we get Feb interview?

Thank you so much.

SANTHA AND OTHER I DONT UNDERSTAND PLEASE HELP !!!!

Santha and others,
 I do not understand any of the things that different said.
1. What is Ac 140?
2. What is 797 isn\'t it the labor cert that we applied for with H1 B?
3. Is is safe to send the originals of I 797. I think some one needs to clarify things with the consulate general again.

In my humble opinion, I think we will have to wait. I think feb interviews might be cuttin in too close and we may miss it. If that is the case then I think there is a good possibility that we jump to immediate conclusions that we will have to send something else to get an interview. All I am saying is we might be mis interpreting cause and effect at this juncture in case we miss feb interview.

DIFFERENT

Do you think that we have to send these documents, inspite of NVC sending some documents. WOn\'t that take care of the I 140 and other stuff the consulate needs. Would the consulate inform us that we need this document, I mean would they send a detailed mail to us asking us to send these documents or will they tell you only if you ask them?

different - one request please

Maybe you can send another follow-up e-mail on this and inform him that NVC has sent copies from microfilm using DHL courier, once Chennai receives that, should we still have to do AC140, or it would not be necessary?

This clairification would be very helpful.