Jan. Interview (??) - Chennai/NVC mail screw-up

gabbar, it makes perfect sense.

90 days window did not reach yet. Somebody higher up made noise. Very likely Ms. Walker. Chennai will be finalizing Feb. Interviews in 7-10 days. NVC is sending your cases now. That could mean that there are considering you for Feb. I hope that this expedition is to receive the info. before the finalization of feb. Interviews. Good Luck guys. Keep up the good work.

It could be Ms. Walker

She said tht she sent something over to the DOS and/or Chennai on the evening of Jan. 2. Chennai must have gotten it morning of the third. Then they must have contacted the NVC. The timeframes do addup. But, there is also a possibility that Chennai did something on their own.

I do not get why Chennai wants our information a second time electronically. They have the same thing from more than 2 months ago. Is the resend extra proof. Also, hope the NVC sent the requested info. over by now.

Whatever it is, I hope we get this thing resolved soon.
Does anybody remeber what day in Dec. the interview dates were out? (was it the 10th of dec.?) If it was later like say the 15th. I would feel much better. The later the better for us.

Manbird

Chennai website was updated on the morning of 14th Dec. People who called chennai on the night of 9th knew about their dates. It could have been bececuase of the long week-end though (15/16 was sat/sun and chennai was closed on 17th).

NVC has not sent out papers yet. If Chennai receives it from NVC sometime next week and acts asap, we have 50-50 chances of Feb.

Acehart

OK. I thought that the NVC sent our papers out. The operator told me that and you know how much they know. It is electronic and how long would it take them?

I agree, us getting Feb. depends on Chennai\' attitude. If they asked for the papers to consider us well in advance for Mar. then we are going to get just that. However, if they want to consider us for Feb., we have a chance.

Also, why do you think they want the same darn information a second time? Is it to feel good?

No Title

At this point, I am willing to get what they will give, either Feb or March. I just don\'t want them to tell us that they HAVE TO HAVE THE ORIGINALS, b/c as we know that might take months! I am still hoping CHennai will give priority to us for Feb as they once said they would, if they accept this resend as the official sign to go ahead with the interviews.

According to the lady from the NVC it was the Dept of State that requested the resend. All the embassies and consulates are under the DOS. SO maybe this means Chennai has to listen to the DOS.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

So nobody called Chennai?

I will try calling tonite. I have sent Kathy Walker another mail asking if there was any more information. Have not heard back from her.

MANBID, GABBAR AND OTHERS

Guys,
I think for whatever it is worth, (manbird and others who sent mail to kathy walker) please thank kathy walker profusely.

I think this will go a long way in establishing the camaraderie and also help us to request her help if needed anymore.

Rrequest her to stand by your (our)side till the process gets over and thank her once again.. Just show some gratitude. If you guys have already done it please ignore, if not PLEASE do it.

Thanks,

Reply from Kathy Walker

To a message I sent her this morning requesting an update, I got the following from Kathy Walker.

"The Visa Office of the Department of State has contacted the pertinent post as well as the National Visa Center. They are hoping to have resolution today or tomorrow on theses cases."

I guess it is the best news we have had in a long time. Hang in there guys.

Reply from Walker, NVC, Visa Office, and Chennai have all been contacted

Following is the reply from Walker to one of mails:

Thank you for your information. The NVC, Visa Office, and Chennai have all been contacted and we are hoping to have resolution tomorrow or today.

Gabbar: PCC from NY

The misc. form from NY states that the fee for PCC is 20 $. Was the 11 $ number from an older version of the form?

Manbird

in sf consulate the fees changed from 11 to 20 after the new years. I think that could be the reason in ny consulate too.

Thank you for the information. Also

I thanked Kathy Walker on behalf of all of us. She sent me a mail back saying that she is doing this as it is a public problem. Meaning in a slanted way that she does not represent us. I acknowledged.

Manbird

I think you have done an excellent job. I think it does not hurt thanking her. The ball is in her court right now. I think she is some kind of an angel who has helped us out of the situation.

Wait for a few more days before giving her wings......

Let us see if Chennai reciprocates. If they still stick to their guns that they need the physical petition, then we really have not made much progress.

I am not trying to be a downer. All, I am saying is that we need to get a positive sign from Chennai. Looks like nobody called them yesterday. I will try and call them today. Wish ourselves luck.

No Title

I e-mailed Ms Walker and never got a reply. It seems like you all are getting responses from her. Please post her e-mail address again.
Thank you.

ajbinu

I was the first one to e-mail Ms Walker and never got a reply. I guess that is OK. As long she has responded to one of us and is working on the case it is fine. Now that she is already acted / acting on it, it may be best to leave to the few people who are getting responses to follow-up. They in-turn are keeping us posted. Just my opinion :)

manbird

Maybe the fees is revised, I last sent them $ 11 on Dec 18th, at that time it was still $ 11 and also I did not have to send anything extra as telex/fax charges.