I-751

oh my, this is just so encouraging as I am about to file mine and I think i will be stuck in there (like someone said "in donkeys ass") for another couple of years.

JJBBKK said:
oh my, this is just so encouraging as I am about to file mine and I think i will be stuck in there (like someone said "in donkeys ass") for another couple of years.

Ne, you'll be fine. As long as you don't file with California Service Center - those a-holes are slow.

Here's my timeline (update):

K-1 married to USC
Date Interview: July 2003
Date GC approved: August 16, 2003
DO: San Francisco
I-751 filed: May 2005 at CSC
NOA: July 1, 2005
I-751 approved without interview: June 27, 2006

Dani said:
Here's my timeline (update):

K-1 married to USC
Date Interview: July 2003
Date GC approved: August 16, 2003
DO: San Francisco
I-751 filed: May 2005 at CSC
NOA: July 1, 2005
I-751 approved without interview: June 27, 2006
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

751 approval

Congrats! Dani!
timeline:
applied 751 Nov 2 04
751 approval letter/ no interview- May 26 06
Infopass app June 6 06
still waiting for 10 year GC

LChan said:
Congrats! Dani!
timeline:
applied 751 Nov 2 04
751 approval letter/ no interview- May 26 06
Infopass app June 6 06
still waiting for 10 year GC

Thank you LChan!!!
Same to you! What a long ride, ha? Just one more lap and we are done! I have a question for you: did your conditional GC had an old version of photo on it? The one with right year exposed? I assume it did. So what kind of photos did you submit for your new GC? My letter says it should be the same type as on my old GC, but I've heard they do not accept it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dani,

Submit regular passport photos - new style. You do not have to submit the old ADIT photos - in fact, they do not accept them anymore. The wording they use(same as on the cond. gc) is confusing, but refer to those with newly issued cond. gc's - not those who still got it with the old ADIT photos.

Hope it helps.

pianoplayer said:
Dani,

Submit regular passport photos - new style. You do not have to submit the old ADIT photos - in fact, they do not accept them anymore. The wording they use(same as on the cond. gc) is confusing, but refer to those with newly issued cond. gc's - not those who still got it with the old ADIT photos.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, Pianoplayer. It does help.

ocworker said:
does it mean if a person who has a conditional green card, and waiting for I-751 being approved, and during the wait period, the person could file the n400 if he/she meets the requirement for filing n400?

does it mean he/she does not have to wait until his/her conditional gc removed prior to file the N400? i would the n400 would require to send the unexpired gc in photocopy?
i think u should, coz i know some who does, and got thier case approve(751) and the 400 is still pending,

I-751 status page?

I just checked the USCIS website for the processing times of I-751s and noticed that none of the centers other than Nebraska are showing I-751 in their list. A couple of weeks ago I-751 was also showing up at least for Vermont (where I filed mine) with a date of April 2006. Anyone know if this is just a glitch in posting the data or if there is some other reason that I-751s aren't showing up?

yxskaft said:
I just checked the USCIS website for the processing times of I-751s and noticed that none of the centers other than Nebraska are showing I-751 in their list. A couple of weeks ago I-751 was also showing up at least for Vermont (where I filed mine) with a date of April 2006. Anyone know if this is just a glitch in posting the data or if there is some other reason that I-751s aren't showing up?

well I thought I saw the same thing as Vermont processing on April 2006, but a few days ago, I checked the site and it says processing Feb 23, 2006. Are they working backward? :p :p By the way, all centers show I-751 processing date.

Anyway, just got news from my lawyer that my I-751 is approved w/o interview.

Supposedly Filing Date: April 5th, 2006 (not sure when exactly the lawyer file it)
Receipt date: June 15th, 2006 (I think the lawyer delayed my application for one month, probably forgot..)
Approved: Sep 5th, 2006 (even though the website shows processing Feb 23, 2006)

My history: I got conditional green card in New York less than 3 months, and now I got my I-751 approved (Vermont) in less than 3 months from the receipt date. I think I'm lucky than majority.

Yeah, I saw that the page was updated again. And then today I got my approval notice, no interview required. Good stuff! :)

yxskaft said:
Yeah, I saw that the page was updated again. And then today I got my approval notice, no interview required. Good stuff! :)

congrats to you! then what's next? I heard from my lawyer that I have to schedule the infopass to get my passport stamped at the local office and wait 6 months for the GC. How long does it take to get the passport stamped? Do I need to take leave half a day for that? Because if it's just 15-30 mins, I can schedule it at lunch time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get an Infopass appointment within two weeks. Not sure how long it'll take to get the passport stamped, but I'm figuring a couple of hours to be on the safe side.

Removals question dilemma....please reply.

Hello everyone,

I am going to apply for the removals next year sept 2007 but my wife

got a job offer in Virginia (we currently live in NYC) and she is considering

moving there.....

In case she moves we yet don t know if she has to change her address or

keep the one in New York commuting back home once a month; even the

lawer seems a bit confused!

Considering I ll have to show next year same address and same residence

when filing for the removals, this is to me a big RISKY situation and I trully

believe she has to give up this job ; What do u think????

I need yr opinion, please reply!, I cannot even sleep at night and

we are having big arguments about it.

Thank you;

sent in additional evidence still waiting.

yes, I do have the same situation. I don't know if I should send in my N400 without waiting for my approval. And I don't even know if I wait for their answer, will they ask us to come down to an interview too? Even after submitting extra evidence as they had requestsed? I filed in the Vermont office.

It's been 5 long years...

Just wanted to let you know how lucky some of you are...I got married in 2001, filed, and gained conditional residency in Boston right away, had all my paper work in on time to remove conditional status, and I just now recieved my notice for Request for Evidence (don't need an interview). I had to get my passport stamped twice for an extension. What a pain in the butt this has been! The people at the INS in Boston told me that my paper work was shuffled around from Vermont to Boston, then to California because supposedly California isn't as busy as Boston!! Does that make any sense to you, isn't California the busiest immigration state in the US?
Anyhow, going on 5 years and it looks like I might finally be nearing the end.
Better luck to the rest of you!

Travel?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if additional travel-specific documents are required while your I751 application is still pending. I just received an NOA for my I751 petition today, Oct 6. My conditional GC expires Nov 14 06. If I need to travel after Nov 14 06, do I need to get my passport stamped or something?