I-751

Jenny54

Hello everybody. I filed the form (I751) to remove the conditional status from my green card in May 2005 and have not yet received a decision... I believe the processing center is the one located in California... I called the 800 nuber since they are alreading processing forms filed in October and they told me no decision was yet made. Is that normal??? Any thoughts? Has anyone been approved in California lately? THKS... :)

Jenny54 said:
Hello everybody. I filed the form (I751) to remove the conditional status from my green card in May 2005 and have not yet received a decision... I believe the processing center is the one located in California... I called the 800 nuber since they are alreading processing forms filed in October and they told me no decision was yet made. Is that normal??? Any thoughts? Has anyone been approved in California lately? THKS... :)

Approved - no. Waiting - yes. Almost the same dates and same responce from USCIS when calling... I think they just behind... Big time :mad:

Jenny54 said:

Sounds kind of f.....ed up, but it's good to know I am not the only one in this situation. Let's keep each other posted ;)

LChan said:
Waiting since Nov. 2004!!

No freaking way! I'm already dreading the day I have to file. Is it just the CSC that's slow? Or is it like that all over the country?

How did you get proof of extension or something? I know the I-751 receipt is only a one year extension...

I-751 Vermont

Filed 751 Nov. 2, 2004 went for INFOPASS June of 05 for one year extention. Now going back this June for another one year extention if we don't hear from them.
Anyone else from Newark waiting this long?

Pinturicchio said:
No freaking way! I'm already dreading the day I have to file. Is it just the CSC that's slow? Or is it like that all over the country?

How did you get proof of extension or something? I know the I-751 receipt is only a one year extension...

OK, when your one-year extension expires you call the 1-800 number, complain, and they will suggest to make an infopass appointment with your local office where they stamp your passport for another year or six months.
Apperently that's the way it works. And yeah, for some reason USCIS is really slow on this procedure - a lot of us sitting with our cases up the donkeys ass, waiting for months :mad:

Dani said:
OK, when your one-year extension expires you call the 1-800 number, complain, and they will suggest to make an infopass appointment with your local office where they stamp your passport for another year or six months.
Apperently that's the way it works. And yeah, for some reason USCIS is really slow on this procedure - a lot of us sitting with our cases up the donkeys ass, waiting for months :mad:

Good luck guys :)

LChan said:
Filed 751 Nov. 2, 2004 went for INFOPASS June of 05 for one year extention. Now going back this June for another one year extention if we don't hear from them.
Anyone else from Newark waiting this long?
I have a long way to go for the I751.But I believe,if u complete 3 years with ur GC,u can might aswell file for ur citizenship.

tapskap said:
I have a long way to go for the I751.But I believe,if u complete 3 years with ur GC,u can might aswell file for ur citizenship.

That is correct. Actually, you're eligible to file N-400 up to 90 days before your 3-year anniversary as a GC holder. I am filing in May, but that's another 6-month wait :mad: If not more... Just so sick of waiting already...

hello guyz,
my cousin file his 751 and got approve in 11 months, even though he was divorce,D.O is hartford and actually he went for interview and explain how the divorce happen,at the end of the interview he had his index finger print and picture taken. and they told him they gonna send him a letter, 3 weeks later he got a letter from application support center to come in for FP for his green card,and 6 months later he got his 10 years green card in the mail.good luck to everybody

Last edited by a moderator:
yahayajp said:
hello guyz,
my cousin file his 751 and got approve in 11 months, even though he was divorce,D.O is hartford and actually he went for interview and explain how the divorce happen,at the end of the interview he had his index finger print and picture taken. and they told him they gonna send him a letter, 3 weeks later he got a letter from application support center to come in for FP for his green card,

Thanks for a positive reply mate! Let's hope we'll get approved within the same time frame as well :rolleyes:

Here's my update: Shiiiittt... I am tired of wating for such a simple procedure to be done... Called INS 5 times, filed 2 inquiries, made an Infopass apointment... Nothing. Still pending, and apparently nobody knows why. Looked on the USCIS web-site today, they are currently processing applications with the receipt day of the 2 of November. This is more than 5 months AFTER I filed mine I-751! I am sooo sick of it, damn it :mad: The worst part is that some people here have been waiting for their conditions removed since 2004 (!). I just don't get it. Feel very special right now :(

Dani said:
That is correct. Actually, you're eligible to file N-400 up to 90 days before your 3-year anniversary as a GC holder. I am filing in May, but that's another 6-month wait :mad: If not more... Just so sick of waiting already...

does it mean if a person who has a conditional green card, and waiting for I-751 being approved, and during the wait period, the person could file the n400 if he/she meets the requirement for filing n400?

does it mean he/she does not have to wait until his/her conditional gc removed prior to file the N400? i would the n400 would require to send the unexpired gc in photocopy?

ocworker said:
does it mean if a person who has a conditional green card, and waiting for I-751 being approved, and during the wait period, the person could file the n400 if he/she meets the requirement for filing n400?

does it mean he/she does not have to wait until his/her conditional gc removed prior to file the N400? i would the n400 would require to send the unexpired gc in photocopy?

That is correct. You can apply when your I-751 is still in progress as long as you meet the eligibility requirements. N-400 doesn't require a copy of unexpired GC, because if you already filed I-751 that means you GC is expired, but extended, right? So just submit the copy of conditional GC and the Notice of Action for I-751. That is it!

Dani said:
That is correct. You can apply when your I-751 is still in progress as long as you meet the eligibility requirements. N-400 doesn't require a copy of unexpired GC, because if you already filed I-751 that means you GC is expired, but extended, right? So just submit the copy of conditional GC and the Notice of Action for I-751. That is it!

thanks for your reply. (i know it is still a way long to go.. but i want to keep these things on the list)

Hey guys

I was thinking of making an I-751 timeline thread like the AOS timeline thread. So post your detail in this format and I will make a new thread or attach a XLS sheet with the info.

Date Interview

Date GC approved

DO

reason4delay

Date GC approved

Great Idea! Here's my timeline

K-1 married to USC
Date Interview: July 2003
Date GC approved: August 16, 2003
DO: San Francisco
I-751 filed: May 2005 at CSC
NOA: July 1
Current status: pending
:confused:

Hello,

Here is my timeline

applied to Vermont I-751 Dec 15th 2005. Approved May 2006.
The Vermont Date is still at Nov 1st 2005.

so keep your hopes up . Goodluck to everyone.