I-140 RFE Cases in TSC

From KP: Reply to Austx25

Hi Austx25,

I am sorry you posted a messages for me on June 18 and I could not see your messages until now. However, I am posting my reply though late.

I think, RFE cases are kept at one place. You may call it as reveiw unit. Once they got necessary papers (in response to RFE), they pass on the case to adjudicating officer, in your case adjudicating officer is # 29.

About this reveiw unit, I am not very sure to say like I said above, but from two replies from Senators on my case, I feel that there is some short of arrangement to control the flow of RFE cases. That may be one of the reasons all the RFE cases are lingering for a big time contrary to past trends in TSC. In past, not more than six months ago, RFE cases ought to be approved in 3-4 weeks but it is not the case nowadyas.

Regarding review, it was a kind of back ground check carried out for all applicant due to incresaed secirity requirements by US Govt.

I pray god for speedy approval of your case.

Good luck to you

KP

KP, please reply
KP. You were right, my case officer (no.29)is the same as yours. Afterall, our case numbers didn\'t differ much. Mine (EB3) is actually earlier than yours (RD. Feb14,2001, ND. Feb.20,2001, RFE Oct.31 and TSC rec\'d Nov.28).
Anyway, after knowing your approval, I called TSC to speak to an IIO about my case. I was told that my case has been with the review unit since mid April. I believed you mentioned that your case "will be reviewed" sometime back in April too. Could you provide me with more detail? Thanks.
May you have a speedy I485 approval.

Regards,
Austx25

Same situation

I am in the same situation and I got RFE dated Apr 18. We received it on 26 th I think. Any idea till when do I have time to respond ?

Also, can I send the 99 and 00 returns with extension papers now or is it too late ?

Thanks

Enquiry Letter to Senator

It is almost a year since I applied for I-140. I got an RFE in Jan 02. My employer responded immediately. After 325 days (that is what the voice mail said to process the case) my employer sent a FAX enquiring about the status of the case. Now the voice mail says it takes 180 days to process the case.

Details:
Crouching Tiger (#237 in tracking list)
PD 11/17/2002
EB2
RD 06/12/2001
ND 07/23/2001
RFE 01/25/2002 (for the category applied)
Enquiry Fax sent on 06/18/2002
I don\'t know the officer number.

I have now decided to send a letter to Senator(s).

Does anyone has a sample letter that can be sent to the Senator(s)?
Do you send that letter to both the senators or only one? Do you also send it to the congressmen? What is the best method: Snail mail or email?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your help very much.

Crouching Tiger.

HI KRISHNA02

I HAVE TWELVE WEEKS TO REPLY FROM THE DATE OF RFE LETTER. I MAILED 98, 99, 2000 TAX RETURNS AND 2001 EXTENTION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Crouching Tiger,

You can write letter to only one senator. Each of them has one personal dedicated for immigration matter. It will be best if you write letter to one of your senators.

All you need to write is

RD, ND, Case Number,
RFE details (what was RFE, when RFE was issued, when you submitted)

Be very polite in the letter's language as they directly forward it to INS and this letter will be a record in your file. Though IIO can do nothing to block (reject) your case but he may delay it using different tactics.

After all IIO are human being and must be treated with dignity.

Hope your petition will be approved soon.

With very best wishes and good luck

KP
I-140 ND Feb 20, 2001
AD June 7, 2002

Hi Crouching Tiger,

Hope you remember me. My old name was Nan Shi. We filed Labor same time and Got approved same time in the "Unlucky" June 2001. We used to discuss in Atlanta Labor page with Ken Hamilton. Are you still in Georgia?

First I am sorry to know that you are also facing very tough time with your I-140 like me. (May be due to same Officer).

I waited till Feb 2002 and when my wife called TSC in Feb 2002, TSC told that my case was assigned to an Officer, I should hear some news on or before March 08,2002. I waited till March 08 and On March 08th night I sent fax to Georgia Senator Mr. Zell Miller\'s Office. They are really very helpful. They sent Fax to TSC and my case was taken on March 13.

It is very easy to Contact Senator\'s Office.
1.Search for "Zell Miller" in any internet search page and you will find his home page.
2.In some link you get a Form to authorize Mr.Zell Miller\'s Office to inquire TSC about your case.
3.Download the Form, write your details, sign it and Fax it to them.
   Hope this helps. Feel free to write to me if you have any questions.

Best Of Luck,
Sabu(Nan Shi)

My details
EB2-RIR
PD : 11/08/2000
RD : 06/18/2001
ND : 07/24/2001
RFE 1 : 03/14/2002(For Company Financials)
RFE received by TSC: 04/09/2002
RFE 2: 05/13/2002(For Incomplete documents Sent)
RFE2 Received by TSC: 06/14/2002
AD: Only God and TSC knows.

I-140 Approved!

I-140 Approved
Hi All,

I checked the AVM on Saturday. (I thought I should do that before sending letter to the Senator. Please see my previous post). Lo and behold, My case was approved on June 25th!! Here are the details:

PD: 11/17/2000
RD: 06/12/2001
ND: 07/23/2001
RFE: 01/25/2002
Enquiry FAX sent by employer on 06/18/2002
AD: 06/25/2002
SRC-01-225-5xxxx
EB2 (RIR) INS-TSC

My case was approved exactly 1 week after my employer sent an enquiry FAX. Have not received the Approval Notice by mail yet.
Can someone please update the tracker?

Thanks for all the help. I sincerely hope everyone who has got RFE get the approval soon.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks,
Crouching Tiger.

I-140 Approved!

I-140 Approved Hi All, I checked the AVM on Saturday. (I thought I should do that before sending letter to the Senator. Please see my previous post). Lo and behold, My case was approved on June 25th!! Here are the details: PD: 11/17/2000 RD: 06/12/2001 ND: 07/23/2001 RFE: 01/25/2002 Enquiry FAX sent by employer on 06/18/2002 AD: 06/25/2002 SRC-01-225-5xxxx EB2 (RIR) INS-TSC My case was approved exactly 1 week after my employer sent an enquiry FAX. Have not received the Approval Notice by mail yet. Can someone please update the tracker? Thanks for all the help. I sincerely hope everyone who has got RFE get the approval soon. Let me know if you have any questions, Thanks, Crouching Tiger.

No Title

Hi CrouchingTiger
    Congrats!!!. Happy to know that your case is approved. When did you check the AVM before Saturday? How many days back? Kindly let me know.

All the Best for your AOS or CP

Sabu.

Thanks...

KP and Sabu,
Thanks.
As I said earlier, my employer sent a RFE enquiry FAX on 06/18 (Tues). I checked AVM on 06/22 Saturday that week end. That time it said it will take 180 to process this case.
Again I checked on 06/29 Saturday. Both times I checked the AVM just after midnight (Central time).

Hope this helps.

Crouching Tiger

Thanks...

KP and Sabu, Thanks. As I said earlier, my employer sent a RFE enquiry FAX on 06/18 (Tues). I checked AVM on 06/22 Saturday that week end. That time it said it will take 180 to process this case. Again I checked on 06/29 Saturday. Both times I checked the AVM just after midnight (Central time). Hope this helps. Crouching Tiger

Congrats Tiger!!!

My case is very similar to your case.

EB3
RD June 2001 ND July 2001
RFE Sent on DEC 2001 (sending original labor certification)
RFE recvd at TSC on Jan 25th 2002.
Approval Date GOD only knows

Can I know like when did you sent the RFE reply ?
and RFE Recvd date at TSC INS ?
What\'s your officer # ?

Please reply

Hi Baskar Gopal,

Your case seems to be exactly the same as mine except I applied in EB2(RIR) category.
RFE was sent by TSC on 01/25/02. (RFE is for proof of experience). My employer sent a response to RFE somewhere between 02/11/02 and 02/22/02. (Sorry, I don't know the exact date). I assume INS would have received the mail within 5 days.

I checked the AVM on March 2nd. It said a response has been received and it takes 275 to 325 days to process this case etc etc.

I don't know the officer number.

I suggest that you ask your employer/lawyer to send an enquiry FAX.

Hope this helps,

Crouching Tiger

How to fax

I have tried faxing to TSC but its always busy. I cannot even get through to their regular phone number but I think that can wait. But at least it will be good if I can fax to them.

My company has replied to an RFE a few weeks back. When can I expect a response. The automated response does not even say that it has reached them.

Can any bodybody tell me if the message changes when they receive the reply ? I am sort of getting very impatient and anxious.

Thanks

Hi Krishna02
Yes it changes. I got RFE on my H1-B extention requesting for more evidence. I posted certified mail and just one day after receipt of my letter, the AVM message got chaged 'We received your mail on ....... . It takes aprox... ".

Call INS and find out if they have received your reply...
Best of Luck...

thanks

i found out that they have received it. After about 10 days, they have updated the AVM. Can anybody tell me how long it may take them to take action (minimum and max) for an RFE 140 company financials. I know kishan's case is on the upper side.

KP and others - Finally got approval !!!

Hi Kishan Patel and others,
Good News!!!.My 140 case has been approved on July 11th 2002. Thanks for the senate office follow up.
This column helped to know lot about INS working and more immigration related informations.

Thanking lot for KP's advice and valuable suggestions then and there.

EB3 RIR

RD June 11th 2001
ND July 13th 2001

RFE issued on DEc 12th 2001

RFE replied on Jan 2nd 2001

RFE RECVD date at TSC on Jan 25th 2002

Approval Date July 11th 2002

Planning to process 485 in VSC .

Baskar Gopalakrishnan.

Heatiest Congratulation Baskar.

Good luck for next stage.

I also belived that senator office inquiry will help you.
I worked in my case too.

KP