I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

Hmm...seems to me that an H1-B extension and I-140 can be done together. In fact, I don't see why not, given that the H1-B extension is granted on the very basis that you WILL have a pending I-140 at some point.

Shame though that you didn't (or perhaps didn't have time to) hold off until after yourI-140 was approved. If it is, you can get a 3 year extention instead of just the one.

By the way, it is also my understanding that you CANNOT Premium process an I-140 without the original labor certificate.

ALWAYS CONSULT A LAWYER.

Request of Evidence on Educational Qualifications!

Hello,

Anybody get RFE on educational evaluation in I-140 stage?

I got RFE on educational evaluation (I-140 PP).
My lawyer is going to provide evidence on my Masters.
We need to provide my Masters (ME from India) is equivalent to US Masters.

I appreciate any updates from the tracker!

Thanks,

LC PD: Dec-11-2002 AD:Mar-1-2007
I-140: RD: May-01-2007 , RFE May-8-2007 (Concurrent)
I-485: RD: May-01-2007

Hello,

Anybody get RFE on educational evaluation in I-140 stage?

I got RFE on educational evaluation (I-140 PP).
My lawyer is going to provide evidence on my Masters.
We need to provide my Masters (ME from India) is equivalent to US Masters.

I appreciate any updates from the tracker!

Thanks,

LC PD: Dec-11-2002 AD:Mar-1-2007
I-140: RD: May-01-2007 , RFE May-8-2007 (Concurrent)
I-485: RD: May-01-2007

Please see the I-140 Nebraska Service Center discussions in this forum.

Finally received original Labor cert

My attorney faxed a request to PBEC 2 weeks ago regarding not receiving labor cert even after 3 months of approval and looks like somone at PBEC paid attention and mailed my labor certificate. I recommed anyone in similar situation calling PBEC at 484-270-1500

I was told that my attorney finally received labor certificate today and will be sending Premium Processing request for I-140 tomorrow. My employer also received a letter about the same. The letter is certified by Barbara Shelling on 5/4/07 and it was post-marked on 5/7/07.

dkumar341,

What I heard from lawyer is you have to have USCIS initiate the request to DOL for duplicate LC.There is no way to know when this will happen. So my I-140 case was switched from premium to regular processing. I have no choice other then wait & see.

In your case, I would go ahead & apply I-140 regular processing with screenshot of labor approval. Whenever you receive original labor, you can upgrade at that time to PP.

Good luck
- Sumanth

Work exp letter required for I140

Finally after getting my LC approved from PBEC, I am in the process of preparing to file for I-140. Seven years back, I worked for a big software services company in India before coming to US for studies. Because of the bond issue, I never "officially" resigned from the company and thus, didn't get an experience letter.

For I-140, I have managed to get two affidavits from colleagues at that company. But the attorney is still insisting on keeping an official experience letter on company letterhead handy in case we receive any RFE. It is because the company is still in business.

Anyone gone through this??? Does the service center accept affidavits or they ask for experience letter on company letterhead if the company is in business. Any pointers on how to get the experience letter now?

I would highly appreciate responses.

Thanks.
pmat

My attorney faxed a request to PBEC 2 weeks ago regarding not receiving labor cert even after 3 months of approval and looks like somone at PBEC paid attention and mailed my labor certificate. I recommed anyone in similar situation calling PBEC at 484-270-1500

I was told that my attorney finally received labor certificate today and will be sending Premium Processing request for I-140 tomorrow. My employer also received a letter about the same. The letter is certified by Barbara Shelling on 5/4/07 and it was post-marked on 5/7/07.

Wow that's good news ... now you can do PP in I-140. Good luck.

concurrent i140/i485 filing times

I have a queestiCan someone please either answer or point me to the forum where I can get more info on:

I am in process to file concurrent I140/I485. I am also contemplating premium processing. The questions are:
Should the i140 be approved in say 20 days, would the i485 processed on speedy track as well? What is the usual time difference (i140 approved and i485 approved) between the two applications? Would it be worth to file for premium i140 and wait months for the i485? How long does the entire process (regular and premium) take? Is the i485 processed only after the i140 is completely approved?
on

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 Texas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody with approval of I-140 Texas EB3 in February 2007?
LC Priority date: February 4TH ,2004 Texas.
LC Approved : December 18TH,2006
I-140 Regular:Receipt date: February 27TH,2007
I-140 Notice Date: March 2ND,2007

Approval???????

I have applied for I -140 PREMIUM PROCESSING ,how long does it take to get the receipt.thanks in advance.

Hi Every body
just a comment?
my LC was certified on 3-19-2007 till now my attorney still don't fill out all the forms i need for g.c
I-140<I-907< I-485
after I was on the black hole for almost 6 years still waiting for I-140 process

Finally I-140 approved.

Hi manwithnoname,

Finally my I-140 approved after RFE (Education Qualification).
You are doing awsome job for this thread.

Thanks for your prompt reply and support.

Regards,

LC: PD- Dec'11, 2002
I140: Filed:May'01, 2007 AD:May'16th,2007
I485: Filed:May'01 (waiting):)

Please see the I-140 Nebraska Service Center discussions in this forum.

i applied my I-140 Premium Processing with two affidavits from colleagues.i got I -140 approved today.Wish u goodluck.

Finally after getting my LC approved from PBEC, I am in the process of preparing to file for I-140. Seven years back, I worked for a big software services company in India before coming to US for studies. Because of the bond issue, I never "officially" resigned from the company and thus, didn't get an experience letter.

For I-140, I have managed to get two affidavits from colleagues at that company. But the attorney is still insisting on keeping an official experience letter on company letterhead handy in case we receive any RFE. It is because the company is still in business.

Anyone gone through this??? Does the service center accept affidavits or they ask for experience letter on company letterhead if the company is in business. Any pointers on how to get the experience letter now?

Thanks.
pmat

same here

I-140 Texas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody with approval of I-140 Texas EB3 in February 2007?
LC Priority date: February 4TH ,2004 Texas.
LC Approved : December 18TH,2006
I-140 Regular:Receipt date: February 27TH,2007
I-140 Notice Date: March 2ND,2007

Approval???????

My RD for 140 is 02/09/07. Still wondering should I change to premium or not. Regular I-140: No news except LUD change twice.
Hopefully approve soon. So far no RFE.
Set up email for an update online but now news. I wonder no news is a good news or should I be worried?

If you have some friends (who by now would have moved up the food chain) who still work for the same company, or friendly manager, or someone in HR department whom you can ask for a favor, see whether you can ask them to give you reference letter on the letterhead.

Thanks.
pmat

Upgrade regular 140 to PP?

I am using LC sub, filed 140 under regular at NSC in March due to company's regulation at the time. With the new USCIS rules out, no sub can be filed with PP after May 17. With this regulation, is it possible to do upgrade in my case?

Pls refer my signature for my details.
Question : I'm the only employee of my company. :eek: What are the problems/RFE's can I expect for I-140 & next phases?