I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

2002calabor

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,

I am starting this thread for all the folks who are coming out of the BEC mess after spending anywhere between 3 to 5 years and are now getting ready to file I 140. I would encourage everyone to discuss the following:

1. Document requirements for 140.
2. Ability to pay issues.
3. Education equivalency issues (BS +3 years, MS+0 years ...)
4. Issues regarding labor matching/not matching 140
5. What service center should the application go to?
6. Premium processing pros and cons
7. Concurrent 485 filing issues.
8. EB2 vs EB3 issues.

Besides all of the above feel free to moan and groan about the general pain GC process has inflicted on your personal life :)

am here...

2002calabor said:
Hello Folks,

I am starting this thread for all the folks who are coming out of the BEC mess after spending anywhere between 3 to 5 years and are now getting ready to file I 140. I would encourage everyone to discuss the following:

8. EB2 vs EB3 issues.

Besides all of the above feel free to moan and groan about the general pain GC process has inflicted on your personal life :)

OK, I am here >> though had some trouble finding the thread. Thanks for starting it..

Hi Guys

Wishing everybody success from this thread and hope everybody is able to resolve all their issues.

State Ca
Eb2
Pd 4/8/03
Online certified 11/20/06
Letter received 12/8/06

Hi Gurus,

I have a question. I am going for premium processing. The educational docs are in order. Have a simple question if the empoyer has paid a little above or below the mentioned amount. Will that work for this purpose. Can anybody help.

Thanks!! for starting this thread 2002calabor.

we have not yet received the Certification letter to file for I-140, It's been 3 weeks, since the Online status has been showing 'Certified'

State- NC
Eb3
PD - 01/22/2002
Online status certified 11/22/06
Waiting for certification letter

2002calabor said:
Hello Folks,

8. EB2 vs EB3 issues.

StressTestinUSA posted that if you are paid below the level mentioned in LC, they may ask for tax returns of the employer.

I am not sure if its an issue if you are paid more than your LC. In fact, I would like to hear an answer to that.

Also, does anyone know if all the cases for I 140 are going to NSC now? I know a lot of ppl are saying that NSC is denying 140 pretty frequently.

Godhelpgclover said:
Hi Gurus,

I have a question. I am going for premium processing. The educational docs are in order. Have a simple question if the empoyer has paid a little above or below the mentioned amount. Will that work for this purpose. Can anybody help.

Thanks 2002 Calabor

I am a little worried because I dont want them to reject my case based on that ground. One time I got 2k less than the required year to date. Another year I got an amount much higher than my year to date. So will they consider averaging it out. They may ask the employer for tax returns I am fine with that as long as they dont deny my case. Please confirm and thanks in advance.

am here as well...

Thanks for starting this thread!!
I am confident we can bounce back some good ideas....
btw..I am still waiting on my labor approval papers...so I guess this would be good start to gather info on I-140....

I140 docs requirment?

looks like nobody posted I140 doc requirement here yet, I thought I saw a link posted on our PBEC forum. let me try to dig it - if anyone remembers it, please post it.

Looks like most of us are waiting on the LC paper work though...correct? :(

i am not even close to getting my LC yet - but..

Here is the checklist of documents

1. Cover letter signed by employer explaining documents enclosed and requesting I-140 approval by USCIS
2. Completed I-140 form signed and dated by employer
3. $195 check (application fees attached fto the first page of I-140 form)
4. Original ETA9089 (PERM approval issued by DOL signed by me & my employer)
5. Copy of my Master's degree (earned from a US university)
6. Original transcripts for Master's degree (grade report) (extra copy issued by the US university).
7. CFO's letter stating our company has financial ability to pay. (Our company has nearly 4000 employees)
8) Last years FED/STATE tax return (yours).
9) Last 2-3 years of W2. (To show you earned DOL set wages)
10) Though you probably do not need it- An experiance letter from the employer.

Received approval letter

you were right Godhelpgclover, :) My attorney informed just now that they have received the letter.

Godhelpgclover said:
Hi GPra,

You should receive it anytime now. So get prepared to file your 140.

wantGCfast said:
Here is the checklist of documents

1. Cover letter signed by employer explaining documents enclosed and requesting I-140 approval by USCIS
2. Completed I-140 form signed and dated by employer
3. $195 check (application fees attached fto the first page of I-140 form)
4. Original ETA9089 (PERM approval issued by DOL signed by me & my employer)
5. Copy of my Master's degree (earned from a US university)
6. Original transcripts for Master's degree (grade report) (extra copy issued by the US university).
7. CFO's letter stating our company has financial ability to pay. (Our company has nearly 4000 employees)
8) Last years FED/STATE tax return (yours).
9) Last 2-3 years of W2. (To show you earned DOL set wages)
10) Though you probably do not need it- An experiance letter from the employer.

Do I have to have a Copy of my Master's degree (earned from a US university). ???

The list of docs mentioned above missed the MOST IMPORTANT docs needed for i-140.

Experience letters from all the previous employers (Listed on your LC application) along with the exact description of the Skills that you have worked with.

Remember: What ever was mentioned on your LC (BEC/PERM) application, your employment letters should MATCH (as accurately as possible).

I cant stress more on how important it is. A lot of people who had trouble with sketchy consulting companies, companies that disappeared during course of time owing to bankrupcy/dispute or otherwise, and many other reasons: Fail to get the employment letters. Apart from the ability to pay and providing accurate financial records, miss match in experience letters is a predominant cause for repeated RFEs and rejections at the stage of 140.

Get your ground work going...start calling old employers, to get this ready as soon as you realize that your LC approval is on its way. Saves you a lot of headache and time.

Good Luck !

thats helpful info

nervewreck said:
The list of docs mentioned above missed the MOST IMPORTANT docs needed for i-140.

Experience letters from all the previous employers (Listed on your LC application) along with the exact description of the Skills that you have worked with.

Remember: What ever was mentioned on your LC (BEC/PERM) application, your employment letters should MATCH (as accurately as possible).

I cant stress more on how important it is. A lot of people who had trouble with sketchy consulting companies, companies that disappeared during course of time owing to bankrupcy/dispute or otherwise, and many other reasons: Fail to get the employment letters. Apart from the ability to pay and providing accurate financial records, miss match in experience letters is a predominant cause for repeated RFEs and rejections at the stage of 140.

Get your ground work going...start calling old employers, to get this ready as soon as you realize that your LC approval is on its way. Saves you a lot of headache and time.

Good Luck !

That is really a helpful info, me started collecting it all though yet to receive lc approval paperwork.

I 140 prep

Over the years I have provided a lot of information like copies of my degrees experience letters etc to my lawyer.

As part of 140 prep, my lawyer sent me a form to complete. Beside personal and family information like name , DOB, education etc, it asked for all previous addresses in US, father and mother date and place of birth, Spouse's father and mother DOB.....

And the following documents
-Copies of all Forms I-94 (front and back)
-Copy of ALL pages of your current passport
-Copy of ALL pages of cancelled passports if used to enter the U.S.
-Copy of “long form” birth certificate
-Copy of marriage certificate, if applicable
-Copy of all divorce decrees, if applicable
-Copy of all arrest, court, prison and pardon records applicable to ANY crimes you committed either within or outside the U.S.
-Copy of all military records, if applicable
-Certified translation of any documents (except passports) that are not in English. We can arrange for certified translations if you do not already have them.
-Copies of all other U.S. Visa Status-related documents such as Notices of Action (Form I-797) for employment-based petitions, extensions of stay, change of status, waivers, immigrant petitions and INS hearings or interviews.

2002calabor said:
StressTestinUSA posted that if you are paid below the level mentioned in LC, they may ask for tax returns of the employer.

I am not sure if its an issue if you are paid more than your LC. In fact, I would like to hear an answer to that.

Also, does anyone know if all the cases for I 140 are going to NSC now? I know a lot of ppl are saying that NSC is denying 140 pretty frequently.

whether u r paid or not paid the mentioned LC pay,submitting tax returns from the year the LC was filed is mandatory...

So the older the PD ..the more paperwork to be submitted and more complex unless the employer is very stable with his tax returns..if you r paid the LC pay since your PD then u r fine...if u r thru PERM..at the most you will have 1 yrs tax returns to submit.

I am not sure with edu.qualif and those RFE's...I drained out half after I got to know about the A2P issues..