I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

approval notice ?

Normal set up from USCIS website (greencard processing). You enter SRC# and create your login & password. Then you add more SRC case inside for your portforlio. Keep checking it. Sometimes you will see LUD change. After FP is done, you can watch it changed (for sure) but there was no email to you until there is a major change in status then you will get email from them. Goodluck buddy. Hang in there everyone. :D

Does anybody know who receives the "approval notice" for 485 ? I know that I-140 approval notice goes to lawyer/employer but I-485 ?

Can I file I140 without LC Hard copy and send it later ?

My Online LC status turned 'Certified' yesterday (06/16) and waiting for Certified Hard Copy. My priority date is current now (PD 03/13/2003). Is it possible to file I140 without out certified hard copy of my LC, and send it at a later time. Any help appreciated.

RIR GA EB3
SWA PD: March 13,2003
DOL RD: July 02,2003
45 day letter Received/sent: February 2005
Case # P-05012-XXXXX
Case Status : DENIED (per status website as of 03/20/2007)
Rebuttal Sent : 03/27/2007 (No RFE RECEIVED)
RFE RECEIVED : 04/09/2007 (RFE initiated -2'nd week Jan 2007)
Rebuttal Sent : 05/08/2007
Case Status : In Process (changed on 05/13/2007)
CERTIFIED (online) : 06/15/2007

i140/i485 without lc copy

My Online LC status turned 'Certified' yesterday (06/16) and waiting for Certified Hard Copy. My priority date is current now (PD 03/13/2003). Is it possible to file I140 without out certified hard copy of my LC, and send it at a later time. Any help appreciated.

RIR GA EB3
SWA PD: March 13,2003
DOL RD: July 02,2003
45 day letter Received/sent: February 2005
Case # P-05012-XXXXX
Case Status : DENIED (per status website as of 03/20/2007)
Rebuttal Sent : 03/27/2007 (No RFE RECEIVED)
RFE RECEIVED : 04/09/2007 (RFE initiated -2'nd week Jan 2007)
Rebuttal Sent : 05/08/2007
Case Status : In Process (changed on 05/13/2007)
CERTIFIED (online) : 06/15/2007

GreenWays, YES, it is possible to file for I-140/I-485 without original LC copy. But it is not possible to file premium processing without original copy.

Since you can file I485 now, do you have all the documents/medical forms ready? if not get started as soon as possible and your original LC may arrive by the time you get your documents in order.
For 485, you would need
-Birth certificates for you and family
-marriage certi if u r marid
-last three years tax returns
and Medical forms signed by designated civil surgeon in your area.

I hope this helps.

Fella, Some of the companies will give the experience letter stating only the Designation and time periiod. They dont provide job duties or skill set. In this case, get a Affidavit from your Former Manager or Collegue, stating the positions held with description about job duties and tech skills. Pls make sure that the document is signed by the manager and is notorized. Submit this document in Original along with your CompA experience letter. USCIS will not accept the copy. you will have to submit in Original. You should be good enough.

Try to get this Affidavit from your Manager (strong support) than your colleague (weak support). It does not matter where your former manager works now. As long as they are holding a position with "Manager" in their designation either then or now, is more than enough.

This affidavit need not be in COMPA's letter head. Plain paper is enough. If in Company letter head, then it is a bonus.

shoot me a pm with your email if you need a format for the affidavit.

but i dont have company experience letter. Only thing i can get is college letter. is it gonna work

Fella, Some of the companies will give the experience letter stating only the Designation and time periiod. They dont provide job duties or skill set. In this case, get a Affidavit from your Former Manager or Collegue, stating the positions held with description about job duties and tech skills. Pls make sure that the document is signed by the manager and is notorized. Submit this document in Original along with your CompA experience letter. USCIS will not accept the copy. you will have to submit in Original. You should be good enough.

Try to get this Affidavit from your Manager (strong support) than your colleague (weak support). It does not matter where your former manager works now. As long as they are holding a position with "Manager" in their designation either then or now, is more than enough.

This affidavit need not be in COMPA's letter head. Plain paper is enough. If in Company letter head, then it is a bonus.

shoot me a pm with your email if you need a format for the affidavit.

but i dont have company experience letter. Only thing i can get is collegue letter. is it gonna work

Greenways/ThirstyFish:

It is okay to file I-140 with a duplicate LC request. Whereas for I-485 without an approved I-140, I think, a hardcopy of LC approval is necessary.

Need Advise Pls
For How Long The Medical Form Is Good
I Have Medical Form Ready Since 4-3-07 And Still Waiting On Attorney To File I 140 And I-485
Labor Certification Certified On 3-19-07
Any Help

Cover Letter ?

The list of docs mentioned above missed the MOST IMPORTANT docs needed for i-140.

Experience letters from all the previous employers (Listed on your LC application) along with the exact description of the Skills that you have worked with.

Remember: What ever was mentioned on your LC (BEC/PERM) application, your employment letters should MATCH (as accurately as possible).

I cant stress more on how important it is. A lot of people who had trouble with sketchy consulting companies, companies that disappeared during course of time owing to bankrupcy/dispute or otherwise, and many other reasons: Fail to get the employment letters. Apart from the ability to pay and providing accurate financial records, miss match in experience letters is a predominant cause for repeated RFEs and rejections at the stage of 140.

Get your ground work going...start calling old employers, to get this ready as soon as you realize that your LC approval is on its way. Saves you a lot of headache and time.

Good Luck !

WHAT ABOUT THE COVER LETTER ?, i KNOW NIW PEOPLE NEED TO WORK VERY HARD ON IT, BUT IN PERM CASES? MINE IS VERY SIMPLE, I GOT MY PERM APPROVED, NO EXPERIENCE, SO I NEED NO LETTERS OF RECOMENDATION.DO YOU HAVE A SAMPLE?
THANKS

Hi Everybody
My Attorney Just Send The Papers For Form I-140 On Regular Procesing How Long Is Taken For Uscis To Aproved
My Attorney Said I Can"t Filed Concurrent
Now When Is Time For I-485 I Am Goint To Paid The Increases For The Application Not Sure How Much Is Goint To Be
Pd 3-19-2001 Back Log 11-04-2004 Eta 750 Certified On 3-19-2007

Hi
If urs goes to NSC I-140 takes more than 8month normally.Mine still pending filed on dec2006.They r processing oct first week now.

Hi Everybody
My Attorney Just Send The Papers For Form I-140 On Regular Procesing How Long Is Taken For Uscis To Aproved
My Attorney Said I Can"t Filed Concurrent
Now When Is Time For I-485 I Am Goint To Paid The Increases For The Application Not Sure How Much Is Goint To Be
Pd 3-19-2001 Back Log 11-04-2004 Eta 750 Certified On 3-19-2007

Guys, I'm new to this thread. Actually I just came out of the BEC mess after more than 3 years waiting. Last month a PERM conversion was filed, and it is shown today online as "certified". I know I still need to wait for the hard copy to see if the PD gets preserved, but let's assume it's kept, which is July, 2004. Now I'm curious what to do next.

I know I can't file 485 at this point because of the shutoff of the cutoff date. But hopefully it'll be available again this coming October. Anyways, I think I need to submit 140 as soon as I get the LC approval notice. My question is since I don't know how long it takes for 140 to get approved, can I submit 485 in October while 140 is pending? Thanks for your suggestion. :)

Hi
congrats.Yes u can file 485 when 140 is pending so submit ur 140 asap.

Guys, I'm new to this thread. Actually I just came out of the BEC mess after more than 3 years waiting. Last month a PERM conversion was filed, and it is shown today online as "certified". I know I still need to wait for the hard copy to see if the PD gets preserved, but let's assume it's kept, which is July, 2004. Now I'm curious what to do next.

I know I can't file 485 at this point because of the shutoff of the cutoff date. But hopefully it'll be available again this coming October. Anyways, I think I need to submit 140 as soon as I get the LC approval notice. My question is since I don't know how long it takes for 140 to get approved, can I submit 485 in October while 140 is pending? Thanks for your suggestion. :)

Hi Shading,
Are you from DBEC or PBEC?

susomething, I'm sorry, I have no idea. My company lawyer never shared any such information with me. Though I asked for the numbers several times, they never gave it to me. So I'm totally in the dark. :(

I see yours was certified earlier than mine, but you still haven't received the hard copy?

I hope we all get it soon...

NSC as screwed as PBEC ???

Guys,

I think I am getting really shafted by the GC process. It took over 4 years for the labor to get approved. The lawyers took their own sweet time to file 140/485. 140 has been filed with NSC for 5 months now but there seems to be no movement there. They released their new processing dates and they have moved only 10 days for EB2 (Sep 16 2006) in 1 month. At this rate it will take me another year to get a GC. Anybody else feeling the pain?

I-140

Guys,

I think I am getting really shafted by the GC process. It took over 4 years for the labor to get approved. The lawyers took their own sweet time to file 140/485. 140 has been filed with NSC for 5 months now but there seems to be no movement there. They released their new processing dates and they have moved only 10 days for EB2 (Sep 16 2006) in 1 month. At this rate it will take me another year to get a GC. Anybody else feeling the pain?

You are not alone mate, my i-140 was filed in Jan 2007 and it is still pending at nsc. I saw a post from our fellow suferer, his was filed in DEC 2006 and still pending... I am scared of upgrading it to premium processing as there is a post about REF on PP case (couple of posts above yours).
You have EAD and its over 180 days so, get on with your life, don't ever think about a gc and that will sure save you lot of headache.