• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How long does it takes to receive the 2nd NL after your CN becomes current?

JapaneseWinner

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!

My CN became current in the July VB (cut off numbers in August), and I'm wondering if anyone knows how long does it take to receive the 2nd NL.

I called KCC this morning, but they told me to call back after June 15th because they are still working on the CNs they published last month.

Any comments would be highly appreciated!:eek:

HeyMike,

Thank you for your response! Where do you live? From your signature, I notice that you received the 1st NL in only 4 days, did you live US that time?

Hello sis, from some Arabic forums, I read that when you send them email inquiring about your case if you are current, they will send you in the email the date and place of your interview, and when did they sent the 2nd NL, any way I will paste a note for you here from another forum, about a guy from Morocco and what kcc replay his email :

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Casablanca on October 26 2009. A notification letter will be mailed to you from KCC within the next 7-10 business days. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy

See they can give exactly when they send the 2nd Nl, all what you have to do just send them email after 15th of this month and you will be Ok sister

Hope that help you, and I really wish you luck :)

I called KCC this morning, but they told me to call back after June 15th because they are still working on the CNs they published last month.

Make a phone call to KCC again on June 15th. If KCC is still working on your case, they will tell you "wait for additional 2-3 days". That's the pattern similar to what I had.
Normally, the date of interview for DV winners will be set to the first Monday of each month in US Embassy Tokyo Japan, such as Aug 2nd, if the embassy is open on that Monday, if not, second Monday. Good Luck!!

Dear DEAR Firo & Tmfl,

A milion thanks to both of you for the precious information, I know that I can always count on your guys!

The DV Program is like a waiting game, the only thing you can do is waiting! I feel every minute is like 10 years long (sorry Firo, you have to wait for another 28 days to be current, but I'm experiencing your pain).

It's good to know everything in ahead of time from someone who went through the same thing before!

To Tmfl: I can't thank you enough for all the advice and information you have provided, it means a lot to my family!
To Firo: I will email you every word any all the details about the 2nd NL and my interview once I have them!

Both of you, have a nice weekend!

HeyMike,

Thank you for your response! Where do you live? From your signature, I notice that you received the 1st NL in only 4 days, did you live US that time?

Your welcome. I am in the SF bay area. Yes I was in the US at that time and was very lucky with a relative low CN.

thanks sister, I have no sisters now I have one :)

Really I wish you luck and I pray for both of us to make it, 28 days of waiting is nothing compare to what we wait before, we will do it, I can feel that :)

Really I wish you luck and I pray for both of us to make it, 28 days of waiting is nothing compare to what we wait before, we will do it, I can feel that :)
salam
im too from morocco plz can u give an idea about ur CN: i had 674**
what do think about this number!!

an

salam
im too from morocco plz can u give an idea about ur CN: i had 674**
what do think about this number!!

plz can u xplain me : case number is current !
and if we received before that the NC will be current

@scalio case number is current means that the case number one has been assigned is now published in the VISA BULLETIN in the corresponding month for example

In the July VB you can see that the ASIA 28700 for augest meaning that the people with case number below or equal to 28700 are going to be called for interview no matter one is doing CP or AOS. you are current if your CN lies in that range. In some month's VB you you see that AFRICA C which mean that all the CN are current and will be called foe interview in that month.

By the way what's your CN :S ????

Hello sister I just read your email and replay it, any way today is the 15th here in my area, so you can receive the interview date, I wish you all luck

@scalio case number is current means that the case number one has been assigned is now published in the VISA BULLETIN in the corresponding month for example

In the July VB you can see that the ASIA 28700 for augest meaning that the people with case number below or equal to 28700 are going to be called for interview no matter one is doing CP or AOS. you are current if your CN lies in that range. In some month's VB you you see that AFRICA C which mean that all the CN are current and will be called foe interview in that month.

By the way what's your CN :S ????

HI...my case number is AS26XXX and I'm doing AOS.
Like you said, my number will be call for interview in Aug, so is that mean, I can mail my package to KCC right now?
thanks

Hello
Im a Kenyan living in Osaka. I also got selected for dv 2010 and still waiting for my number to be current. Can somebody tell me about the medical examinatioon how much it cost?I need to prepare for this.
Regards

Hello
Im a Kenyan living in Osaka. I also got selected for dv 2010 and still waiting for my number to be current. Can somebody tell me about the medical examinatioon how much it cost?I need to prepare for this.
Regards

Where will you be taking the interview? If it is US Embassy Japan, you can choose some clinics in Kansai area. Costs depend on the clinic.
I took medicals at an clinic in Tokyo and an example of the cost is as follows:
http://www.tokyobritishclinic.com/visa_us-e.html

You can make a call to a clinic you would like to visit and ask the exam fees and costs of vaccination for your case.