Here is our Experience with DORA today

Does this thread answers your questions?

• Total voters
Thank you!

Dear EricNeesGC,
Regards,

Thank you for your kind attention to detail. I am grateful your shared your exprience.

Certainly, I shall pass your humble and sincere prayers to my mother, thank you.

You, yours and all that is around you and Everyone in this Great Existence are in my sincere and humble prayers.

With best wishes for the new season,
Sincerely
Piyalove

Piyalove, thank you for all your help. The information you posted is very helpful. I just received the approval letter for my GC 2 weeks ago but haven't received the actual GC yet. How is it that you applied for the SSN before you got the GC? Don't they ask you for documentation on your status?

I have a SSN but need to apply for a new one without the restriction on it.

Thanks in advance.
Shandra

Timeline?

Shandra,

Could you pls provide your timeline (Appointment, FP, etc. ) so we know when ours is likely to come.

Interview: Nov 14, 2005
FP: Dec 13, 2005

Web status still not updated after FP - Was your status updated on the uscis website?

My timeline

Sept 13 2005- DORA AOS Interview
Sept 19 2005 – I-130 transferred to Dallas office message online
Oct. 5 2005 – Request for evidence letter
Oct. 20 2005- Submitted requested evidence (Affid. Of support)
Oct. 23 2005- FP letter with Nov. 25th appt.
Nov. 3 2005 – Letter telling me INS office closed on 25th and to give FP anytime before Nov. 19th
Nov. 12 2005 – Fingerprints done (no online message with ‘FP received)
Dec. 27 2005 – Online status updated. I-485 approved.
Dec. 30 2005 – Received approval letter in mail
January 18 2006 – Still Waiting for GC to apply for SSN
February 2 2006 - GC not yet received
March 14 2006 - GC found (actually arrived in early January in neighbor's mailbox, neighbor was on vacation - - - what are the chances???)

sunny_27713 said:
Shandra,

Could you pls provide your timeline (Appointment, FP, etc. ) so we know when ours is likely to come.

Interview: Nov 14, 2005
FP: Dec 13, 2005

Web status still not updated after FP - Was your status updated on the uscis website?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Hi Fellow USCIS Kin:
Regards,
Thank you all for your kind guidance and inspiration,

Just a note to inform you that so far, I have not received any Welcome letter or GC. I was told in January that my case is approved and I should get GC in the mail in three-four weeks. Now is May 13. What suggestion or guidance can you all give me.

Want to share good news with you all, our baby girl born on March 1, 2006.

PS: I wrote to the Congressman for our area (Irving), so far I have not heard from him either.

I look forward to hearing from you all,
With best wishes,
Sincerely
Piyalove

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s our experience yesterday with DORA:

Our appt was at 7:45am. We arrived at 6:45 and met with our attorney at 7:30am. Our name was called about 9am. When we got up to meet the officer at the door, she disappeared leaving the door cracked and nobody to greet us or tell us where to go. Every other officer that morning waited at the door and led people in to their office. My husband peeked in and the officer waived us in at that point. She was giving instructions on swearing us in even before I entered her office so I didn’t even hear these. My husband had to tell me we were being sworn in.

After we were sworn in and before we sat down she started asking us if we had proof of my husband’s Texas residence…driver’s license, etc. All we had was mail my husband receives and our joint checking account statements with our address on it. She said that wasn’t proof and that she has several bank accounts but it doesn’t prove she lives at that address. When my attorney politely questioned this, the officer blasted back at her “Please stop antagonizing me and let me do my job”. I was completely floored by the officer’s attitude. Everything I’ve read about people’s experiences at their interview was that they were pleasant. I don’t want to scare anybody but ours was by far the worst experience of my life. I can’t believe how rude she was. She belittled our attorney every chance she got. I was so shocked at her attitude I couldn’t even think straight.

She said my husband would have to have more proof of him living with me such as a driver’s license (which is a story all in itself due to the fact that nobody at the DPS seems to know what documents my husband needs for this…except a SS number which he cannot get yet anyway). She then spent about 10 minutes asking my husband if he ever was arrested, been in jail or been before a judge. She asked how we met. At the end she said after we provide her with the additional information everything should be ok.

We left the interview more stressed out than we’ve ever been before. We don’t know how to get any additional proof of my husband’s TX residency. He can’t get his driver’s license yet and my apartment complex will not give anything that will show that he lives with me because she “doesn’t want to get involved”. My husband is from Canada and I would have thought that this process might have been a little bit easer. We’re both thinking that maybe we should have gone up to Canada instead of staying here.

Sapphie,
Very sorry about your experience. However, don't be disheartened. We too were asked for more proof and once we provided that within the time period, we were fine and our case has in fact just been approved. If you cannot get the TX driver's license, you should be atleast able to get the TX ID cards which people without SSN numbers can also get. Some students as they entered the country could be earlier able to apply for that. Not sure how it is now
http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/id-cards.php

Don't be disheartened. As long as you provide more proof within the right time, you will be ok.

Sapphie said:
Here’s our experience yesterday with DORA:

Our appt was at 7:45am. We arrived at 6:45 and met with our attorney at 7:30am. Our name was called about 9am. When we got up to meet the officer at the door, she disappeared leaving the door cracked and nobody to greet us or tell us where to go. Every other officer that morning waited at the door and led people in to their office. My husband peeked in and the officer waived us in at that point. She was giving instructions on swearing us in even before I entered her office so I didn’t even hear these. My husband had to tell me we were being sworn in.

After we were sworn in and before we sat down she started asking us if we had proof of my husband’s Texas residence…driver’s license, etc. All we had was mail my husband receives and our joint checking account statements with our address on it. She said that wasn’t proof and that she has several bank accounts but it doesn’t prove she lives at that address. When my attorney politely questioned this, the officer blasted back at her “Please stop antagonizing me and let me do my job”. I was completely floored by the officer’s attitude. Everything I’ve read about people’s experiences at their interview was that they were pleasant. I don’t want to scare anybody but ours was by far the worst experience of my life. I can’t believe how rude she was. She belittled our attorney every chance she got. I was so shocked at her attitude I couldn’t even think straight.

She said my husband would have to have more proof of him living with me such as a driver’s license (which is a story all in itself due to the fact that nobody at the DPS seems to know what documents my husband needs for this…except a SS number which he cannot get yet anyway). She then spent about 10 minutes asking my husband if he ever was arrested, been in jail or been before a judge. She asked how we met. At the end she said after we provide her with the additional information everything should be ok.

We left the interview more stressed out than we’ve ever been before. We don’t know how to get any additional proof of my husband’s TX residency. He can’t get his driver’s license yet and my apartment complex will not give anything that will show that he lives with me because she “doesn’t want to get involved”. My husband is from Canada and I would have thought that this process might have been a little bit easer. We’re both thinking that maybe we should have gone up to Canada instead of staying here.

One Year with DORA gone and now this ...

Dear Fellow USCIS Co-Travellers,
Greetings & Sincere Prayers to you, yours and all that is around you,

As you all may be famililar with my case with DORA (submitted on July 25, 2005, read my case from the beginning here: click here.

After one year today (July 25, 2006) with DORA, last week I received the following letter from USCIS stating the following:

Reason for appointment: Documents we have in your file are not sufficient for approval.

It also says:

Bring with you: This notice, IDs, the Beneficiary, and proof that you and your spouse have been residing together, i.e. marriage certificate, income tax returns, lease agreements, rent receipts, insurance policies, wills, employment letters, birth certificates of children born within this marriage, joint utility bills, bank statements, divorce decrees, correspondence, and any and all other documentations to include birth certificates of petitioner and beneficiary. Any document in a foreign language will need to be accompanied by a certified translation into English. In addition, bring income tax returns and W2 statements for the last three years. Bring originals of all documents and copies to leave.

Anyone had similar experience with DORA like this?

Please assist and enlighten, and share your experience, thank you,

With best wishes and sincere prayers to you, yours and all that is around you,

Sincerely
Piyalove

I have not received such a letter but would love to because first, it tell me that the case is being worked on and second, I will get one-on-one with an immigration officer and I will be able to ask him/her all sorts of questions about my case and will get to hear from the horse's mouth.

EricNeesGC said:
I have not received such a letter but would love to because first, it tell me that the case is being worked on and second, I will get one-on-one with an immigration officer and I will be able to ask him/her all sorts of questions about my case and will get to hear from the horse's mouth.

Any more news Eric? I cant believe they dont tell you anything. What was the last thing you heard when you went for Infopass? If they are working on backlogged cases, yours must surely be one of them.

pianoplayer said:
Any more news Eric? I cant believe they dont tell you anything. What was the last thing you heard when you went for Infopass? If they are working on backlogged cases, yours must surely be one of them.
Well...there are a few updates. After exchanging emails several times with the congressman's office, I gave up. The only thing his office can help is to get EAD or AP within 24 hours. I told his office that I can get one in less than 24 hours...as a matter of fact I can get one on the spot if need be it. The last email I sent to his office states that my next step is to sue the USCIS and FBI for gross neglect on my case. Now his office is trying to convince me not to sue but at the same time they are not willing to even ask FBI if my name check is clear or not.

On the other hand, I wrote several letters to senator and ombudsman's office but have not heard anything yet. I will give 90 days to answer. During this time, I will write to them every 3 weeks. If I do not hear anything, I will file WOM.

I have also wrote to FBI and collected FOIA for evidence purpose.

I am doing all this to create enough evidence that I did my best to contact FBI, USCIS and govt. officials to solve this issue without going to the court but was not successful.

Eric

Eddie, incase you are reading this post, I do not want another rant from you about not suing USCIS. Please...I gave them 2 years and its about time they get sued. Ofcourse if you are not reading this post then no harm no foul :)

Got GC in Mail

Hello USCIS Fellow-Kin:
Greetings to you, yours and all that is around you,

I have good news to share with you all.

I got my two years conditional Green Card in the mail today.

Thanks to you all for the kind support, inspiration and guidance, I am indebted.

With best wishes and sincere prayers for the well-being, wellness and prosperity,

Sincerely
Piyalove

piyalove said:
Hello USCIS Fellow-Kin:

I have good news to share with you all.

I got my two years conditional Green Card in the mail today.

Thanks to you all for the kind support, inspiration and guidance, I am indebted.

With best wishes and sincere prayers for the well-being, wellness and prosperity,

Sincerely
Piyalove

Congratulations! Have been following your posts for a while now. Go celebrate.

Thank you

Hello USCIS Fellow-Kin:

Thank you to all, especially: ps182, cherr1980, EricNeesGC, pianoplayer and IrishBailey, you all have been a source of inspiration throughout, I am honored, Thank you!

Sincerely
Piyalove

Got the 10 year GC in the mail

Dear USCIS fellow travellers,

Today I got my 10 years Green Card in the mail, it came from zipcode 40701.

I take this opportunity to express my "Thank you" to all for being a partner in this journey with USCIS.

It took exactly, 3 years 9 months and 12 days from the date of application till today to get this plastic.

Now what?

Thank you,
Sincerely
PiyaLove
Texas