Here is our Experience with DORA today

Does this thread answers your questions?

• Total voters
jinjing21 said:
Hi, guys we are not lucky . We were interviewed on July 21, 2005 for I-485 and I-130. Received receipt on August 10, But our receipt for I-485 says "USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOITMENT. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken."

I tried to call 1-8000375-5283 and asked to set up a figure print appointment for my mom. On the phone, customer service asked me to read the form I-797 to him. Since the form says that my mom should wait for appointment notice, the customer service refused to set up the appointment for my mom at all.

I am wondering what does your receipts says about FP? Does your receipt for I-485 ask you to call and setup an appoitment? Can anyone please tell me? Thanks

Hi jinjing21,
The NOA C-797 said the same thing that USCIS will contact me for FP/Bio etc. But being inspired by meers (a member on this portal) I decided to do walk-in. Read more info here:

Good News @ ASC Dallas for FP/Bio
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=184403

May be USCIS is trying a new procedure to do FP/Bio etc.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck!
Piyalove
--------
07 Mar 2005 : Arrived in USA on B1/B2 Visa (6 months stay)
13 Apr 2005 : Married my Piya in Dallas
05 Jun 2005 : Scheduled appointment with DORA @ infopass
25 July 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-485
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-130
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130
24 Sept 2005 : (Day 62) FP/Bio Appointment - NOT NEEDED NOW!
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) FP/Bio Received
04 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) AOS Processing started

Is D.O.R.A. appt. down?

Just wondering, since i've been trying since two days to get the D.O.R.A based appointment through INFOPASS, but it comes up to a blank page, where there are no dates to select. Although, I am able select a regular INFOPASS appt. for general questions, or would youlike to meet a officer..etc.etc.

Anybody has any insight on how to get the D.O.R.A. specific INFOPASS appointment??

much thanks,
Naser

FP/BIO Appointment jinjing21

Hi jinjing21,

Our situation is similiar as yours.
We applied on July 25th and got the NOA after that mentioning that we would get a separate notice for FP/BIO with time and date. We are waiting since then. I saw that many people have successfully completed the FP/BIO by walkins. That sounds good. But we are going through a lawyer and they are not sure if we should walk in or not. Hence, we are waiting for a while.
We would think about walk in again in some days, in case we donot receive the FP notice.

Regards,
Applicant2005

Naser:

I just read your message, and I'm sorry you can't find any appointment with Infopass. My only suggestion is to KEEP trying and trying and trying non-stop.
I've been trying for a while too, then 2 days ago I finally found an appointment for the following day and I grabbed it right away!
Sometimes people cancel their appointment the day before or whatever, so one date "magically" appears out of nowhere.
Like I said, keep trying (I tried for hours, like every 10-15 minutes) and I'm sure you will find an appointment!
Good luck,

Inlove_tx

piyalove said:
3. Photos: One ADIT color photograph of my husband. Using a felt pen, I have lightly printed his name on the back of the photograph. Photograph is placed in a transparent pouch.

For the I-485 you only included 1 photo? So for DORA you don't need the 2 for I-485 and 1+1 for I-130? Just 3 photos total instead of 4?

And did they let you use ADIT (3/4 side view) or did you mean passport style full frontal?

Great information, piyalove.

xsydx

Updating Time

Hi Folks,

Today I received a letter from USDHS, saying the following:

Dated: September 30, 2005

Dear Applicant,

We have initiated the process to complete your I-485. Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjuct Status. Unfortunately it does not appear that the Service will be able to complete your case within 90 days. You are eligible to apply for Employment Authorization. You may do so by coming to 8101 N. Stemmons Freeway wtih teh completed I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with teh appropriate fee. Once inside the building, report to Window #1.

You scheduled appointment date and time is:

Date # Time #

You may pay with cashier's check or money order, but if you wish to pay with a money order, it is recommended that you do not complete the payee portion until the officer has instructed you to do so during your appointment.

The I-765 form, Application for Employment Authorization can be downloaded at the Service web site: www.uscis.gov

Sincerely
Signed
District Director

So therefore, I am updating my timeline for your knowing...

Piyalove
--------
Timeline:

30 Sept 2005: (Day 64) Received the 70th Day letter for EAD

piyalove said:
Hi Folks,

Today I received a letter from USDHS, saying the following:

Dated: September 30, 2005

Dear Applicant,

We have initiated the process to complete your I-485. Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjuct Status. Unfortunately it does not appear that the Service will be able to complete your case within 90 days. You are eligible to apply for Employment Authorization. You may do so by coming to 8101 N. Stemmons Freeway wtih teh completed I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with teh appropriate fee. Once inside the building, report to Window #1.

You scheduled appointment date and time is:

Date # Time #

You may pay with cashier's check or money order, but if you wish to pay with a money order, it is recommended that you do not complete the payee portion until the officer has instructed you to do so during your appointment.

The I-765 form, Application for Employment Authorization can be downloaded at the Service web site: www.uscis.gov

Sincerely
Signed
District Director

So therefore, I am updating my timeline for your knowing...

Piyalove
--------
Timeline:

Hi Piyalove...
I am wondering how is it possible that you receive the 70 th day letter in the day 64 from your interview.
You ve done an early FP appointment... how come the USCIS thinks that they are not able to complete your case in 90 days? :confused:

Good Luck

k1_visa said:
Hi Piyalove...
I am wondering how is it possible that you receive the 70 th day letter in the day 64 from your interview.
You ve done an early FP appointment... how come the USCIS thinks that they are not able to complete your case in 90 days? :confused:

Good Luck

Hi k1_visa,

FYI: I am counting days from the NOA date and not the interview.

There may be many factors that USCIS is not able to complete my case in 90 days: FBI name check pending, but I got three FoIPA letters from FBI though, may be I'm born in one country, but I am citizen of another - could be this too? I don't know. I really don't know what could be the glitch?

Can anyone suggest some more insights on this issue? I appreciate your kind input.

As of today, both I-130 and I-485 status online still has not changed. they both are dated August 4, 2005.

What happens now? Where is this all leading to? Please anyone shed some insights. Thank you in advance.

PS: What is your timeline k1_visa?

Thanks
Piyalove
--------
Timeline:

04 Aug 2005 : FP received ... processing commenced

Last edited by a moderator:
My Timeline Piyalove...

By The Way I Was Inspired By You To Do A Walk In. My Status On Line Doesnt Mention That They Received The Fp.

Good Luck.-

Ps: Whats A Foipa?

k1_visa said:
My Timeline Piyalove...

By The Way I Was Inspired By You To Do A Walk In. My Status On Line Doesnt Mention That They Received The Fp.

Good Luck.-

Ps: Whats A Foipa?

Dear k1_visa,
Thank you for your kind words. I am honored. My status online said the same thing. However, I had called the 1800 number to check my status and they told me that FP was received by USCIS on August 2.

About FoIPA, please read this thread of mine:

Here's Info for FBI Name Check @ FoIPA Request
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=185042

I hope this inspires you more,

Best Wishes,
Piyalove
--------

Got 70th day EAD letter

Hi Piyalove,

I guess we going ahead together :) Hope we see the final GC in our hands together and soon. BTW, I got my EAD appointment on 20th of this month in the same letter as yours. Was wondering if we can apply for Advance Parole too along with EAD.? I was planning to visit India in December.

Thanks,
Applicant 2005

Timeline:-
20th Sept 2005 : FP/Bio taken
3rd Oct 2005: Received the 70th Day letter for EAD

Applicant2005 said:
Hi Piyalove,

I guess we going ahead together :) Hope we see the final GC in our hands together and soon. BTW, I got my EAD appointment on 20th of this month in the same letter as yours. Was wondering if we can apply for Advance Parole too along with EAD.? I was planning to visit India in December.

Thanks,
Applicant 2005

Dear Applicant2005,
Thank you for input,

I have filled both forms I-131 and I-765 and will carry two cashiers check on the appointment day for EAD and see if I can submit for AP also. I shall keep you informed here.

Would you not do the same? Got nothing to loose, it will save some time, won't it?

Regards,
Piyalove
--------

Applicant2005 said:
Hi Piyalove,

Thanks,
Applicant 2005

Timeline:-
20th Sept 2005 : FP/Bio taken
3rd Oct 2005: Received the 70th Day letter for EAD
Yes, you can apply for AP on the same day.

Hi Folks,

Does DORA issue EAD the same day? What about AP how long does this one takes?

Please shed some light on these questions!

Thank you in advance.

Piyalove

piyalove said:
Hi Folks,

Does DORA issue EAD the same day? What about AP how long does this one takes?

Please shed some light on these questions!

Thank you in advance.

Piyalove
Piyalove,

I did not apply for AP but I recall reading in one of the posts that AP is also issued on the same day. One more thing, do not take any pictures with you for EAD. They will take the pictures for you at the Dallas DO. Just trying to save you $14 :) I am not sure if AP requires pictures or not.

Good luck

EricNeesGC said:
Piyalove,

I did not apply for AP but I recall reading in one of the posts that AP is also issued on the same day. One more thing, do not take any pictures with you for EAD. They will take the pictures for you at the Dallas DO. Just trying to save you $14 :) I am not sure if AP requires pictures or not.

Good luck

Hi,
Thank you for your input. I appreciate your kind attention.

Another question: how long they issue AP for? I mean how long is AP valid for. Please anyone kindly enligthen.

Thank you,
Piyalove

piyalove said:
Hi,
Thank you for your input. I appreciate your kind attention.

Another question: how long they issue AP for? I mean how long is AP valid for. Please anyone kindly enligthen.

Thank you,
Piyalove

One year maximum.

DORA in 120-180 days? confused

Hi "DORA" Peolpe,

IS there anyone whose online status says "The case will take 120 to 180 days" ? thats what my online case status says.My dora appt was on oct 5th and i got my Notice of Action today,oct 16, without letter asking to schedule FP . NOA says they will send me a letter with FP appoitment date. anyone with same situation? please reply!