H1B Transfer-Renewal Vermont Receipt

H1B Approved from VSC

Hi,

I applied for my H1B extension of stay @VSC on April 23rd 2007 and got the receipt notice on May 12th 2007, LUD on May 17th 2007 . Today(June 8th 2007) i got an Email from CRIS saying my H1B is approved and approval notice sent on June 7th 2007.

Thanks

Filed for H1B transfer on 19th April 2007, still no receipt from VSC.
I thought they were going to be back on schedule starting 3rd June.

Any updates ?

Seeking_Advice,

I think if you call USCIS you should be able to find out whether you case is in the system or not. Based on your first name and last name they can say whether your case is in the system.

Hi another-fella,
My case is smiliar to yours, my employer applied for both H1 and H4 on April 20th and was delivered on 24th.

I received the receipt No. for H1 with notice date May 10th in last of week of May, and one more thing check is also not cashed for H4 ,when I called USCIS for receipt no of H4 they could not track and said their is probability of overlooking and asked me to apply again, but you now my wifes H4 is expring on June 13th and I am worried. thought it is not our mistake we have to bear the pain.

If anybody has any suggestion, I appreciate.

Thanks

Receipt received for H1 this week, no news on H4 yet.

I also came across this USCIS memo, which answers questions related to status while waiting for receipt after the expiry of current H1.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...date052407.pdf

Per this memo, they are marking Received Date as the date on which the package was delivered to USCIS, and Notice Date as the date on which it has been receipted. So as long as Received Date is before the expiry of current H1 we are good. Now that is some good news from USCIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_fella
Here is mine:

H1 8th Year Extn and H4 Extn mailed out on April 14th, and there is no receipt yet for both.

Only the H1 Fee Check got cashed on May 15th, H4 -no news yet.

Hi,

My case is also similar to yours. I received my H1B receipt notice first and after a week I received my Wife's H4 receipt notice. Both cases were field together with VSC. But I do not know why they sent receipt notices separately. I hope by this time you would have received the receipt notices. Both H1B and H4 cases were filed on 13-APR-2007.

Hope this helps.

Hi mgkadri,
I didn't receive the receipt no. but I received the package of H4 extn documents requesting for original sign, as my employer sent the copy. But it took time so before I received that I mailed again another set of documents with another check which they cashed it yesterday.( We did this because extn is expiring by june 13th).

when you receive the approval post your details here, it will help all of us here to track.

thanks

Seeking_Advice,

I think if you call USCIS you should be able to find out whether you case is in the system or not. Based on your first name and last name they can say whether your case is in the system.

I called them and they said they can give this information only to my employer. Well, lets see if I am able to get my employer to call them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Receipt for H4 Extensions

My H1 extension application was filed on 5/1, and receipt was mailed to my attorney on 5/21 (it has a received date 5/2 and notice date 5/14).

Then on 5/29, I filed H4 extension for my wife and son. Today I received receipt for these applications (received date 6/1, notice date 6/4).

Both H1 and H4 applications are regular, not PP.

H1B Extension Approved

All,

I just wanted to let you know that my case was approved and also wanted to give some more information.

1. H1B/H4 applications were filed on 13-APR-2007

2. Did not receive the receipt notice until 16-MAY-2007.

3. My employer filed a duplicate copy of both H1B and H4 applications for premium processing on 16-MAY-2007

4. I received the receipt number for H1B on 29-MAY-2007 for the application that was filed on 13-APR-2007 under regular processing

5. I received the receipt number for my Wife's H4 and premium processing on 04-JUN-2007. Basically my receipt number was upgraded to premium processing.

6. Both H1B and H4 applications were approved as part of premium processing on 08-JUN-2007

The case was filed with VSC. My attorney wanted to re-file the case during last week of May but fortunately we received the receipt number.

I hope this helps.

H-1 Application submitted, no receipt as yet

Hi all,

My company filed too on my behalf for the H-1 visa by the April2nd deadline. However I have not even got the receipt of the application which is expected to reach everyone with Vermont service center by June 15th. Is there anyone else with a similar situation? How long should it normally take?

can anyone please post the phone number of the USCIS Customer Service Hotline in Vermont? I'm so worried about mine its past 45 days I have not received any receipt at all.

recieved H1 reciept notice for H1 mailed May11th

for guys looking for Reciept Notices..

We mailed for H1 extn on May 11th..Notice date May 19th...

got the Reciept Notice on June 27th in mail...H4 reciepts were mailed by May 24th..

dont panic...

H1 ext approved but for 1 year insted 3 year

Hi All,

I have applied for h1 extesnion via PP and today I got an approval e-mail but it says valid only for 1 year. I have approved 140 and applied for 3 year ext. Can some one please tell me is it normal, can I do some thing about it? has any else with same experience?

Thanks

Hi All,

I have applied for h1 extesnion via PP and today I got an approval e-mail but it says valid only for 1 year. I have approved 140 and applied for 3 year ext. Can some one please tell me is it normal, can I do some thing about it? has any else with same experience?

Thanks

looks like at the time of processing your case,there was the confusion of the visa bulletin being current..if the PDS r current then the H1 extns based on i140 approvals r given for 1yr instead of 3yrs..

I filed for my H1 extn for 3yrs based on 140 approval, just got an email update today,hopefully it has sinked by now into the immigration officers that the Visa Bulletin is not current and gives me an extn for 3yrs..

will update here as I see my approval..

Please check your e-mail

Hello StreetTest,

Thanks for your reply, can you please check your e-mail message from USCIS and see if you can see the validity dates in the e-mail.

Thanks,