H1B Transfer-Renewal Vermont Receipt

mehul93

My new company filed for my H1B Transfer/Renewal on April 18th 2007 via Regular Processing. Haven't received receipt yet......anybody else in the same situation....

How long does it take to get a receipt ?

Regards.
Mehul

Mehul,

Did you receive your H1 transfer filing receipt ?

I heard that it takes 7 - 14 days normally. But, it could take little longer because of the work load for new H1Bs.

Cheers,
Rags.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had also applied for H1 Transfer - Extension under regular processing on 19th April 2007, but still I havent got a receipt number. I checked with the lawyer and they said that usually it takes from 2-4 weeks !!! and the transfer itself can take upto 4 months.

I wish they had premium processed it.

no word on h1 transfer- fedexed apr 11

My H1B transfer has also been delayed. My fedex package reached there on the Apr 11th, still no word. My new company has been checking with their accounts dept to see if the filing checks have been cleared, and nothing. I hope its the new H1 overload thats causing this delay.

My H1B transfer has also been delayed. My fedex package reached there on the Apr 11th, still no word. My new company has been checking with their accounts dept to see if the filing checks have been cleared, and nothing. I hope its the new H1 overload thats causing this delay.

Wow...so after 3 full weeks, you still have not received the notice ? Will it help to PP it ? I was hoping to get my receipt by the end of next week (under regular processing / Fedex'd on April 19), but looking at your case that looks like a longshot.

Hi Hev102/Seeking_Advice,

Did any of you receive receipt notice? Could you please inform?

Thanks You

I am waiting for my transfer filing receipt for last 2 weeks. Not sure whether it was done through regular or premium processing.

Cheers,
Rags.

H1B transfer Receipt

My company's attorney filed the transfer of h1b on 23rd April 2007 , Did not receive the receipt yet. Any idea how much time usually it takes to get the receipt.

Thanks

hey guys.. the same issue with me too... my company tells me that INS received my application on th 16th of april... forget receipt, but even my cheque hasnt been encashed yet... soooo irritating... cannot even start work... i know i shoudnt say this... but i feel a lil better that other guys are having this prob too and not only me....
KEEP THE FAITH GUYS.... keep the faith

hey guys.. the same issue with me too... my company tells me that INS received my application on th 16th of april... forget receipt, but even my cheque hasnt been encashed yet... soooo irritating... cannot even start work... i know i shoudnt say this... but i feel a lil better that other guys are having this prob too and not only me....
KEEP THE FAITH GUYS.... keep the faith

I just spoke with the person who handles immigration at the new employer. She said that these days it is taking anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks to get the receipt. And so, they are going to have me start working for them based on the FedEx filing receipt. I am not sure if this is completely legal or not, but I am willing to take the chance.

I have not yet received the receipt.

Docs sent on 25th Apr. Any idea whether we can switch to PP (while we are waiting for the receipt) ?

Rags

I have not yet received the receipt.

Docs sent on 25th Apr. Any idea whether we can switch to PP (while we are waiting for the receipt) ?

Rags

I am trying to convert mine to PP but the attorney said unless we have the receipt number we cannot convert.

Hi
My new company filed for my H1 transfer on Apr 16th still haven't received anything from INS.

Prakash

Same issue with me too...My new company sent out the paper work on April 18th, 2007. No luck yet with my reciept and I am waiting to give out my resignation with my current employer based on recieving the reciept.

My new employer says that I am technically allowed to join him once he sends out the paper work...I am little bit concerned not doing this. Also my joining date with my new employer has passed by and I am not sure if he is going to hold my offer valid.

Please anyone let me know if this is okay and if anyone is on the same boat.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Prakash

Same issue with me too...My new company sent out the paper work on April 18th, 2007. No luck yet with my reciept and I am waiting to give out my resignation with my current employer based on recieving the reciept.

My new employer says that I am technically allowed to join him once he sends out the paper work...I am little bit concerned not doing this. Also my joining date with my new employer has passed by and I am not sure if he is going to hold my offer valid.

Please anyone let me know if this is okay and if anyone is on the same boat.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Prakash

Prakash,

Please read the message posted by Seeking_Advice. I think he said he is going to join based on FEDEX receipt notice.

My spouse's transfer was filed on April 22nd and there is no sign of receipt yet. Meanwhile he has resigned from this company with last date of May 21st. If he doesnt join the new co will he be considered out of status? Will this affect future PERM/140/485 process? Please advise. While I know there are many people waiting for receipts all this is so frustrating that sometimes you wonder why do you have to go thru this...