h1b rfe

shankyyy said:
my status was again updated today as below...has anyone ever seen such an update after rfe or is it only done whey they have to do thorough fingerprinting/background checks ..... i am worried about (a) the processing time (2 months or even more) and (b) the petition getting approved without I-94 (as I have read in these forums) that would require me to go out of the country for stamping....any feedback would be appreciated.
-----------
Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On November 17, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
--------

i have the exact messages as you although mine is for i-485. I am not sure if these messages mean anything.

Thanks, shahramt. Is your I-485 pending at CSC or other service center?

I thought finger printing and/or interview are only during GC processing. I don't know whether this is new. I would like to know whether anyone applying for H-1/H-1 transfer has recd such an update?? If so, please let me know how long it takes to get an answer, whether they approve the h-1 with or without I-94 or whether they deny the h-1.

Hi shankyy,

I am in the similar situation as of u...I filed for fresh H1 in 65k quota.I got RFE on sep 30th.I replied to RFE on oct 14th.on oct 30th ...status update was...

On October 30, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates".

Yesterday again my status changes to

On October 30, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I am in confusion state...what the difference between these two...

Plz let me know....Any one is in the similar situation plz reply.....

Regards,

After a long agonising period, my H1B was approved. Although I had checked it on Friday evening, and there was no approval then, the wesite says that it was approved on Nov 17th. Good luck to all of you who are waiting. Here are my details. As you can see, nothing seemed to go right for me. Dont even know if PP helped or not. But I will forget all those things for sometime, and be happy for my H1b. Hope all of you on this forum get a positive reply soon.

Applied on June 26th (Adv degree)
Upgrade application to PP - Sept 21st.
Online status changed to PP - Oct 9th.
RFE generated - Oct 23rd.
RFE resp sent - Oct 24th
RFE resp received updated - NOV 16th
Approval - Nov 17th

sruthi327 said:
Hi shankyy,

I am in the similar situation as of u...I filed for fresh H1 in 65k quota.I got RFE on sep 30th.I replied to RFE on oct 14th.on oct 30th ...status update was...

Regards,

sumit, congrats! finally u got approved...

since there is atleast one more person (sruthi327) who has a similar update as mine, the update looks genuine....so CIS is probably going to take a long time to adjudicate such cases...i doubt whether my new employer would wait that long....it's hard to get a job nowadays...n CIS doesn't make life any easier.

shankyyy said:
sumit, congrats! finally u got approved...

since there is atleast one more person (sruthi327) who has a similar update as mine, the update looks genuine....so CIS is probably going to take a long time to adjudicate such cases...i doubt whether my new employer would wait that long....it's hard to get a job nowadays...n CIS doesn't make life any easier.

hi,
I am also in the same situation....my online status also changed like that and moved to Nebraska also....
I did not understand what is going to happen..

-samath

one more in the same situation...samath, when did it change - today/yesterday or a while back? is ur case at Vermont or california? i am beginning to wonder whether CIS is doing a background check on our cases...if so, i don't know whether they are choosing cases randomly or do they have any reason.

Same here.... my status also changed like all of you.
my case is at VSC. I wonder how much longer will the process take...

life101/samath/sruthi327

have any of u guys filed premium processing? if so, when was the last update?
thanks.

Mine is regular processing.
Original receipt date- June 16th
RFE generated- Oct 31
RFE received- Nov 14
and then there was a change in the status message like everyone else on Nov 20.

Mine is regular processing
RFE generated: Sep 30th
RFE responded: Oct 15th
Status changed : Nov 30th
Still waiting.......

thanks sruthi327/life101.. i see that samath is also regular processing...since mine is PP, i want to see whether they are going to reply within 15 days after my update on nov 17. if they don't, then it wud be a long wait.

shankyyy said:
thanks sruthi327/life101.. i see that samath is also regular processing...since mine is PP, i want to see whether they are going to reply within 15 days after my update on nov 17. if they don't, then it wud be a long wait.

hi,

yes,mine is also regular processing..
i am all most frustrated with this waiting.....
oh god it is very painfull to wait this much time(almost 7 months)....:(

I agree Samath..its been a long wait.
So when the H1s are finally approved, will they start from the point of when they get approved?
It is past the OCt 1st date.. So I was a little worried

Hi all,

I am also waiting for long. Here are my details:

Application accepted date: May 12
RFE sent from CIS: Sep 12
RFE reply received at CIS: Sep 19
Current status: ....You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. ...
I am really worrying a lot now these days, because of this. But anyhow, let me update my status here too.

All,

I got a BIG Thanksgiving Surprise! Very unexpectedly, my petition has been approved, just when last friday the update said it might take 60 days or more to process...
here are my complete details.
----
H-1 Transfer Filed on Oct 20 PP
RFE generated Oct 27th
RFE responded Nov 1; recd by CIS on Nov 2 (Fedex receipt)
RFE updated by CIS on Nov 17 (first a short update, then the long scary update that many of you have also seen)
Approval on Nov 24
----
here's the complete update as of Nov 24
---
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 24, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
---
From the above update, is it possible to say whether the approval is with or without I-94? Wud appreciate any feedback.

It looks like doing premium processing helped but don't how much since CIS didn't respond within 15days of RFE receipt. But they did respond within 15 days of RFE response update!!. If your lawyers' feel it is worth, upgrade to PP and get a decision soon. Good Luck to all still waiting for a positive response. I am sure you will get your approval very soon. I shall also update as to whether my approval was with or without I-94.

shankyyy said:
All,

I got a BIG Thanksgiving Surprise! Very unexpectedly, my petition has been approved, just when last friday the update said it might take 60 days or more to process...
here are my complete details.
----
H-1 Transfer Filed on Oct 20 PP
RFE generated Oct 27th
RFE responded Nov 1; recd by CIS on Nov 2 (Fedex receipt)
RFE updated by CIS on Nov 17 (first a short update, then the long scary update that many of you have also seen)
Approval on Nov 24
----
here's the complete update as of Nov 24
---
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 24, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
---
From the above update, is it possible to say whether the approval is with or without I-94? Wud appreciate any feedback.

It looks like doing premium processing helped but don't how much since CIS didn't respond within 15days of RFE receipt. But they did respond within 15 days of RFE response update!!. If your lawyers' feel it is worth, upgrade to PP and get a decision soon. Good Luck to all still waiting for a positive response. I am sure you will get your approval very soon. I shall also update as to whether my approval was with or without I-94.

Hi,

Congrats..

-samath

RFE received - No updates since then

Hi Krishny,

My case is similar to yours too. Vermont service center, RFE received date Sep 19. LUD Nov21, the site says case processing has resumed, no updates since then.

Did you get your approval?

sennal said:
Hi Krishny,

My case is similar to yours too. Vermont service center, RFE received date Sep 19. LUD Nov21, the site says case processing has resumed, no updates since then.

Did you get your approval?
is your case regular or premium processing??