h1b rfe

eugseb said:
hi samath,

I sincerely understand your frustration,because even I went through the same phase.Again it depends,According to INS ,the maximum time is 60 ...

My Application was upgraded to PP. After 13 days of upgrade, RFE was generated. It has been 2 weeks since the lawyer sent the response, but the website does not even show that INS has received RFE response.

hi sumit,

By post,it takes maximum 4 days to reach the INS.The INS in a day or two updates the site .In ur case,looks like u will have to call INS and find out.

I did, and and they say that they have not received it. I think they have misplaced it, because the lawyer claims to have a proof of the receipt. I am pressurizing my consultant to ask the lawyer to send it one more time.

eugseb said:
hi sumit,

By post,it takes maximum 4 days to reach the INS.The INS in a day or two updates the site .In ur case,looks like u will have to call INS and find out.

hi sumit,

Actually ur lawyer can track using the reciept number if the response has recieved the INS.If so,u can produce proof to the INS.
Sending the response again is not a good idea because the INS requires u to
send the original RFE form sent to u by the INS.Since u have already sent it with the response,sending the response again will not work.

hi eugseb,

thanks for the information,but in PP also some cases moving slow,i have noticed that.so i am thinking about that,any way i don't have job offer right now.i am not able to decide about PP(because some PP cases also slow) but
waiting from long time with out guaranty of approval is very painfull....:(

Rgds,
Samath

PP RFE - No update

Filed on Oct 20 PP
RFE generated Oct 27th
RFE responded Nov 1
No updates on USCIS webpage as to whether they have received the response or not? Is this normal? Does USCIS update for PP cases?
Thanks.

PP upgraded on Oct 9th
RFE Oct 23
Resp sent Oct 24
No update on site whether they have received it or not.

shankyyy said:
Filed on Oct 20 PP
RFE generated Oct 27th
RFE responded Nov 1
No updates on USCIS webpage as to whether they have received the response or not? Is this normal? Does USCIS update for PP cases?
Thanks.

looks like it is common that cis does not update all the cases.... hopefully, they don't misplace/lose it......anyway, ur 15 days is nearly over after u sent ur rfe. if u don't get a response within 15 days, get ur money back!..keep us posted...so shall i.

I suspect that CIS has misplaced it. I am calling my consultant on a daily basis, inorder to pressurize the lawyer. Nothing seems to be working. Will let this forum know if there is any movement.

shankyyy said:
looks like it is common that cis does not update all the cases.... hopefully, they don't misplace/lose it......anyway, ur 15 days is nearly over after u sent ur rfe. if u don't get a response within 15 days, get ur money back!..keep us posted...so shall i.

The consultant says lawyer is non responsive. He has asked me not to contact the lawyer directly. I do not know what he talks to the lawyer, but so far the online status does not even show that they have received the RFE response. I fear they have lost my paper.

shankyyy said:
sumit, ur 15 days r over....any news from ur lawyer/employer abt the current status of ur pp appln?

Hi friends
Still i am not the get approval.
Here is the summary of mine:

Application reciept date : May 18th
RFE generated : Sep 7th
RFE response recieved : OCt 25th
any body has faced the same situation...
mine is h1b regular...

let me know if any body got approved , after submitting the RFE ?

shankyyy said:

hi shankyyy,

In PP if we did not get the update in 15days,how we can we get back the money.can you pls tell me the procedure?thanks

samath

samath,

i wudn't know that since my employer's lawyer has filed my case....ask ur lawyer abt the procedure.....anyway, my 15 days wud be over this weekend....still no update on the status...

My online status shows the follwoing update in the last hour. No approval yet, but atleast some movement.

"on November 16, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates. "

sumit1976 said:
The consultant says lawyer is non responsive. He has asked me not to contact the lawyer directly. I do not know what he talks to the lawyer, but so far the online status does not even show that they have received the RFE response. I fear they have lost my paper.

sumit,
that's good news....keep us posted once u get a decision...mine shows no movement yet..it's aready 15 days since response was recd by CIS...hopefully, in the next week, they should atleast update it.....

H1B approved

Hi friends
Finally i got approved.......

Approved : Nov 16th
Mine is h1b regular...

Thanks for the guys who gave some hope reg the approval....especially EUGSEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
new or extension

Did you get new H1 approved OR was this extension?

Do you know if they both takes around same time or less?

pk_balu said:
Hi friends
Finally i got approved.......

Approved : Nov 16th
Mine is h1b regular...

Thanks for the guys who gave some hope reg the approval....especially EUGSEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after 15 days of rfe recd by CIS, the status was updated late today afternoon as below....

"On November 17, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates".

the update may have happened after my lawyer followed up with CIS today...looks like CIS were not sure whether they had my papers; so they did not update...after my lawyer called, CIS realized they had all the papers!!!...i can't understand how this could happen!! anyway, hopefuly, my petition should get approved soon....

my status was again updated today as below...has anyone ever seen such an update after rfe or is it only done whey they have to do thorough fingerprinting/background checks ..... i am worried about (a) the processing time (2 months or even more) and (b) the petition getting approved without I-94 (as I have read in these forums) that would require me to go out of the country for stamping....any feedback would be appreciated.
-----------
Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On November 17, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
--------