H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Got my visa revalidation

Hello all:

I sent my passport for revalidation on 19th Sept and DOT received on 20th Sep and I got my passport back with stamping on 1st Nov. Visa was issued on 30th Sep.

Thank you all guys for your sincere efforts for posting ur replies to this thread and wish you all who are waiting to receive their passports.

Suren

still waiting

Sent my pp for h1 b visa revalidation : 10 sept

Recevd by DOS : 11 sept
Still have not received my pp back.
I called them..so they say that it is taking 8-10 weeks or more
What should I do ?
Others who have sent later have already recevd it .
I sent it by fedex and also sent a prepaid fedex envelope to send my pp back.
I hope that i get it soon.

still waiting

I also having the same problem Received DOS: Sep 20
I called the state department office, they checked my records and said that the visa was approved on 31 Oct and it is to be sent back. I hope I will get it by monday.

Kumar

Got PP with stamping

Sent: Sep 18
Rcvd back PP: Nov 1

Thanks for people who helped me with answers.

And good luck to all of you still waiting...

- deepbob

letter formats

deepbob or surendb or anyone,

could you guys post the format of 'cover letter' as well as format of 'employer's letter'. Also is the re-validated visa 'multiple entry'?

Thanks in advance.

Fedex Air Bill

Hello,
I am planning to send for my H1 revalidation. Do we have to pay for returning the pp to us? I was told to include a fedex air bill. What is it and how do I get one? I haven't done this before..so someone please explain in detail.

Thanks a lot.

revalidation

h1/h4 revalidation.
sent PP on 23rd Oct 02
DOS received 24th Oct 02
Waiting...

Please keep updated.
Also do you think we can start a new thread
on this. This has become too ,ong with 17 pages!

New thread on revalidation

I have started a new thread as:

H1 Revalidation tracker-II (extended thread)

I got my Passport back with the new VISA. On my old VISA even though it was expired they stamped it CANCELLED without PREJUDICE. Is this the normal Practice. The reason i am asking this is this is the second time i am sent it for RE-VALIDATION, first time in 2000 they did not put that STAMP on my old visa

Re: letter formats

Originally posted by braj123
deepbob or surendb or anyone,

could you guys post the format of 'cover letter' as well as format of 'employer's letter'. Also is the re-validated visa 'multiple entry'?

Thanks in advance.

braj123,

i went thru company attorney for this. They formatted
a typical attorney style letter with lots of details on
my job description/history/experience, company description
and ended with a request to issue new stamping.

i think the actual contents is not important but the bigger
and detailed the letter is it's better.

on multiple entry question, Yes it was M.

- deepbob

employment letter

deepbob,

Did the letter from your employer contain details of why you need a stamping (such as you have to make business trips outside USA etc.,).
As I have posted earlier my employer is not willing to give a letter that says I need to make business trips etc.,
They just give me a letter that states my salary, date of joining and designation. Is this letter enough?. Please help.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Wait Finally Over

Sent: Sep 19
Received DOS St Louis: Sep 20

Stamped : Oct 31
Sent from Washington DC: Nov 5
Received : Nov 6 (Fedex Overnight Delivery)

Thanks to all for replying to my query's during the 6-7 week wait
and for all others in the waiting period, best of luck.

Kumar

DS156 Questions

Hello All

I have been reading comments on this forum for sometime...I need to send my passport to St. Louis for revalidation of H1B.

Does anyone have a sample of DS156 answers ? Some of the questions are not relevant when filling the form for revalidation and seem more appropriate for new applicants.

e.g.
Q19: What is the purpose of your trip ?
Q21: When do intend to arrive in the U.S. ?
Q23: Who will pay for your trip ?

What should I fill in ? Should I say
"Employment with XXX Corp" and "Already in the US" and "XXX X Corp" or should I say N.A. ?

Also, I read somewhere that we should mention the birth date as 01 January 1971 instead of 01/01/1971...but the form instructs that it should be entered as mm/dd/yyyy

Please can someone clarify my doubts....I dont want to make any mistakes...probably someone who has got their visas revalidated can share their experiences.

Thanks
Posit_GC

fedex questions for revalidation

Hi ,
I have a couple of questions regarding h1 revalidation:

1. should I send a prepaid fedex airbill alone or should I stick it to an fedex envelope too?

2. I understand that the enclosed airbill should be addressed to myself, but what should I write in the sender's address? should it be st. Loius address or the washington address or should I leave it blank? Fedex says that they cannot accept a shipment without a sender's address.
I will appreciate a quick reply.

-regards
Chandra

h1 revalidation problem

hi,

in the form ds-157. are we expected to write information about our secondary school also in the "educational institutions attended " column.

-thanks
Chandra.

Form DS-156

Hello there

I am on H1 Visa, completed three years in US and working as software consultant; will appreciate if someone helps me with answers to following questions for Form DS-156.

Q 19. What is the purpose of your trip?
Q 23. Who will pay for your trip?
Q 27. Have you ever been in the US?
Q 28. Have you ever been issued a US Visa?
Q 31 Has anyone ever filed an immigrant Visa petition on your
behalf?

Thanks.