H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Re: Attach Old passport ?

Ash777,
It is probably a good idea to send your old passport which holds your previous Visa. I am not sure which document it that INS specifically mentions this but am pretty sure if you don't send the old passport they will send a temp refusal and ask for the old passport having the Visa stamp - the major reason for this is to avoid a fraudulent attempt to get a Visa stamp.
My "suggestion" is to send both new and your old passport - it wouldn't hurt in the first place and secondly you could avoid a temp refusal.

ucn.

Originally posted by Ash777
I have my last expired visa in old passport.
Should I send that too alongwith new one?
Any experiences/suggestion would help.

Questions about form 156 and 157

Hi guys,

I am planning to send my application next week to St Louis, I have few questions about these form and I think you guys are experts.

Form DS-0156:

12. HOME ADDRESS (Include apartment number, street, city, state or province, postal zone, and country)

This is my current US address or the address in Passport ????? if Current US Address then it will be same as 20. AT WHAT ADDRESS WILL YOU STAY IN THE U.S.?

What about 21. WHEN DO YOU INTEND TO ARRIVE IN THE U.S.? and 27. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE U.S.? I am in US.

Form DS-0157:

9. List All Countries You have Entered in the Last Ten Years (Give the Year of Each Visit). I came here in 1998 then went to India in 2000 then went to canada in 2001 then back to US. SO it will be US 1998
India 2000
US 2000
Canada 2001
US 2001
Is that right??????

13. List all Professional, Social and Charitable Organizations to Which You Belong (Belonged) or Contribute (Contributed) or with Which You Work (Have Worked).

Is it include your previous employers ???????

Thanks

Visa fee???

:confused:
Guys,
Does anyone what the visa fee now is? I read the visa fee is increased to 100$ with effective from Nov 1. If I send the passport for revalidation now( before Nov1) for how much should I take the money order for visa fee.

Thanks in advance,

dude

Re: Questions about form 156 and 157

Pareshan,
Here are the answers to your questions.
12. - Its your home address back home and not your current address in US. It doesn't have to be address in your passport.

21. - When do you plan to arrive in US ? -- Presently in US.
How long do you intend to stay in US? -- For duration of work authorization.

You are right about question 9 on DS 157. You have to list all countries and the year you visited, you can be specific with date also or else month also. They might cross verify with passport entries.

Question 13 - You dont have to specify your employer " unless " its a charitable organization. If you don't have anything to mention write "N/A" because I left it blank:)rolleyes: ) and my application was sent back to me... and they asked me to fill in that question specifically!!!

Hope this info helps you.

Good Luck,
ucn.

Hope this info helps you.

Originally posted by Pareshan
Hi guys,

I am planning to send my application next week to St Louis, I have few questions about these form and I think you guys are experts.

Form DS-0156:

12. HOME ADDRESS (Include apartment number, street, city, state or province, postal zone, and country)

This is my current US address or the address in Passport ????? if Current US Address then it will be same as 20. AT WHAT ADDRESS WILL YOU STAY IN THE U.S.?

What about 21. WHEN DO YOU INTEND TO ARRIVE IN THE U.S.? and 27. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE U.S.? I am in US.

Form DS-0157:

9. List All Countries You have Entered in the Last Ten Years (Give the Year of Each Visit). I came here in 1998 then went to India in 2000 then went to canada in 2001 then back to US. SO it will be US 1998
India 2000
US 2000
Canada 2001
US 2001
Is that right??????

13. List all Professional, Social and Charitable Organizations to Which You Belong (Belonged) or Contribute (Contributed) or with Which You Work (Have Worked).

Is it include your previous employers ???????

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Visa fee???

MD-dude,
If you apply for your visa revalidation before Nov 1 2002, the visa fee is $65.00.
If you apply on or after Nov 1 2002, the visa fee is $100.00.

ucn.

Originally posted by MD-dude
:confused:
Guys,
Does anyone what the visa fee now is? I read the visa fee is increased to 100$ with effective from Nov 1. If I send the passport for revalidation now( before Nov1) for how much should I take the money order for visa fee.

Thanks in advance,

dude

revalidation

Hi NIRMALA2002,

It seems that we both applied almost at the same time.Please update your status if you hear anything .

here is my info:

Sent for H1 b revalidation : Sept 4
Recev'd : Sept 6

Still waiting........

Thanks
Pendli

H1 Revalidation along with spouse's H4 Revalidation

Sent to DOS, St. Louis: Oct 09
Recd by DOS: Oct 11

the waiting begins......

Visa revalidation

:(

Thanks UCNair for the info.

Sent my passport for revalidation today( 10/18/2002).
One more camper in this group....

dude

DS 156 Questions

Here are my questions to the forum...requesting reply ASAP.

1. Should the DS 156 application be printed back-to-back instead of on two separate pages?

2. Since I am on H1, questions 16 & 25 will have to be the same and so should I write "same as in 16." for Q25. Or should I duplicate? I know it's common sense but still...are there any cases where the applications were sent back just for being "clever" in answering. :)

3. Since I am currently in US, questions about "purpose of trip", "when do you intend to arrive in US", "who will pay for your trip", name and relationship of persons travelling with you" will all be 'N/A'?

4. Since my GC process is going on, what would be the answer to no. 31 - "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf"? I am thinking an employment based GC process is an immigrant visa petition. Is this true?

5. Are there any implications to answering details about brother/sisters currently in the US. Or, Son/daughter being born here in the US and hence Legal permanent residents?

Thanks in Advance for your replies.

nkaveti

Re: DS 156 Questions

The answers are only my suggestions...

Originally posted by nkaveti
Here are my questions to the forum...requesting reply ASAP.

1. Should the DS 156 application be printed back-to-back instead of on two separate pages?
---------------- Doesn't have to be printed back to back, can be 2 separate pages.
2. Since I am on H1, questions 16 & 25 will have to be the same and so should I write "same as in 16." for Q25. Or should I duplicate? I know it's common sense but still...are there any cases where the applications were sent back just for being "clever" in answering. :)
----------------It would be wise to replicate the answer.
3. Since I am currently in US, questions about "purpose of trip", "when do you intend to arrive in US", "who will pay for your trip", name and relationship of persons travelling with you" will all be 'N/A'?
---------------"Purpose of trip" employment
---------------"when do you intend..." would be presently in US.
---------------"who will pay..." salary from employer.
---------------"who will be travelling..." if you have a dependant they would have to be included, otherwise N/A

4. Since my GC process is going on, what would be the answer to no. 31 - "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf"? I am thinking an employment based GC process is an immigrant visa petition. Is this true?
-------------- Answer for this in no

5. Are there any implications to answering details about brother/sisters currently in the US. Or, Son/daughter being born here in the US and hence Legal permanent residents?
-------------There are no implications... my whole family is here and I mentioned this even when I was applying for the first time in India back in 97.... so that doesn't adversely effect this application as far as I know.

Thanks in Advance for your replies.

nkaveti

ucnair

Thank you for your replies.

So, An immigrant Visa petition is not the same as an employment based GC process intent?

nkaveti

nkaveti,
I am not sure if they are different or the same but the answer was exactly what my attorney told me.
I had answered yes to that question and my attorney told me that you don't have to answer yes if it for the GC process from the employer, but when I mentioned my family based GC petition she didn't change it.
So, if you have a GC petition filed on your behalf by somebody in your family you would have to say "yes" to that question otherwise "N/A". You might want to find out from your attorney dealing with employment based petition.

ucn.

Hi nkaveti, ucnair,
Our attorney had said that the answer would be "No" if the I-140 immigrant visa petition has not been filed yet.

I would agree with ucnair that it would be good to consult your attorney on this.

This is not legal advice.

send: 19 Sep
Received at St Louis: 20 Sep

Still Waiting...Anybody who have sent passport for revalidation during the same time, please keep the thread updated.

Thanks
Kumar

Still waiting for pp

Hi,

I just called DOS office regarding my revalidation status, and they said it supposed to be mailed out on Oct 10, but up to now, I still haven't received it yet, eventhough the address on return envelope is correct. And the officer told me that probably it was delayed because they have printer problem, and now the officer said I could ask about my status via fax. Does anybody has tried asking the status via fax, and does DOS actually replied the fax request?

Please help,

Marisini

sent Sep 18 - still waiting

Sent: Sep 18
Rcvd by DOS: Sep 19

Still waiting...

Based on recent stampings expecting end of this week.