got the interview notice today -- DC office

Thank you very much, Al Southner!!! You just gave me a big boost there being a diplomatic visa holder myself. I'm having hesitations with my thoughts of writing the NBC office and I'm just glad to know you already did that. Now I'm ready to send my letter :D. I will also do that infopass appt every month and keep bugging them. From personal experience, the people there at Fairfax are quite intimidating and borderline rude, so I'll definitely go with your suggestion to be firm and strong. Thanks also for sharing ur timeline. Almost a year, huh? :(

A few more questions though, did u demand to speak with an IO officer when u went to Fairfax? :confused: And, did u actually get to speak with an IO officer in Fairfax? :confused:

And btw, it's Miss B :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got my interview notice guys-only 353 days later. I got my interview letter, noa and bio for my ead renewal too today. the nice thing about the interview is I apparently don't have to drive 4 hours to DC-the interview will be done right here in Roanoke!

update

guys,
some movement finally...i received an email saying that the permanent residence welcome notice has been mailed to me.

here's my timeline:

Filed: Oct. 2006
Biometrics: Dec. 2006
EAD, I-131 approved: Feb, 2007; Dec. 2006 respectively
Interview: Sept. 2007 (almost exactly a year later)--Approved, but namecheck pending
Permanent Residence welcome notice: Dec. 2007

good luck everyone!