GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Help on Marriage affidavit

Hi folks

I'm gathering documents for GC for my parents through CP. In lieu of the marriage certificate, they are going to provide a Affidavit. Is this to be notarized by a notary or lawyer ? Does the laywer/notary have to write down anything in particular ?

Please help. If you have a notarized affidavit, that would be awesome.

Thanks
D

Interview dates received

Hi All,

Filed for my parents GC from CA..with a priority date of 27 may 2010. We had a bit of delay because of getting the Birth and Marriage certificates.

We got a letter for my Mom that her case was transferred to NVC with a case number, but did not receive a similar letter for my dad.

i called the visa center today and found out that they have emailed my dad and my bro(petitioner) with interview dates which is scheduled for sept 10th 2012.

I had a few questions -
Should they have got their Medicals done? - we didnt receive any papers telling them about it.
Should they have got their FP done? - again we didnt receive any papers asking them to get this done.

Their cases have been transferred to the Mumbai consulate for interview..

Any answers to the above is much appreciated.

Thanks

family green card for father who is working in USA

Hi,

I am a citizen and my father is on H1 working in USA. I am applying for his GC.
my questions are

1. He has visa till Aug 13. If he does not get GC till Aug 13, will he able to work?
2. After he gets GC will he able to work with GC or he will require some additional processing?

Hi,

I applied for my father's I-130 (US citizen applying for parent) last July and it got approved in February 2012 and the approval notice mentioned that NVC will contact me and my dad for further processing. I received 2 emails from NVC, one that is marked for my attention, stating that I have to pay the affidavit of support fee for $88 and a choice of agent form that needs to be selected by my dad for receiving correspondence about the case on a US address (it mentions that I can send this choice of agent form to my dad abroad in case he did not receive it, so he can sign and send it back to NVC). The other email that I received is marked for my dad's attention, asking for choice of agent by my dad for receiving correspondence about the case on a US address.

I called my dad asking if he received any correspondence from NVC but he has not received anything yet. Is it normal to receive corresponence from NVC by email only? Also, can I send the choice of agent form to my dad and ask him to fax it back to me after signing it and I can send it from within the US as I am not sure if the mail from my dad will ever reach NVC office (of course he can send it by Fedex or UPS, which should be reliable enough but just in case)?

Also, since I will be out of town from last week of June to the 3rd week of July, I am concerned that if I start the process now by paying the AOS fee and having my dad select the choice of agent, I might get correspondence from NVC while I am out of town. Is it advisable to delay paying the AOS fee and choice of agent till mid July or this could jeopardize the case?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi godsend,

My parents I130 just got approved and I am now waiting for mails from USCIS and NVC. May I know how did you finally handle the choice of agent form?

Thanks!

What to do if Birth/Marriage certificate is not there ?

Anyone know what to do if some one does not have below to items ?

* Birth certificate of parents
* Marriage certificate of parents.

Dear Experts,

I want to bring my parents to the U.S/California/San Jose. The list of documents required for the application states the following.

* Birth certificate of parents
* Marriage certificate of parents.

We don't have both (Or it will be very difficult for my parents to get it) , can any one suggest how to do this process without these above said documents.

I appreciate your response.

what needs to be signed when apply 130

I am ready to prepare I-130 forms. I have read forms but do not get clear idea. So just wanted to get quick help. Do I need to get any sign from my mother on I-130 or any other paper to send I-130 ?

My mother sign in hindi. Is there any issue or my mother needs to do thump print instead of sign in non english.

Thanks,

I-130 Need more evidence

Friends,

I applied for my mother's I-130 and today I found an update in the USCIS site that they are requesting for more evidence. As I am born before 1970, there are no birth certificates and my parents also do not have a Marriage certificate

What are the options in front of me

Thanks

Hi

pvelamur,

When you apply I-130. Did you need any sign from your mother ?

Thanks,

Friends,

I applied for my mother's I-130 and today I found an update in the USCIS site that they are requesting for more evidence. As I am born before 1970, there are no birth certificates and my parents also do not have a Marriage certificate

What are the options in front of me

Thanks

GC for parents - Better to file when they are in USA or in India

Hi,

I am contemplating whether to file GC for parents once they are in USA or while they are in India. I would like to hear from people the pros and cons and which is a better option in terms of logistics. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. If I file when they are in India does the process take more time etc?

thanks
meeta

Interview questions

Guys, thanks to all the help from this thread, was able to navigate the Immigration process for my parents. Interview is scheduled for Aug. 1. I am planning to purchase tickets, was wondering how long it takes to get the Visa, is it sent out by mail after the interview, or do they stamp the passport and return it right in the interview. As usual, any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Can you tell whether any questions are asked at the time of the interview? My parents have their interview scheduled on Monday September 24th and were wondering whether they will be asked any questions.

Thanks

GC for Parents - CP : Affidavit of Marriage

Hello,

I'm ready to apply for my parents thru' CP. They don't have the marriage certificate. I have read thru' the forum and some have submitted Affidavit of Marriage/Birth. Can anyone post a sample addifavit, please. I found one copy on this forum but that is pretty old.

Also, does anyone have the timeline for 2012 applications?
Thanks!!

GC for Parents : Income Tax issue

Hello,

I'm thinking of applying for I-130 for my parents. But there is an issue for me and my spouse's income tax:

We have lived in USA for 12 years till 2006 and both have USC. We moved to India in 2006 and are now back in USA since May 2012. For I-864/I-864A sponsorship for my parents I will need ITR for last 3 years, obviously which we don't have.
My husband is working currently since May 2012 but I'm not. We both used to work in India and can produce 3 years income tax, property and other documents. Is this admissible, can we submit Indian ITR documents?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

cp or concurrent processing?

i am wondering which process is faster cp or concurrent filing for parents? i am a us citizen and planning to apply for my parents green card soon, they have valid tourist visa for next few years and can visit us - what would you recommend?

would really appreciate your guidance.

thanks

Hi,

I am a US citizen and I filed for my dad's green card in May.
Timeline so far is below. This forum has been very very helpful so far. Thanks

5/24 Application Sent (I-485/i-130/i-765)
5/31 Checks Cashed
6/07 Notice of Bio-Metrics Appointment
6/14 Notice of Transfer of case to CAL service center
6/29 Bio Metrics Appointment
8/9 EAD receieved

I have not receieved anything after EAD. My father's I-94 expires in early November.
What should I do?
If he leaves his application will be abandoned. I can apply for his Visa extension or transfer his application to US embassy or what??
There is no hurry for him to go back to India if there is a way for him to stay here and wait for the decision on his GC application

Please advice what should I do. What are my options?

Thanks again
Regards

Hi,

I am a US citizen and I filed for my dad's green card in May.
Timeline so far is below. This forum has been very very helpful so far. Thanks

5/24 Application Sent (I-485/i-130/i-765)
5/31 Checks Cashed
6/07 Notice of Bio-Metrics Appointment
6/14 Notice of Transfer of case to CAL service center
6/29 Bio Metrics Appointment
8/9 EAD receieved

I have not receieved anything after EAD. My father's I-94 expires in early November.
What should I do?
If he leaves his application will be abandoned. I can apply for his Visa extension or transfer his application to US embassy or what??
There is no hurry for him to go back to India if there is a way for him to stay here and wait for the decision on his GC application

Please advice what should I do. What are my options?

Thanks again
Regards

He doesn't have to go back. He remains in a valid status until a decision is made on his application. Did he also apply for advance parole (by filing I-131)?

Hi
Thanks, we did not apply for I-131. Do we need to apply in order for him to stay legal?
Can we apply now?

Regards
Ankur

Do you both have dual citizenship or something? I am not sure how the dual citizenship works, but as USC you were supposed to file for the US Income Tax even though you worked overseas.

Hello,

I'm thinking of applying for I-130 for my parents. But there is an issue for me and my spouse's income tax:

We have lived in USA for 12 years till 2006 and both have USC. We moved to India in 2006 and are now back in USA since May 2012. For I-864/I-864A sponsorship for my parents I will need ITR for last 3 years, obviously which we don't have.
My husband is working currently since May 2012 but I'm not. We both used to work in India and can produce 3 years income tax, property and other documents. Is this admissible, can we submit Indian ITR documents?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi All-
I've been in this forum since 2008 when I applied for GC through USC (I was on F-1 prior to that). Now I am a USC myself and want to file for my parent. Timeline so far is below:

I live in NYC

Consular Processing: Georgetown Guyana
Father-
9/12/12- application mailed to Chicago lock box
9/14/12- application received
9/17/12- check cashed
9/20/12- NOA1 received- case transferred to NBC for processing;
NOA2 Petition received for father with PD 9/17/12, application pending

Mother

9/12/12- application mailed to Chicago lock box
9/14/12- application received
9/17/12- check cashed