GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

I wonder how your handicapped brother can pass the interview. Looking back to US immigration history, over a hundreds year ago. even when people got on to Ellis island, they got turned back if they didn't pass the health inspection.

Hello Everyone,

Can you please provide some thoughts on my situation. I want to reach out to Rajiv Khanna and team but want to see what are the possibilities before that to get green card for my brother. Following are the facts:

1. I am a US citizen.
2. Have applied for a green card for my mother, younger brother (unmarried, more than 18 years, physically handicapped) in 2012. Father is no more.
3. My mother will likely obtain her green card 2013/2014. My brother would not be eligible for a Green Card untill may be 11 years from now.

Given that my brother has severe physical handicap, is there anyway to expedite processing of his green card by proving to the USCIS that my brother due to his handicap has a dependency on my mother (who would be living in the USA) and me and needs to be given Green Card sooner than the 11 years period ?

Thanks for your advice.

USC filling for Parents - need help

Hi, I am USC and i filling AOS for both of my parents. They are here in US. My father has a different suffix in his documents like bhai, kumar and chandra. Do i need to make any affidavits for these or these is now well known withing USCIS. should i mention those name in OTHER NAME USED fields??

Please reply ....need to mail application ASAP.

Thank you,
Hiren Patel

I-130 Track

Hi everyone,

It's my first post here and I'm going to share my timeline I-130.
priority date : Oct 31, 2012
I applied for my mom and this is so far:

I-130 Petition (Mother)

- 10/25/12: I-130 Sent via USPS to Phoenix
- 11/05/12: Confirmation Email Rec'd
- 11/06/12: NOA1 Rec'd ( with a mistake on Preference Classification; it indicates I'm applying for my sibling!)
- 11/13/12: Appointment at USCIS local office in Chatsworth and send a letter for correction
- 01/02/13: Received an Email from officer to send more document
- 01/15/13: NOA2 Rec'd ( with correct information)

and now it is over a month I've not heard anything.
should I be worried or it's normal ?

P.

Hi,

My mother's I-130 is approved on Jan 15th with priority date of Jun 2012. Even after one month we did not receive any communication from the NVC. What do I need to do

Thanks

More detail...

Hi,

My mother's I-130 is approved on Jan 15th with priority date of Jun 2012. Even after one month we did not receive any communication from the NVC. What do I need to do

Thanks

It's great that you got the approval. I'm sure you are going to hear
soon asking AOS.

Do you mind to share more detail on your application?
when did you send your I-130? where?
first NOA?

thank you.

P.

Better to call NVC & ask them :

Customer Service Representatives are available to respond to case inquiries.

Telephone number: (603) 334-0700

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

You must include the following information to receive a case specific response:

Your NVC Case Number or USCIS receipt number
The applicant’s name and date of birth and the petitioner’s name and date of birth
If you are an attorney, include the name of the law office requesting the information

Hi,

Thanks

Changing stream from MBA to Computer Science

Hello Rajeev Sir,

I have a five year F1 visa to enter the US for the Spring 2013 intake to pursue MBA. Unfortunately, I couldn't join the University in Jan 2013. I want to utilize my visa for the Summer 2013 intake by changing my stream from MBA to Computer Science. Is it possible? Can you please also let me know if I can change my university before the first semester? Please reply at the earliest.Thank you.

Regards,
Maggi

Hello,
I'm filing for my parents' GC based on CP process. My parents' files was passed along to GuangZhou a month ago, but we still haven't heard any news about the interview. Does anyone know how long it takes for us to get any contact from GuangZhou? Thank you very much.

Hello guys & gals,

I would like to sponsor GC for my mom, who is currently in US for the past over 2 months. I need to know what forms need to filed wtih her application. Per my understanding I have file these forms

I-130
I-485
I-864
I-693
G-325A

Do all forms need to be submitted together at the time of application or any form needs to be filed at the later stage of the process.

Can I also file a travel document application with this package and do it need to pay any fees if filed along with above forms?

Do I need my moms birth certificate and what form requires that document? We don't have her BC so what are her options?

Appreciate your help here. :)

Thanks,
Soul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello:

I am getting ready to file my mom and dad's I-130 applications and have the following questions:

1. I plan to submit the following: Form G1145, $Check, Form I130, copy of my birth certificate, copy of my Naturalization Certificate, copy of my US passport (all pages) and my parent's Marriage certificate. Note that I being their son have the same last name.. so I am assuming I do not need to submit my marriage certificate. Is that a correct assumption? Also, is there anything I am missing from the above list?

2. Can I send both the Applications in the same envelope or should I send separately to USCIS lock box address?

3. My birth was registered with the municipal corporation in India, 7 years after my birth date? I am sending a copy of the Registration Certificate (showing the names of both my parents). I do not have any other records (i.e. Hospital records, Rashon card etc). Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone been in this situation? If so, what is the way out?

4. My parent’s marriage was registered (with the Local Municipal Corporation) more than 20 years after their marriage. Since I know, in this instance, it might be a problem later in the process, I have two affidavits from relatives. Question is – should I submit the affidavits now with the I 130 or wait until later when I have to submit documents to National Visa Center?

I would appreciate any inputs or help that anyone here can provide.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

1) Only copy of the passport page containing your photo and signature are required. Either passport copy or naturalization certificate copy is needed. Your marriage certificate is not required for I-130.

2) You can send both application in one envelope. Send separate checks.

3) Your birth registration certificate is enough if it has complete legal names of you and both parents.

4) Submit affidavits for your parents' marriage with I-130, also include their marriage certificate.

I am preparing to send I-130 from my parents. In that process, I have to go affidavit route for their marriage certificate. Do we need that affidavit notarized? They will do CP in India. I have got the affidavit template from the post #4 in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am preparing to send I-130 from my parents. In that process, I have to go affidavit route for their marriage certificate. Do we need that affidavit notarized? They will do CP in India. I have got the affidavit template from the post #4 in this thread.
All Affidavits have to be drawn on a non judicial stamp paper and notarized.

I was just not sure as some of the posts in this forum indicated that notarization is not needed. Thanks.

According to Dept of state, affidavits must be executed before an official authorized to take oaths, which in your case will be a notary public in India.

my mom she have visa RB1/RB2 visa i don`t know what i have to write in form I-765 part 16 her visa still not expire i want her to get her green card,Any one can help me PLS?

my mom she have visa RB1/RB2 visa i don`t know what i have to write in form I-765 part 16 her visa still not expire i want her to get her green card,Any one can help me PLS?

Your mom has a regular visitor visa. Is she currently in the US?

Can I [citizen] petition GC for my parents I am currently living outside the USA

Hi,
I am a US Citizen living in the UK [for 4 yrs]
Can I petition my parents for the Green Card?
Thanks for the reply!