February 2009 filers

Guys is there any way to see case status online before receiving the receipts...

I don't think so. Even after the receipts arrive they won't show up for some time. Or not at all. I've heard of people who already received their Advance Parole document in the mail when the AP process still didn't show up in the online case status.

Mine hasn't showed up yet and they received it 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the reply man

One more question i forgot to put the self addressed envelope in my application will that make any difference.

One more question i forgot to put the self addressed envelope in my application will that make any difference.

???

What for? I never knew you're supposed to do that. I don't think I've ever heard about it.
But maybe someone else can enlighten me.

Wish you luck to all of you.

I am a September 2008 filers and I have already received my interview letter on february 09 2009 guys don't panic and be patient. If want to learn from others experiences visit the previews months forums like octuber, september, octubers november so you can learn from their experience. For sure it is going to be fun guys.....

Wish you luck and have fun during the process.

Hi guys, I am an F1 student who just got married to a USC and will hopefully be a february filer too. I would like u guys to shed some light on some things that are not clear to me as i prepare my application;
(1) Do i have to apply for I-130 separately and wait for a visa number or do i send the application together with the other documents(i.e 131,765,485,864 and G325)
(2) Do i send the i-693 together with the package or can i send it in later on.
I would appreciate it if u guys can post an exhaustive list of all the documents that were mailed to the chicago lockbox so i can compare with mine and basically guide myself. Thanks

Wish you luck to all of you.

I am a September 2008 filers and I have already received my interview letter on february 09 2009 guys don't panic and be patient. If want to learn from others experiences visit the previews months forums like octuber, september, octubers november so you can learn from their experience. For sure it is going to be fun guys.....

Wish you luck and have fun during the process.

Thanks. I've been regularly checking other months' filers' experience. Those posted timelines in the signatures have been a great help in estimating what I can expect when.

Hi guys, I am an F1 student who just got married to a USC and will hopefully be a february filer too. I would like u guys to shed some light on some things that are not clear to me as i prepare my application;
(1) Do i have to apply for I-130 separately and wait for a visa number or do i send the application together with the other documents(i.e 131,765,485,864 and G325)
(2) Do i send the i-693 together with the package or can i send it in later on.
I would appreciate it if u guys can post an exhaustive list of all the documents that were mailed to the chicago lockbox so i can compare with mine and basically guide myself. Thanks

I'm not an attorney but here's what I know.

1.) You can file everything concurrently and mail them to the Chicago Lockbox address.
2.) I'm not sure but most people I know did send their I-693 along with the other documents at the same time. If not, then you will receive an RFE and that will delay your case.

You have probably checked the GC Do-it-yourself sticky thread. I checked out a couple of those websites linked in that thread and made sure I had everything they listed. I do have a list of things I sent in in Word format. It would be too long to paste it here :)

Cool! Just stumbled upon this thread in my endless late night googling. Just sent my husbands I-751 in yesterday via priority, so I should be a February filer. lol
Our immigration timeline goes something like this:
Filed I-130 in November 2005
Notice of Action in December 2005
Sent in I-864 and got the receipt but didn't hear from them again until February 2007. Had his immigration interview in Montreal at the Embassy at the end of March 2007. Received the passport with stamp about three days later and here we are filing I-751.
Hopefully this wait will be a bit shorter then our wait for his first interview!

Gababelaz,

The time frame of applicants vary, It is never the same some filers get their INterview Letter or IL before the EAD, But most of the filers get their EAD first. Sometimes The RFE delay the process and it is very difficult to know which step will fallow. But the whole process takes from 6 to 7 months for the maximun. If you can see my whole process will take 7 month exactly, even though others take 4 or 5 month. Most of Octubers filers 2008 got everything is a fast pace, In less than four month some filers even had their Interview Letter, it was an amazing time For Octuber filers2008.

But don't panic guys everything is going to come alone well.

yeah, so far my process seems to be zipping along, especially compared to my EB3 emplyment-based case. That process I started almost 3 years ago with the "help" of an ignorant and lazy attorney who managed to screw up my Labor Certification by filling it wrongly so bad that first it got rejected. I have an approved I-140 since then but priority dates are still so backed up in this category that I'm still nearly 2 years away from my work green card. Fortunately my wife has become a USC in the meantime. So I filed the FB case now. Without an attorney of course. If I get an RFE at least I can blame myself and at least I didn't pay thousands for someone else to screw it up for me. I also filed my wife's N400 without problems. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm a very systematic and meticulous person, hopefully it'll go without a glitch. I have had an EAD since November 2007 based on my other case. I renewed that last October and valid for 2 years. So the EAD is not important to me (still applied for it due to the package price). The AP is important because if I find good airfare deals in May I may go visit my family in Hungary. Haven't been "home" for a year and a half. But that's also dependent on the Interview Letter and interview date of course.

So things are moving in a nice pace and I'm not worried, everything seems to be on schedule so far. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I-131 Question

gabebalazas: I have some questions on I-131 form.
Part 7, Q1 : How many trips do u intend to use this document? one Trip or more than one trip
Part 3 , Q1: date of intended departure Q2: Expected lenght of Trip ?

Punjabi1

yeah, so far my process seems to be zipping along, especially compared to my EB3 emplyment-based case. That process I started almost 3 years ago with the "help" of an ignorant and lazy attorney who managed to screw up my Labor Certification by filling it wrongly so bad that first it got rejected. I have an approved I-140 since then but priority dates are still so backed up in this category that I'm still nearly 2 years away from my work green card. Fortunately my wife has become a USC in the meantime. So I filed the FB case now. Without an attorney of course. If I get an RFE at least I can blame myself and at least I didn't pay thousands for someone else to screw it up for me. I also filed my wife's N400 without problems. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm a very systematic and meticulous person, hopefully it'll go without a glitch. I have had an EAD since November 2007 based on my other case. I renewed that last October and valid for 2 years. So the EAD is not important to me (still applied for it due to the package price). The AP is important because if I find good airfare deals in May I may go visit my family in Hungary. Haven't been "home" for a year and a half. But that's also dependent on the Interview Letter and interview date of course.

So things are moving in a nice pace and I'm not worried, everything seems to be on schedule so far. :)

Q1: I checked multiple trip (more than one). I had AP in the past for a different case, at that time my ex-lawyer filled it out that way and it worked.

Q2: If you know when you're travelling, enter date and length (self-explanatory). If you don't know, then indicate so, such as "to be determined" or "no immediate plan" for both departure date and expected length of trip.

guys i have sent my application on 02/09 and they received them on 02/11 but haven't cashed the checks yet any comments...

Question on I-864EZ

gabebalazs: Thanks for answering my questions. You are really a great help

I am gonna file I-864Z Bcoz my wife going to be my sole sponsor. In supporting documents of I-864EZ, USCIS asking for Past 3 years tax returns of the sponsor. but for the last two years me and my wife are jointly filing tax returns. so my name is also there on the Tax returns. Do you think is it ok ??
i am also going to submit 6 recent paystubs of my wife.

Punjabi1

Q1: I checked multiple trip (more than one). I had AP in the past for a different case, at that time my ex-lawyer filled it out that way and it worked.

Q2: If you know when you're travelling, enter date and length (self-explanatory). If you don't know, then indicate so, such as "to be determined" or "no immediate plan" for both departure date and expected length of trip.

I am gonna file I-864Z Bcoz my wife going to be my sole sponsor. In supporting documents of I-864EZ, USCIS asking for Past 3 years tax returns of the sponsor. but for the last two years me and my wife are jointly filing tax returns. so my name is also there on the Tax returns. Do you think is it ok ??
i am also going to submit 6 recent paystubs of my wife.

As far as I know that's OK. That's how our tax returns are. BUT make sure that you clearly prove your wife's income portion of the joint return by including HER W2 forms (or copies) and explain the situation briefly. That's what I did. My wife's income the most recent tax year was 32K so she was way above the poverty limit and we did not have to add my income as a joint sponsor.
We also included a notarized letter from her employer that she is employed in good standing and what her current salary is. Also, her new 2008 tax year W2 had also been issued by the time we filed, so I made a copy of that too and included it even though we have not filed our 2008 year taxes yet. And yes, we too included a few recent paystubs of hers.

I did a lot research on this before I filed. Still, please do more research on that just to confirm this. Like I always say, I'm not an immigration attorney.

guys i sent my application on 02/09 and they received it on 02/11 but still haven't cashed the checks any comments on it..please