February 2009 filers

gabebalazs

Registered Users (C)
Did a search and didn't find a Feb 2009 filers topic. So here it is.

I sent in my I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765 package on January 30th, and they received it on February 1st. So I consider myself a February filer :)

Not a big crowd here so far... :)

Received NOA Receipt Notices for all 4 (130, 485, 131, 765) on February 9.

Just filed everything today at the local immigration offices. An attorney double checks all paperwork which is why I went this way. It will be sent out on Friday they said. All the documents were sent to the Chicago address for processing. Do you check processing times at uscis.gov with the chicago field office then?

All 4 of my receipt notices have MSC receipt numbers, which indicates the National Benefits Center. So that's where I check processing times, both the 131 and 765 is listed as 3 months.

Based on my research looking at timelines of fellow Immigration forum members, I've concluded that Advance Parole takes somewhere between 65-80 days until you get it in the mail on average. But I've seen cases where it was 50 days!
EAD card is similar timeframe. (I do have another EAD already because I also have a pending employment based Adjustment of Status too.)

I just tried to check the progress of my processes, but they don't show up yet at the case status online page.

All 4 of my receipt notices have MSC receipt numbers, which indicates the National Benefits Center. So that's where I check processing times, both the 131 and 765 is listed as 3 months.

Based on my research looking at timelines of fellow Immigration forum members, I've concluded that Advance Parole takes somewhere between 65-80 days until you get it in the mail on average. But I've seen cases where it was 50 days!
EAD card is similar timeframe. (I do have another EAD already because I also have a pending employment based Adjustment of Status too.)

I just tried to check the progress of my processes, but they don't show up yet at the case status online page.

thanks. when checking on the status of the green card though, ie the 485, do you check the local centers? We are hoping to get the GC in the mail in 6-7 mos for federal school loan purposes

I'm not sure. The interview is at your local office.
6-7 months is reasonable but never a sure thing. I also hope to get mine around my birthday :) (August 14)

Today I received the Biometrics (Fingerprinting) Appointment Notice.
FP date 2/27
Things seem to be moving quick. So much faster than my employment-based GC. Those visa dates have not moved in the last 4 months...

heres what I have for my Dad.

- I-130, I485 mailed to Chicago lock box: Feb 7, 2009
- package received and signed for: Feb 10, 2009
- checks cashed - Feb 13, 2009

Joining Thread

gabebalazas:: while preparing my I-130 Application, I have folowing Question.
Question 20: your Relative in united states and will apply for adjustment of status to lawful permanent Resident at USCIS office in ____city_____state_.
I dont know what to put here. We live in new jersey and Newark D/O is our local office.

Question 10 : Alien Registration Number. I dont know what is this. I was on Student visa before and now i am on work permit visa. Is it ok to leave it blank????

00/00/9- Application sent (I-130, I-485/I-864EZ/I-693, I-765 and I-131)
00/00/9 - Application recd. (FedEx Ground)
00/00/9 - Checks cashed
00/00/9 - Got NOA's for all forms filed
00/00/9 - Got Biometrics Notification
00/00/9 - Cases showed up online
00/00/9 - Biometrics Appointment
00/00/9 - Got advance parole docs
00/00/9 - Got EAD
00/00/9 - Got IL
00/00/9 - Interview- approved!

Punjabi1

Today I received the Biometrics (Fingerprinting) Appointment Notice.
FP date 2/27
Things seem to be moving quick. So much faster than my employment-based GC. Those visa dates have not moved in the last 4 months...

filed for papers

02/09- Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago lockbox
02/11- Papers Received (USPS priority mail)
02/19- Checks Cashed
02/23- NOA received
02/25- FP notice received for 03/13
03/13- F.P Done
05/07- IL received for 06/25
05/15- LUD on i765 EAD card Mailed
05/21- EAD card received
06/25- Interview

Last edited by a moderator:
1. In I-130, To establish Relationship between you and your USC spouse, what documents did you submit beside Marraige certificate?
2. I am on H1b right now, so where should i find Alien registration Number( A#)?. Is that ok to put None there ?
3. Do you have any format for third party Affadavit of Marraige.
4. My USC spouse going to be my sole sponser. her income is much higher than Poverty line. So should we file I-864 EZ ?

thanks
Punjabi1

yes what is it..

Q1: Besides the marriage certificate we submitted: photos for the last 6 years including wedding pictures with both sets of parents and relatives present; joint bank account documents, joint car insurance documents, joint equity line documents/bills, recent overseas flight itinerary with both of our names, Driver licenses with our address, etc.

Q2: If you have an A# it is listed on your H1B card. That's the card that comes as the bottom part of the H1B approval I-797 Notice of Action.

Q3: N/A in our case.

Q4: If you can answer YES to all 3 questions on the first page of the 864EZ then yes, you can file the EZ.

As for the earlier question regarding the USCIS office, based on my research that's kind of an obsolete question, but I did put "Cleveland, OH" there because that's my local office we belong to.

I'm not a lawyer, this is based on my personal experience.

lost last EAD card - I-765

gabebalaza:: i got EAD card when i was on student visa. Now i am not able to find them. Looks like i lost it somewhere. but i do able to find front copy of the last EAD card. but only front but Not the Back of the last EAD.
what should i do? should i just submit front copy of the EAD with I -765 ??

Punjabi1

Q1: Besides the marriage certificate we submitted: photos for the last 6 years including wedding pictures with both sets of parents and relatives present; joint bank account documents, joint car insurance documents, joint equity line documents/bills, recent overseas flight itinerary with both of our names, Driver licenses with our address, etc.

Q2: If you have an A# it is listed on your H1B card. That's the card that comes as the bottom part of the H1B approval I-797 Notice of Action.

Q3: N/A in our case.

Q4: If you can answer YES to all 3 questions on the first page of the 864EZ then yes, you can file the EZ.

As for the earlier question regarding the USCIS office, based on my research that's kind of an obsolete question, but I did put "Cleveland, OH" there because that's my local office we belong to.

I'm not a lawyer, this is based on my personal experience.

Again, I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know the answer, but I would submit whatever I have, even if it's only the front of the EAD card.

Now, the H1B "card" I mentioned, is not really a card. It's just the bottom part of the I-797 Notice of Action that you received when they approved your H1B. It consists of two parts, one that you can drop off at the airport when you leave the country (like an I-94), the other part is what you keep with you.
That bottom part is what you're supposed to have. That has your A#, IF you have any.

But ask around, research more because everybody's situation is unique, I may not know the exact answer you're looking for.