2/17/07 – Recd NOA I131
2/24/07 – Recd Biometrics for 3/14/07
2/24/07 – LUD I131
3/06/07 - Recd Transfer Notice to CSC for I485/I130
3/12/07 – I485 and I130 - LUD
3/20/07 – I485 pending at CSC where it transferred / LUD
3/21/07 – LUD I485, I130
3/22/07 - LUD I130
3/23/07 – I130 LUD Approval sent (approved on 3/22/07)
3/26/07 – I485 LUD Card Production Ordered on 3/26/07

gambate...

..congrats !
so no interview required for parents ? Are they here on B1 ? Could upls tell me when you filed for their AOS?

Thanks KKboy. No interview, no RFE. My dad was on B1 and i filed his I-130 and 485 (AOS) at the same time on Feb 5th via USPS.

FP/Bio done

I just got back from my FP/Bio appointment. It was surprisingly fast and painless. All the officers were very nice, which came as a shock to me as I'm used to the people working at the US Embassy in my home country being very mean and abusive.

The appointment was at 8:00am. We got there around 7:30. There was already a small line of people waiting outside. About 8:00, an officer came out and told everybody to take their cell phones and other electronics back to their cars and to take out notices and IDs. Then, he let us in, so we could be checked by another officer inside. A quick look at the notice, passport, and fingertips; instructions on how to fill out the short form I was given; a short conversation with a clerk who helped me to fill out blanks on the form (things I wasn't sure about); fingerprints, signature, and picture taken (concurrently with a pleasant chit-chat with the nice "fingerprint lady" about why they don't use ink anymore); stamped receipt in hand; short customer satisfaction survey filled out; and we were out of there before 8:20... :)

I wish the entire process was so nice and easy...

My wife is expecting GC (Interview March 3 2007 - Des Moines). No Passport Stamp. Officer finished interview with no closing comments. After asking for the status, the interview officer told us GC is approved and we will get within 2-3 weeks.

EAD received last week. Status changed online (LUD) for I765 (EAD).
No status change online for I-485.

Missouri Service Center (MSC)

Filed I-485 and I-765 US Citizen spouse
Priority Date Dec 28 2006
Receipt Notce 1/2/2007
Biometric Notice 1/4/2007
Biometric 1/19/2007
I485 Initial Interview notice 1/17/2007
Interview 3/6/2007. No Stamp.

I765 EAD
3/16/2007 card ordered
3/22/2007 approval notice sent
3/23/2007 EAD received

This is the fastest we have seen of any of her application move. I-130, K3 Visa took 6 mon. - 1 year.

The question is should we go get the passport stamped to get the I-485 status change or do we just wait for the Green Card??? I read in this forum that I have to have GC approval notice (paper copy) before stamping??? Pl. advise.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update see signature

I received my EAD on 03/26/2007.

I just got back from the Social Security Office where I applied for a Social Security Card. The lady there was very helpful, she said in the past it would take 4-6 weeks for USCIS to verify your records but since they do it electronically now she will probably hear from them next week. I hope I receive it soon I have a few job interviews scheduled next week.

I was looking for other feb filers - but noone has posted here for a while. Maybe you all got your gcs?

I am trying to figure out whether to file for a new H1B or to wait for my EAD because my job is changing. Anyone know which will come first? Also, anyone know if you get a stamp in your passport that allows you to work at the interview?

Thanks!

Filed MSC/NBC 02/23/2007
ND 02/26/2007
Biometrics appt 03/27/2007
Initial (?) interview in Buffalo 05/03/2007

OK, so I made a mistake about noone posting for a while (can't read obviously). ttinatl - we have the same dates - I got a notice for my interview (Buffalo DO) - maybe yours will come soon!

ttinatl - we have the same dates - I got a notice for my interview (Buffalo DO) - maybe yours will come soon!

Hey rogio52!

I sure hope so! I need to travel to Canada in July. Having my GC by then (or at least a stamp in my passport) would make it so much easier. Otherwise, I'll have to apply for a Canadian visa. :(

So far, the process has been moving pretty fast, so I'm hopeful. I don't want to speak too soon, though...

Good luck with your whole process!!!

I'm new here

I'm new here in this thread. My husband just got his citizenship recently and I filed my I765 and I485 on 3/16/07.

My attorney got two receipt notice on 3/28 while so far I only got one receipt notice which is for I485. I need to wait a few days longer or call the service center asking for a copy for I765?

On the receipt notice, it said you'll have to bring this notice together with the photo id to take finger prints. Is that true? If that's the case, I'll have to ask them to send me a copy for the I765 receipt notice.

I understand there'll be two figure prints, one for I485 and the other for I765. Can I do both at the same time?

Thanks a bunch!

hi everyone...... i got done my FP yesterday only took 12 minutes, we were 3 guys in total por the FP......

Got my wife's interview appointment notice today. I'm excited that the process moved along quickly despite the RFE.

I485, I130, I765

Apps Mailed to USCIS 02/13/2007
Recieved by USCIS 02/20/2007
FP Appointment 03/09/2007
RFE Mailed to USCIS 03/13/2007
RFE Received by USCIS 03/16/2007
Appt Notice Date 03/26/2007
Appt Date 05/16/2007

Last Updates on website as of March 31, 2007
I485 03/19/2007
I130 03/01/2007
I765 03/13/2007

Interesting that there was no update posted to the account, despite the Appointment Interview Notice Date of March 26, 2007.

Any updates anyone? I'm still waiting for my EAD and interview letter... No news so far...

Thanks ttinatl

Hey rogio52!

I sure hope so! I need to travel to Canada in July. Having my GC by then (or at least a stamp in my passport) would make it so much easier. Otherwise, I'll have to apply for a Canadian visa. :(

So far, the process has been moving pretty fast, so I'm hopeful. I don't want to speak too soon, though...

Good luck with your whole process!!!

Thanks ttinatl!

I'm supposed to go to Canada at the end of this month but I should be able to do that with my H1B - problem is I want to quit my job but I can't until my new H1B or my EAD comes through otherwise I might get stuck. :mad:

I can't wait until I get my gc - feels like my life has revolved around one visa or another for the last 7 years....

Good luck to you too

Rogio52

I understand there'll be two figure prints, one for I485 and the other for I765. Can I do both at the same time?

Thanks a bunch!

On my fp notice it said I485/I765 so I presume that the same fingerprints count for both

I can't wait until I get my gc - feels like my life has revolved around one visa or another for the last 7 years....

Hahaha! Same here! Also about 7 years... :)

So much has changed during that time, but the "visa business" has always been there. ;) I've been a student; I've been a worker; met my future wife, fell in love, got married... All with the USCIS "supervision"...

Well, I have my H1B stamp in my passport, so I don't have a problem returning to the US. The thing is that, if I don't have a GC, I need a visa to get to Canada. Oh well, I guess I can always apply for it, but it's just a hassle. I'll have to go to Washington D.C. to do it, as I don't want to risk sending my passport via mail to the Canadian embassy, while my AOS application is pending.