February 2007 Filing Thread

OK, I'm kind of blown away...

I just got my FP/Bio notice (for 3/27). I didn't expect it to go so fast at all! The funny thing is that when we called the 1-800 number we were told that if I applied for the EAD, the fingerprinting would be much faster than if I didn't.

Probably he meant that the appointment would have been scheduled earlier than it actually was. For example, instead of 3/27 probably 3/17 or something like thatt.

But overall, you're doing good in timings.

My process took 120 days from initial receipts, but I had an address change (miami to atlanta) and this may have delayed the process 2-3 months.

Probably he meant that the appointment would have been scheduled earlier than it actually was. For example, instead of 3/27 probably 3/17 or something like thatt.

But overall, you're doing good in timings.

My process took 120 days from initial receipts, but I had an address change (miami to atlanta) and this may have delayed the process 2-3 months.

Yeah, you're probably right. :D Still, I didn't expect it to go this fast...

I'll have to move at some point and I'm already dreading the very thought. :( Hopefully, I'll be done with the AOS process by then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So, you're in Atlanta, too? Cool! :D Oh, yeah... Now I remember reading your post about your experiences. I'm sorry you had to go through all that stuff, but congratulations on finishing it successfully!

I-485, I-765 filed on 02/09/07
MSC NC for both 2/14/07
Biometrics NC received 2/23/07
Biometrics appointment 3/9/07
REF on 485 sent on 2/27/07, received 03/17/07 due to attorney's office move

REF (Request for Initial Evidence) is for 864 affridavit of support. My father (petitioner) is a sponsor and he's income is more than the guideline (125% above poverty line). REF asks me to send proofs of income (letter of employment, current employers, nature of jobs, wages and salary etc). My father is self employed. My attorney sent w2 and 2005 tax return.

In response to this REF, I am preparing a joint sponsor from my boyfriend.

Can anybody tell me if I am doing the right thing? My attorney certainly didn't do a good job nor has she given me correct info.

I filed my package on 01/30/07 and had my finger done on 03/09/07.
02/20/07 I had a RFE but replied very shortly and uscis updated said they received my response on 03/02/07. But I saw the LUD was 03/09/07 again and the description was the same as 03/02/07, they just changed the LUD date witht same description from the 2nd to the 9th for I485. No LUD for 765.
Does it sound normal?
Thanks.

Got Email From Cris..tensed

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On March 17, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Anyone got something like this?

update

another update on my timeline.

DO: Saint Paul, MN

2.20.07 package sent to chicago lockbox
2.23.07 receipt date
3.01.07 checks cashed
3.09.07 fingerprint notice received
3.23.07 fingerprint day (coming soon)
3.19.07 notice for interview received
4.27.2007 interview day.

overall, very pleased with the timeline so far. best wishes to everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

2.23.07 receipt date
3.01.07 checks cashed
4.27.2007 interview day.

So have you started to put together the files you are going to bring?

2.23.07 receipt date
3.01.07 checks cashed
4.27.2007 interview day.

Wow, how come they send you interview notice without even receiving your FP result? Yours is the fatest. I sent out my package on 01/30/07 and still pending now. :(

Update on my case I received 3 emails today:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 20, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I'm so happy right now:)

I've waited a long time, now I can start looking for a job. I guess the interview letter is next.

Update on my case I received 3 emails today:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 20, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Wow that was fast! I hope everyone's goes that quickly :)

Ead

Hi I am new to this site. So if make a mistake I aplogize. Anyway here is the situation. My husband applied for his renewal EAD on Dec 27, 2007 and as of yet we haven't received it. Tha same message is on the 800 # when I call. As of Dec 27 we received your blah blah blah. I'm sure you guys know the message. His card expired in Feb so now he's out of a job. On the website it states after 90 days you can go to your local office and receive the interim card which is bull from what our lawyer says. They stop the card in Oct 2006. What the heck can we do? His employer says they will keep on the books for 1 more week and then let him go offically. I know it will be a waste of time on the 91st day to go to the office. What are we suppose to do? We are going to be w/o health insurance and what are we suppose to do with our bills? They do not care when u ask them these questions. By the way we had his AOS interview on Jan 23,2007 in Garden City, NY and yet to receive a welcome letter even though Officer Metaxas verbally approved him. I called her today and she is so nasty and said she can't and will not help me. Please any suggestions will be helpful. I AM VERY STRESSED OUT and losing sleep.

You guys are lucky! My timeline is in my signature. I need my EAD ASAP! Yet there's no LUDs whatsoever! Come on, USCIS, you can do it!

Wow, how come they send you interview notice without even receiving your FP result? Yours is the fatest. I sent out my package on 01/30/07 and still pending now. :(

No idea... maybe the District Office? Not many people getting married over the winter months here in the northern midwest.

I should point out that i did use an attorney.

How do u know the LUD?

see below:

Hi guys..
I have also applied for my spouse's GC. Just wondering how you guys are knowing whether your case has been updated or not. That is the LUD. Do we have to create an account for that so that whenever there is an update, an email will be sent?? Please advise..

Thanks
stbg