• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EUROPEAN SELECTEES! Meet here!!

Anyone else from Hungary?

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hi, as one of the very lucky selectees from Europe. ;)
I wonder anyone else from Hungary here?

Guys, as I know from my country's american embassy for two people needs to show 14 000 dollarat the interview!!!
So 5 000 very poor...just think how much money a car, a motel or hotel after a rent without credit history etc.
Jucee, I realise you are from Hungary too : do you have a link for that information? Or did you acquire through telephone?
We are looking at getting a visa for four of our family, so 14k+ dollars seems like a stellar amount for 2 (does that mean 28k for 4 people??? BRRRRR!!!).
Would be nice to have a confirmation of this. Are we notified about this beforehand? Otherwise it's really hard to prove it on the spot, not being prepared, even if we had the amount. :p

Hey everyone,

Jucee, I realise you are from Hungary too : do you have a link for that information? Or did you acquire through telephone?
We are looking at getting a visa for four of our family, so 14k+ dollars seems like a stellar amount for 2 (does that mean 28k for 4 people??? BRRRRR!!!).
Would be nice to have a confirmation of this. Are we notified about this beforehand? Otherwise it's really hard to prove it on the spot, not being prepared, even if we had the amount. :p

Answered privately:)

I am from Poland and know couple of people who had their interviews already. None of them were asked about affidavit of support or even about the bank statement.
I don't really believe there is a specific amount of money which a winner should have. It all depends on your education, skills.. and other factors like place were to stay, letter from future employer etc.

Btw, my CN is less than 15000.

Hard to find a job without GC on hands... what employer wants to have you? Unless you are very special

Well december bulletin comes to show that they are not intrested in picking up pace... Kinda expected this. But still not nice even though doesnt come as a surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

Hi hzss12,
I`m from Hungary too. I felt lucky when I found out i`ve been selected, but now getting worried...Nothing seems to be happening. So I`m glad for finding this forum and people with concerns just like me.

I am a hungarian too....

Hi hzss12,
I`m from Hungary too. I felt lucky when I found out i`ve been selected, but now getting worried...Nothing seems to be happening. So I`m glad for finding this forum and people with concerns just like me.

Hi Zsofeeb!

I am from Budapest, Hungary too:):):
Now we are 3 from our little country, great!
What is your case number, high or what is the matter, why are you worried.
My husband and me are disappointed about the cut-off numbers, so slow in this year for the Europians.
What do you think?

Hi hzss12,
hi zsofeeb,
don't worry, unless you have a really high CN (30k+) and meet the visa requirements, you should be fine. All you need to do is follow the visa bulletin, and when your number comes, be ready to collect all the documents.
Until that, read the forums, and be as informed as possible, that is what I do too.
It is a slow process, as they cannot interview 50 000 people in one month, they need the whole year for that.

Thanks. I sent the embassy an e-mail last night to get to know about the specifics of this. As soon as I know more, I'll let you know.
Got the answer, but nothing specific :(

Sorry for the Google translation, you get the gist :

"Dear Sir,
In the interview, the consul looks at the big picture. Maybe you have a profession that has a short time after the arrival of a job you can think of, but what if it is a job which can last for months. This will be the Consul will discuss during the interview.
As mentioned looking at the big picture, but obviously it does not take into account statements is that per capita savings are only a few thousand forints."

Nothing concrete.

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, but I've been reading the forum for a while...

Congrats to all the lucky winners! I'm from Europe as well, but I've been living in the US for 9 years now. Let me know if you have questions. Love to help.

One quick advice: if you come here, make sure you have a contact, somebody that can help you at the beginning. Your adjustment will be very different if you do.

nobody will give you the perfect amount. obviously the more the better. but the truth is YOU have to prove that the amount of money you have is enough to start your new life. you can have 3000 $ or 15000 $. but when you talk to consular officer you are the one responsible for showing you wont be a public charge. if you have nobody in the states, no place where to stay (and need to rent a room in a hostel/hotel), you have no job and basically you are by yourself there (excluding family accompanying you) you need a lot. but if there is somebody who is willing to help you at the beginning (giving you a room in his/her place), who can help you find a job etc. - you need less.

Hi Hzss12 and Juicee,

I`m originally from Pakozd (Szekesfehervar), but live in England with my husband. We both are waiting for the miracle, ha-ha.
Actually I can`t really tell anything about the cut-off numbers, only found out yesterday what that is about:) I have a bit of concern about my number which is above 19k. I really hope we gonna fit in the limit!
I`m very glad for finding this forum and more info. I had high expectations, but had to realize it is a slow process and takes ages.
I would read more success-stories from people who has already been through everything how the process goes. I mean from the beginning to getting their GC: sending their forms to KCC and then got confirmed, and how was the medication examination - what happened, how long the interview takes for and what they were asked about, etc. So if you know, or anybody else in this forum knows others, who has already received their GC, please persuade them to write down every little detail.
Thanks