• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EUROPEAN SELECTEES! Meet here!!

I noticed that insuarance in US is much higher than UK both health (you can get private in UK too) and car ... Internet is also higher its about 20 dollars for unlimited here with highest available speed... Phones 100 dollars wow... I`ve got Iphone 4s 64 gb when it came out on 3000 minute 3000 text plan + completely unlimited internet (cap is aparrently 100gb a month, never get there) I pay 60 dollars a month and put in a sum of about 300 dollars for the phone when bought it. If you are not a big talker in Uk, 600 minutes, unlim internet, 500 text would set you back around 25 dollars on sim only.

90k for 1 person is a big salary, I was talking about 2 people earning it.

But I guess higher salary, much cheaper gas and cheaper property prices do make up for it.

Canada is expensive as far as car insurance is concerned.I paid cad $ 500/month when I was newcomer in Canada(It really sucks).

I noticed that insuarance in US is much higher than UK both health (you can get private in UK too) and car ... Internet is also higher its about 20 dollars for unlimited here with highest available speed... Phones 100 dollars wow... I`ve got Iphone 4s 64 gb when it came out on 3000 minute 3000 text plan + completely unlimited internet (cap is aparrently 100gb a month, never get there) I pay 60 dollars a month and put in a sum of about 300 dollars for the phone when bought it. If you are not a big talker in Uk, 600 minutes, unlim internet, 500 text would set you back around 25 dollars on sim only.

90k for 1 person is a big salary, I was talking about 2 people earning it.

But I guess higher salary, much cheaper gas and cheaper property prices do make up for it.

Remember these were the prices in Baltimore area. I lived in North Carolina where I found internet for $35 but it was not the fastest speed. I had a 3000 minute/month cell phone plan at one point and that cost me over $30 with the cheapest company. I guess it is a bit more expensive. But you also make more to make up for it.

Canada is expensive as far as car insurance is concerned.I paid cad $ 500/month when I was newcomer in Canada(It really sucks).

I am guessing you were living in Ontario. This is the province where EVERYTHING is expensive especially when it comes to cars. I have been in Canada for 2 years and I am still paying $185 per month for a third-party insurance. Like my car is stolen or burn, I won't get a cent! If I wanted a full coverage, it would have been $250 per month.

Plus for more than a year, I paid $270 for a third-party. I was living in Toronto and it was extremely expensive. Now I am living close to the city and it's less expensive.

In Québec, BC or whatever it's far less expensive.

Also, for a 2bdr here, you pay $2300 downtown. $1900 if you are living where I live. (45min away from downtown with the subway)

Police checks

Hi Everyone

I'm very happy to have been selected for further processing EU - 11k

I'm awaiting 2NL

I live in the UK

I lived in Australia for 9months as an adult a few years ago
And my fiancé lived there for 14 months

I tried finding out about police checks for Australia

It seems to suggest we need to attend a police station for finger prints!

Does anyone know if this is necessary or how to avoid this?

Thank you for your time and hopefully you can help!

Change of address

I'm new to this Forum, I hope this the right place to put this.

In the DS-230 application form I put my "friend's" address as my permanent address in the US. I can't use her address anymore and I have to change it to new one. Because my interview date is really close (in the beginning of December, in UK) do I really have to send a new DS-230 form to KCC just to change that address? Can I do it after the interview in the USA? She wasn't my sponsor, I have enough money to support myself. If I change the address now, it might delay my interview to next year, right?

Thank you!

If I can change it in the interview even better. I was reading somewhere in this Forum that you can even change it at your POE.

I'm new to this Forum, I hope this the right place to put this.

In the DS-230 application form I put my "friend's" address as my permanent address in the US. I can't use her address anymore and I have to change it to new one. Because my interview date is really close (in the beginning of December, in UK) do I really have to send a new DS-230 form to KCC just to change that address? Can I do it after the interview in the USA? She wasn't my sponsor, I have enough money to support myself. If I change the address now, it might delay my interview to next year, right?

You really do not have to worry, you can change your adress during the interview, and after when your arrive to USA:) So have many options for you, it is your choice when you change it.

Best of luck:)

Hi everybody I have gather almost all documents including police records from two countries I lived. My question is: do I have any risk to have the police record expired, seeing the speed of cut off numbers my interview may be in may or june. In guide for selected I read that the documents must be not far than one year. But in this forum I read about the '' police record expired ''. Does somebody know for sure how the things are. Thank you.

Hi everybody I have gather almost all documents including police records from two countries I lived. My question is: do I have any risk to have the police record expired, seeing the speed of cut off numbers my interview may be in may or june. In guide for selected I read that the documents must be not far than one year. But in this forum I read about the '' police record expired ''. Does somebody know for sure how the things are. Thank you.

I`d say your interview would be in April/May.

Just wanted to say hi. I'm from Europe too. Selected Oct. 22nd CN 29 7**. I'm glad i found this forum to read people's opinions and knowledge. I would also like to know what u think about the question where they ask if we were denied entry at a POE? i said 'no' cause i wasn't denied at the POE cause i didn't even get to USA but they denied me at the airport and refused getting me on the plane to NY after receiving a letter from DHS about me and sent me back in the US embassy to check the matter and two weeks later i did go again and this time there was no problem. They let me in at the POE so i really didn't know what to answer. This was last year. i don't mind if they ask me questions about that or find that out but i'm scared that they might think I lie or something by answering 'no' to that question. what u think? can a person be told they are disqualified, denied or something before getting a chance for an interview if they notice a problem? like maybe mine?:confused:

Dv lottery selection in ireland!!!

I was selected in the 2013 lottery in rep of ireland.
heres what happened me,and if it helps anyone,then great!!! oct 2011=submitted entry
may 12-2012,checked website with confirmation code and saw i was selected for further processing.
may 20-downloaded forms,got 2 photos and sent them to kcc.
oct 3-received email stating interview date in dublin for dec 3rd.
nov =got police certificate,leaving cert results,and done medical.
dec 3,attented embassy.paid 330 dollars for visa.handed in forms.
everything was right,and visa will b posted to my house in jan 2013.
i have till sep 30 to enter usa.

thats my story,thats how long it all took.
if anyones wondering the procedure for rep of ireland,this is it from the horses mouth.
best of luck to all involved.
darren.

Hi guys!
I had the interview yesterday and it was succesful!
It was in London embassy, so Iam happy to help or give feedback to anyone.
Basically they asked us about our educational background, what do we do for leaving, for how long have we been married (we married after beeing selected but have been together for over 3 years). Also asked us what would be doing in the states, if we knew anyone that can give us a job, and how much money we were thinking on transfering to the US.
That's pretty much it! it only took 12-15 min.

---

DV2013EU00010xxx
Entry Checked:May 1,2012
Forms sent to KCC:June 18th,2012(via FedEx)
Forms received by KCC:June 19th,2012
Confirmed by KCC by phone
2nd NL: Nov 15th
Police C.O.G.C : Done
Medicals: December 19th
Interview: Jan 16th - SUCCESSFUL!!
Entry to US: not yet

Congratulations!

Hi guys!
I had the interview yesterday and it was succesful!
It was in London embassy, so Iam happy to help or give feedback to anyone.
Basically they asked us about our educational background, what do we do for leaving, for how long have we been married (we married after beeing selected but have been together for over 3 years). Also asked us what would be doing in the states, if we knew anyone that can give us a job, and how much money we were thinking on transfering to the US.
That's pretty much it! it only took 12-15 min.

Il_fedess, congratulations!
I am going to US Embassy in London for interview on 30th Jan. I am EU10***.
Have you been asked for affidavit of support? Have you provided one?
Have you shown bank balances? I guess that what they want asking about transfering monet to the US.
Any hints/tips? :)

Hi Il_fedess,
congrats for your successful interview.

You were asked about working and money you are taking with you. Can I ask what was your answer? I mean have you already got a job or do you know anybody that can give you a job? And of course you dont have to tell us, but how much money did you say you are transferring to US? Did you have to show a bank statement or anything else? These are practical answers only that could help us. I`m very excited, and I want this so badly, and try to prepare myself. My number is a little bit over 19K, so still waiting, but hopefully I`ll have my interview around May.

Thanks for your answers.
And if anybody else can answer these I`d be happy to read them!

Lets share dv interview experience

+Den, I wish you best of luck in your interview next fri. And also pls share your interview experience after your success.
Il_fedess, congratulations!
I am going to US Embassy in London for interview on 30th Jan. I am EU10***.
Have you been asked for affidavit of support? Have you provided one?
Have you shown bank balances? I guess that what they want asking about transfering monet to the US.
Any hints/tips? :)

Hi Il_fedess,
congrats for your successful interview.

You were asked about working and money you are taking with you. Can I ask what was your answer? I mean have you already got a job or do you know anybody that can give you a job? And of course you dont have to tell us, but how much money did you say you are transferring to US? Did you have to show a bank statement or anything else? These are practical answers only that could help us. I`m very excited, and I want this so badly, and try to prepare myself. My number is a little bit over 19K, so still waiting, but hopefully I`ll have my interview around May.

Thanks for your answers.
And if anybody else can answer these I`d be happy to read them!

Hi all,

I did present bank statements. We showed around 50K and I saw that they wrote "Substantial finance evidence".
I don’t have a job yet, but since I lived in Miami before I told him that I was applying already and that I know people that will help me getting a job. This explanation was sufficient enough for him.
I had prepare the bonafid support in case they asked but they didn’t. Remember, do not try to give them papers that they don’t ask you for.
It went very smoothly and last around 12-15min.
My advice would be to prepare and translate all kind of papers you think they may ask. You know if you have a weak point, so try to prepare a much evidence as possible.

Not sure If i missed any answers

Thanks

Thanks!

Il_fedess, thanks a lot!
Your answers are very inspiring :)
I was much concerned that US Embassy in London pushed to have an affidavit of support or bank balance around 5 years of 125% poverty line (which is 94k$ or 61k£ for family of 2).
As I see common sense is winning :)

Special thanks for advice - keep "mouth shut" and hold your papers :)

Goldenfish, thanks! My interview tomorrow :) this Wed.
I will share my experience.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
DV2013EU00010xxx, Russia
2nd NL: 2012/11/15
Medicals: 2013/01/04
Interview: 2013/01/30 in London - scheduled

Last edited by a moderator: