• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EU Visas Running out - processing on hold

Eucn

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

well I have not just had our interview EU38xxx. Everything went well and all documents were approved. However at the end of the process, the lady said that although our case is approved, she is unable to issue a visa. The reason being that the category has been in high demand and they have put a hold on all issuance. It was not clear to me if this was only EU or world wide.

She then handed our passports back and informed us that they would contact us as soon as they hear from the US, whether there are any more visas available to distribute to us. We then were placed on administrative processing with a note stating " Additional processing - waiting for visa allocation ".

Well thats bad news,,,so I guess that it is really coming to and end and I would not be surprised if the next VB is a regression.

Hi all,

well I have not just had our interview EU38xxx. Everything went well and all documents were approved. However at the end of the process, the lady said that although our case is approved, she is unable to issue a visa. The reason being that the category has been in high demand and they have put a hold on all issuance. It was not clear to me if this was only EU or world wide.

She then handed our passports back and informed us that they would contact us as soon as they hear from the US, whether there are any more visas available to distribute to us. We then were placed on administrative processing with a note stating " Additional processing - waiting for visa allocation ".

Well thats bad news,,,so I guess that it is really coming to and end and I would not be surprised if the next VB is a regression.
Just saw your post under this thread, answering the question about passport return after interview - that's a pity! Presumably we will know in a few hours whether it is a EU wide issue, in which case all interviews as of today would receive the same response (Administrative Processing due to pending visa allocation & passport return). Best!

which consulate was you have been interviewed? yestersay they could issue the visas in Turkey at Ankara where is in EU region.

It is similar to what the CO told us, as she said we got this morning the 2 last visas for Europe ... We had to wait for 1 week before to get them ...

It is similar to what the CO told us, as she said we got this morning the 2 last visas for Europe ... We had to wait for 1 week before to get them ...
ok thanx I guess its game over then if you got the last visas...

They are suppose to secure a visa slot when you go through the interview ! Wtf
So now, after people went thru medicals, and than go to the intertview pay 330$, and your hear sorry! We will call if we a have a visa for you???!!!!

That really not what I wanted to hear this morning.

Why DV2014 so screwed up? Damn. It looks like KCC and DOS don't know how to handle things if is oversubscribed. The last occurrence was 9 years ago.

Maybe she meant the 2 last visas for people who rescheduled their interview ? I am sure visas will be available if some people are refused at the embassy.

The cut-offs are made according to visa availability, so now why on earth would they call, EU cases from 36k to 40k and not having enough visas to cover them.!?! I actually lost the link but someone will surely paste it for us in here....

What a monstrous clusterf-k. They've run out. How? It just doesn't make any sense. I'm very sorry for the poor folks who are awaiting interviews. Does that mean folks on AP are out of luck too? :eek:

well I guess DV is not an exact science…thats why…with people on hold they can easily fill the quota if needed and just as easily ignore the APs if the quota is filled. In this process the CNs are a ressource supplied to a demand…basically they have reserved some goods, but delayed the purchase order.

When you reschedule, you loose your assigned visa number, when they assigned a new number for them they got the last 2 available. But everyone who's got a scheduled interview still have their visa number and will get their visas if they are apporved. That's the way I interpret it anyway.

Warsaw

Immigrant Visa Case Number:2014EU38416 01 WRW
Case Creation Date:02-Nov-2012
Status Updated Date:06-Aug-2014

Immigrant Visa Case Number:2014EU39990 01 WRW
Case Creation Date:02-Nov-2012
Status Updated Date:06-Aug-2014

Immigrant Visa Case Number:2014EU39997 01 WRW
Case Creation Date:18-Oct-2012
Status Updated Date:05-Aug-2014

They are still issuing visas happily in Warsaw !

Immigrant Visa Case Number:2014EU37431 01 WRW
Case Creation Date:05-Oct-2012
Status Updated Date:07-Aug-2014

FRANKO OVER AND OUT THIS TIME FOR SURE :D

Well, here we go again, typical cluster f"!#k of state driven services, wherever it is on the planet those guys are just immune to slightest traces of intelligence.

We have been talking through and deliberating how the KCC's DV related processes might work taking common sense approach, and I honestly thought
that once you invited your visa(s) are booked, guess what, common sense (not to mention rationality) is unknown factor to "them".

Apologies for the rant, i had to do it :D. I put a lot of effort (including money - medicals alone 1.5K£, not to mention travel costs) trusting that nothing could
go wrong once i received the invitation (20 Augusts / 39XXX).

At least it will be exciting end of summer o_O.