EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

Normally how to get ssn card after applied i applied my ssn on 07/03/15
Still wating i got a job and manager asking about ssn should i need to call ssn office helpline

i suggest you sign up an account on USCIS website. it is at the bottom of the page that you check your status online. the good thing about it is that you will see an update each time they access your file, which you don't see them when you simply check your case. check and see when they access your file last. normally, they should have an update on the same day that you called them. mine did. however, it might take a day or two after you called for them to do something about it.
hi am new here so my question is the wait time for EAD is 180 days or 150 days from day they receive your application ?and is there any way shorter ?its a big family and we need to start working soon

hi am new here so my question is the wait time for EAD is 180 days or 150 days from day they receive your application ?and is there any way shorter ?its a big family and we need to start working soon

you can apply after 150 days from the day the asylum application was received , make sure its past 150 days , the USCIS will send your application back if the received it on/or before the 150th day before. but the EAD will not be issued before 180 days . expect to wait for 20 days up to 90-100 days after you apply .

unfortunately there is no shortcut for this .

you can apply after 150 days from the day the asylum application was received , make sure its past 150 days , the USCIS will send your application back if the received it on/or before the 150th day before. but the EAD will not be issued before 180 days . expect to wait for 20 days up to 90-100 days after you apply .

unfortunately there is no shortcut for this .
thanks for the info

Hey guys just received my precious SSN card by mail today , job hunting time lol , good luck to you all
hi when you reach this 150 days of waiting ,how do you apply for EAD card what is the procedure ?? and where are you sending the application? pls am new here and will soon be in the 150 days period

Hello ,

Does any body know what is the meaning of " duplicate your EAD card was approved
Although I got my ead 5 months ago !!!!

Hi,
I saw my online status it says card in production. I have not received card yet physically. Can I apply for work in places and tell them I 'll soon get card.experienced people pls share your views

Hi,
I saw my online status it says card in production. I have not received card yet physically. Can I apply for work in places and tell them I 'll soon get card.experienced people pls share your views

yes, you should start looking for a job, and if your potential employer wants to hire you, let them kmow that you will have your EAD card in a week or so. my current employer didn't ask for my EAD until i signed the job offer, which was two weeks after the interview.

Hi. I got my first ead finally. Now pls guide me should I apply for Ssn? I got ead based on pending asylum.
oh you now received your card. congratulations! i am not sure how to apply for SSN because i had mine long time ago before my firsr EAD card. but it should be a simple process. go to an SSA office in your area with your EAD card, your passport, and a job offer letter (might or might not require).

good luck for your job search.

oh you now received your card. congratulations! i am not sure how to apply for SSN because i had mine long time ago before my firsr EAD card. but it should be a simple process. go to an SSA office in your area with your EAD card, your passport, and a job offer letter (might or might not require).

good luck for your job search.

thank you so much. Oh how u managed to get Ssn before eadd? I try to apply online at certain places it was asking for last four digit of ssn in form. I'm new here I need help as to how to find job and apply. Pls recommend any websites. Or what should be my way to apply n look for work.

Also I checked ssn form. There is point CitiZenship status. It has option legal alien allowed to work, legal alien not allowed to work, us citizen.
I got ead based on on pending asylum so im guessing that my status would be legal alien allowed to work.
Can someone help in confirming.

thank you so much. Oh how u managed to get Ssn before eadd? I try to apply online at certain places it was asking for last four digit of ssn in form. I'm new here I need help as to how to find job and apply. Pls recommend any websites. Or what should be my way to apply n look for work.

Also I checked ssn form. There is point CitiZenship status. It has option legal alien allowed to work, legal alien not allowed to work, us citizen.
I got ead based on on pending asylum so im guessing that my status would be legal alien allowed to work.

i got my ssn when i came to study many years ago. however, i read the instructions for the ssn application, and here is the information for you

Original Social Security Card
To apply for an original card, you must provide at least two documents to prove age, identity, and U.S. citizenship or current lawful, work-authorized immigration status. If you are not a U.S. citizen and do not have DHS work authorization, you must prove that you have a valid non-work reason for requesting a card.

so, you need to bring the folliwng documents with you
  • your passport (proof of age and identity)
  • your EAD card (proof of identity)
  • your I-797c, USCIS letter confirming that they received your asylum application (proof of immigration status)
those who recently apply might know better, so you can wait for their opinions on this too.

Last edited:

for work, i am not sure what kinds of job you are looking for, but there are many temp jobs listed on craigslist in your area. if you are looking for a corporate salaried full time position with health insurance benefits, you can try indeed.com. there are other job websites out there that you can look for a job or two for you. good luck!

I am adoonalle and I hope this post that I wrote a year ago has helped a lot you guys. There are almost 300 replies and 15 pages of discussion. Time flies very fast. My EAD card will expire January next year and I have applied my 2nd EAD card in September. it is almost 75 days and still the online status show CASE WAS RECEIVED, no other activity. I hope they will send me the EAD card before my current EAD expires on Jan-2016. Do guy know how long the renewal takes?
Also I had my interview last month and they day I was suppose to pick the decision from the asylum office, I received a call from the asyslum officer and he said to me "I went on vacation and I did not finish you case, so no need to come to the asylum office today. I will send you the decision to your mail when I come back from vacation". I don't know when I will get my decision, but I know it takes long time when they said they will send the decision. I hope I will get it in weeks not month or years.
Later, I will write another post about my Interview experience.

Hi AddonAlle,

Thank for sharing your experience.When did you apply for the asylum ? another question, I just received my EAD and Applied for SSN last week, how long it takes to get it ? where do u advise to apply for jobs?

I am adoonalle and I hope this post that I wrote a year ago has helped a lot you guys. There are almost 300 replies and 15 pages of discussion. Time flies very fast. My EAD card will expire January next year and I have applied my 2nd EAD card in September. it is almost 75 days and still the online status show CASE WAS RECEIVED, no other activity. I hope they will send me the EAD card before my current EAD expires on Jan-2016. Do guy know how long the renewal takes?
Also I had my interview last month and they day I was suppose to pick the decision from the asylum office, I received a call from the asyslum officer and he said to me "I went on vacation and I did not finish you case, so no need to come to the asylum office today. I will send you the decision to your mail when I come back from vacation". I don't know when I will get my decision, but I know it takes long time when they said they will send the decision. I hope I will get it in weeks not month or years.
Later, I will write another post about my Interview experience.
Thanks please inform us accordingly