EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

AdoonAlle

Dears,
I have applied EAD card based on pending asylum and today my status is showing the below message.

"On January 8, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number XXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us."

Does that mean my card is ready and they mailed to my address? How many days it will take to reach me?

Once I receive my card, I will put the steps that I have taken to get it with a good advice that I got from my lawyer.

Thank you

no it means it printed and another update will tell you it was mailed with USCIS tracking number, it shouldnt take more than a week-10 days...

Dear Adoon Alle, your experience is quite valuable for the rest of us in the same situation.
Please if you will, can you post the timeline of your EAD process? so we may have an idea of what to expect.
Thanks for sharing

Does that mean my card is ready and they mailed to my address? How many days it will take to reach me?

It just means that your EAD application was accepted and they asked the cardmaker to print your card. In a few days, you will see another update saying that your card was mailed to you. I will say that in less than two weeks from (January 8) you should receive your new card. My advice is for you to increase your job search so can have an offer lined up by the end of the month.
Congratulation on your EAD.

Dear Friends,

For the last one year, I have got a lot important information from this forum and I will try to give back something regarding the EAD process and how you will approach it if it is taking long time.

I have sent my EAD application on 14 Nov 2014 and USCIS has received on 18 Nov 2014.

I called the USCIS customer service on 7 Jan 2015 after my EAD was pending for 49 days.

I explained to the customer service agent that my case is pending and I have already completed the 180 days. So what happen to my EAD card because the USCIS was suppose to make a decision for me EAD with in 3o days from the day they receive my application.

The agent has logged a call for my case and he said to call us if you don't receive a response within 2 weeks.

He gave me a reference number to keep it and he said I will forward your case to your case officer.

I told him that I need interim EAD so that I can start working because I already completed the 180 days.

He said I have put a request for an interim EAD card for you as well.

The Next day on Jan 8, I have checked my case online and the case status was changed to Card production.

Today they have sent my EAD card as per the online status

“On January 14, 2015, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number xxxxxxxx. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is xxxxxxxxxxxx You can use your tracking number at USCIS in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you did not receive the card, please go to USCIS to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to USCIS to give us your new address"

My Advice: if your case is pending more than one month do the following

1. Call USCIS customer service after you case is pending 33 days

2. Before you make the call, make sure you have all your information like address, date of birth, email, A number.

3. Tell them I need Interim card because I complete 180 days.

This applied only to the new applicants.

If you want to renew your EAD or sent it for renewal, this does not apply it to you. Only for first time applicants.

Thanks and sorry for my my style of writing.

Wow AdoonAlle that's great news! I'll follow your advice.
At this moment I am exactly in my 45 day since I filed the EAD application and 180 days have already elapsed. So according to the USCIS website the processing time for initial filing of ead based on pending asylum is three weeks so I am thinking of letting run one more week and then make the call.
thanks a lot Adoon Alle your information is really valuable

Myhope30,

If the customer service dont understand the EAD process, tell him that to transfer your call to Teir2 officer.

Hope you will get your EAD soon

i have about two months to reach 150 days and to file the EAD application. thanks, @ArlingtonJune for the great information. the thing is i might have to move to the other state before my 150th day, and i think that will stop the clock. can i just move to another jurisdiction, but use my friend's local address (same as my original jurisdiction) as my new address? will it pose any problem to my EAD application and/or my asylum case?

CWH,
If you move to another state and make an address change, that may stop your clock. "I am not sure". Please consult a lawyer and an experienced member from this forum.

AdoonAlle, please clarify.
So here is my situation:
I received my receipt on November 13 2014
I called USCIS on January 6th 2015 to ask for expedite
I received an email from USCIS stating that the expedite did not go through due to the busy traffic, but I will hear about the result 'within' 30 days from January 10th 2015.

Still waiting and status is still pending.

ANy advice?

Hello,

My Asylum is pending as of today its passed 187 days , i applied for my EAD and received a notice that USCIS received my case on Dec22 and its under process .

I kept checking online with my case receipt number , and on Jan5 status changed to (On January 5, 2015, we updated your name for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number XXX. If you move, go to uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

did anyone got this message update and went through this process?

I have called USCIS on Jan15 and a helpful staff made a service request and give me the service request number to follow up on it , he took all my info and mentioned that i have completed 180days , and he told me if it reach 30days without a decision you should get interim EAD .

Can anyone shed some light on how many days does it take to get your EAD after filing with USCIS for pending Asylum?

Thx for adoonalle , when i was reading your post i was thinking wow someone did the same like what ive done lol.

Bosslim,
If this is your first time applying EAD card, Please call the customer service number and explain them that you have completed 180 days. Ask them to issue you an Interim EAD card.

Wolfeyes,
It took me 62 days.
I called the USCIS after 54 days and on the same day the Online status changed to approved. I have received the EAD after 8 days. Once you call the USCIS they will give you a reference number and if you don't receive your EAD within 14 days. call them back to check what happen to your case.

Wolfeyes,
It took me 62 days.
I called the USCIS after 54 days and on the same day the Online status changed to approved. I have received the EAD after 8 days. Once you call the USCIS they will give you a reference number and if you don't receive your EAD within 14 days. call them back to check what happen to your case.
Thats a long wait , do you think ill have a chance with only 30days passed since i applied ?

Wolfeyes,
Sure you can call them after you completed the 180 days (30 days passed since you applied). My lawyer told me that I should had called them after 30 days, but I did not knew that. Legally you have the right to get an EAD after 30 days. Call the customer service and explain to them that you have completed 180 days. If the EAD is not yet ready, request an interim EAD. if the customer service does not understand the process, request him to transfer the call to Tier2 officer.
Good luck.

Ok wish me luck tomorrow im gonna followup regarding my service request , ill keep calling till they do something , that's sad man isn't enough already the 180days still there is delay on that its really unfair.

Adoonalle,

Just want to ask you did you receive this status update online before you got your card?

OnJanuary 5, 2015, we updated your name for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , ReceiptNumber XXX. If you move, go touscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I'm wondering what it means?