EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

i was thinking about calling USCIS this morning to inquire about my renewal card. in the evening, my case status has changed to new card is being produced today, which is 1 week before 3 months from the day my EAD renewal application was accepted.

i updated my time line.

Last edited:
Hello @CWH, did you call the USCIS to ask for expedite of your EAD case? Also, to have an idea, in which office did you apply for EAD? I know that some offices are slower than some other.

Hello @CWH, did you call the USCIS to ask for expedite of your EAD case? Also, to have an idea, in which office did you apply for EAD? I know that some offices are slower than some other.
I was thinking about calling but my case status was updated a little later. So, no I did not make any inquiry but it was a normal processing. My case number starts with WAC as many of the I-765 case numbers.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know WAC was faster now. I heard that over the country EAC and LIN are pretty slow.

i just received my card today. i thought that the new card will start from the date that the first card expires, but no! the new card starts one month earlier (on the CPO date). i started the renewal process 4 months ahead because i didnt want USCIS to mess us my employment to to have my renewal card starts earlier unnecessarily.

anyway, i gladly take it as i can continue my employment and my insurance with no interruption.

Very nice for you, yes, the one less month is not nice and will cost you $31.67 :D But you took the best option that is safety since your paycheck and health insurance will not be affected.
Then, I am glad that LIN is being faster now.
Good luck, I hope you get your interview pretty soon.

Reactions: CWH
Very nice for you, yes, the one less month is not nice and will cost you $31.67 :D But you took the best option that is safety since your paycheck and health insurance will not be affected.
Then, I am glad that LIN is being faster now.
Good luck, I hope you get your interview pretty soon.
thanks @lota2013 for the calculation as i was about to do that too. by the way, i looked at your signature. didn't you get another EAD renewal?

i wish i could get the interview soon. i don't really know where to check the progress for the chicago office.

Yes, I got my EAD renewed two months ago. I had to stay at home for a week. The process has been very slow for me, like always.
You could check the process for the Chicago asylum at this link https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/affirmative-asylum-scheduling-bulletin

Looks like Chicago started to move faster since January and right now they are interviewing people from August 2013. Maybe you might get your interview at the end of this year or the beginning of 2017 if things stay at the same pace.

Reactions: CWH
I applied my 3rd EAD card at end of last month. I started this threat back on Jan 2015.
I applied asylum in June 2014, did my interview in Nov-2105 and still waiting for a decision. its 29 months now and still counting.

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a decision?

I applied my 3rd EAD card at end of last month. I started this threat back on Jan 2015.
I applied asylum in June 2014, did my interview in Nov-2105 and still waiting for a decision. its 29 months now and still counting.

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a decision?
hi @AdoonAlle
our filing date were pretty close. mine was about 4 months after yours and yet i am still waiting for my first interview, which there is no sign of it.

hey here can any body help me with answers on renewal of the EAD card what documents do i need and what is the fee and which means to send the fee pls thanks

Copy of fingerprint notice
Copy of old EAD card and approval notice.
Copy of passport identification page. Its not required but it doesn't hurt. USCIS sends RFE for no reason and you don't want this one extra page to be a reason.
Original barcode in receipt of EAD to expedite the process
2 pictures 2X2 with your name and A-no written on back
$380 money order

I received my new renewed EAD card last on Nov 19. The process took less than two months, it was very fast compared to the last year which took more than 4 months. it is valid for two years.

Applied Asylum : June 2014
Completed Interview : Nov-2105
Decision : Waiting decision more than a year now.

Copy of fingerprint notice
Copy of old EAD card and approval notice.
Copy of passport identification page. Its not required but it doesn't hurt. USCIS sends RFE for no reason and you don't want this one extra page to be a reason.
Original barcode in receipt of EAD to expedite the process
2 pictures 2X2 with your name and A-no written on back
$380 money order
thanks very much do you know the time frame?like how long it might take to renew?

Hi guys I'm new to this thread. Thanks for the guy who've created this thread. Anyways let me come to my case.
I've applied an asylum on june 2016. Exactly After 150 days, I've applied for my initial EAD and got my "case received" notice after 2 weeks (163 days) It's been 187days, I haven't received anything or no updates on the uscis page. I've tried to call them but I couldn't talk to the representative. Also signed up and tried to give a case enquiry but it says I'm still in the post processing time. I don't know what to do now ! How can I give a case request and when? Please someone help me understand the situation. Thanks

Hi,
My I-140 approved and H1B expires on July 2017.My wife has H4-EAD and it expires on July 2017.
If I change employer and employer failed to file PERM before July 2017, will it impact to H4-EAD status?
Thanks!