EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

Contact USCIS and ask for level 2 officer , they are the only one who can access the tracking number , i had the same issue not able to see the tracking no , until i spoke to level 2 and got the tracking.

DMV needs SS to create a file for you but no harm in trying ,

Hello Wolfeyes, It works...! I got my learners permit without SSN, but it was not smooth...!

I applied my SSN on Janaury 20, and so far I have not receive it.

Mercy111,
How do you get your Learners permit without SSN?

Mercy111,

AdoonAlle,
You have to take all of your asylum application documents including the receipt notice and your fingerprint notice, and your EAD card. Tell them that you have a pending asylum cases but you have an EAD. DMV staff will scan the document and send it to USCIS for verification as they did it on my case, then USCIS reply with in half hour and it went smoothly but you need to be able to explain everything firmly. If they asked you your SSN tell them that your SSN is pending. Good luck ....

Mercy111,
Thats a long wait , when you applied you should have been given a paper stating when you are going to receive your SSN (time frame) , im still waiting for my SSN its been almost 6 days so far and i was advised as per the SSN staff that i should receive it within 2 weeks , if i were you i will go back to them and seek an update.

Hello Wolfeyes, It works...! I got my learners permit without SSN, but it was not smooth...!
Congrats , but which state you are living because in my case i reached the DMV manager in CA to renew my expired driving licensee without SSN , still they refused , even though im holding EAD!!!

Congrats , but which state you are living because in my case i reached the DMV manager in CA to renew my expired driving licensee without SSN , still they refused , even though im holding EAD!!!
Have you got your SSN or not yet ?

Thanks a lot...I applied for SSN last week and the ssn staff told me I will get it within two weeks and its been like 7 days since I applied for it.

That is sad.... I am living in Virginia.. is it your first time to get an EAD ? What was our status before and how did you got your licence initially ?

That is sad.... I am living in Virginia.. is it your first time to get an EAD ? What was our status before and how did you got your licence initially ?
It was limited term license , u can apply it here in CA , but it will not be renewed till you have ead or GC

I already applied jobs and got offers, but I don't have SSN and I can't work without one. my SSN is pending for 22 days now. I am really disappointed with the SS office. The last time I went to the SS office, the lady at counter told me that your SSN has been issued and you will receive it in the mail. I requested, If I can have the SS numbers and she said "We don;t give SS numbers on the counter and it will come to your mail so watch your mail and If you don't get it within 14 days, come back to us" so far it is has not come to my mail.

I already applied jobs and got offers, but I don't have SSN and I can't work without one. my SSN is pending for 22 days now. I am really disappointed with the SS office. The last time I went to the SS office, the lady at counter told me that your SSN has been issued and you will receive it in the mail. I requested, If I can have the SS numbers and she said "We don;t give SS numbers on the counter and it will come to your mail so watch your mail and If you don't get it within 14 days, come back to us" so far it is has not come to my mail.

AdoonAlle,

I am sorry and hope you will get it soon. My SSN is also pending....By the way in which state you are living ? Any tips or advice for job search? Degree from home country seems valueless here....I am a bit frustrated....Hope things will be alright....Good luck

Mercy1111, I live in VA, I am checking jobs at Indeed.com and Craigslist.com. Yes the Degrees from home country don't have value here, but If you have experience and a good resume, you can get interviews easily. The only issue here in VA, they always want someone who is US Citizen or GC holder.

Mercy1111, I live in VA, I am checking jobs at Indeed.com and Craigslist.com. Yes the Degrees from home country don't have value here, but If you have experience and a good resume, you can get interviews easily. The only issue here in VA, they always want someone who is US Citizen or GC holder.

Adoon Alle, I started applying for a job on those job board sites and received some interview invitation even some of those want an employee to have a driving licence. That is why I took steps to get the driving licence. I am sure things will go smoothly....

Adoon Alle, I started applying for a job on those job board sites and received some interview invitation even some of those want an employee to have a driving licence. That is why I took steps to get the driving licence. I am sure things will go smoothly....
I got my SSN today...what about you ?