• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv2010 Bangladeshi here

Hi guys, how are you all. I need to know something from a person who already did or faced the interview with the embassy. I wants to know that when you go there for interview and when they call you. Wat do they ask you in interview time? Like wat kind of questions?. And do they ask every questions in english and do you have to replay them as in english? sorry im kinda upset cuz I really do feel uncomfortable on face to face interview :p. help plzzzzzzzzzz....

Hi guys, how are you all. I need to know something from a person who already did or faced the interview with the embassy. I wants to know that when you go there for interview and when they call you. Wat do they ask you in interview time? Like wat kind of questions?. And do they ask every questions in english and do you have to replay them as in english? sorry im kinda upset cuz I really do feel uncomfortable on face to face interview :p. help plzzzzzzzzzz....

I had my interview in London. But I am pretty sure that even in Bangladesh, the interview will be in English. After all its American embassy. They mostly ask you questions about yourself, what you do/study/work. Married or not, have children or not.. what your father and mother do.. etc. Just be relaxed and confident. Thats the key. Wish you best of luck.

I had my interview in London. But I am pretty sure that even in Bangladesh, the interview will be in English. After all its American embassy. They mostly ask you questions about yourself, what you do/study/work. Married or not, have children or not.. what your father and mother do.. etc. Just be relaxed and confident. Thats the key. Wish you best of luck.

thank you for your replay. ;) but I heard sometimes they ask you questions about your subjects which you studied on. is this true? :( .

I am still waiting for a news from embassy. Already passed about 3 month. Any suggestion?

Dear sync,
I got DV-2011 first NL and DS-122,DS-230 sent to KCC,They Rcvd it june 11,2010.
i need your suggestion with your exprience,to get a visa anyhow:
If you want Please mail me at : kabir.bd27@yahoo.com
Hummyan Kabir.
CN:2011AS00018XXX

Last edited by a moderator:

they can ask anything they wish. dont worry, they are normally simple questions, pertaining to ur work education and family. in US embassy Dhaka, there are two officials at the interview. the foreign one asks the questions, and there will also be a bengali official who will translate the questions for you. you can answer in either language. so dont worry. try to answer in english. if you dont find the answer in english go bangla, dont hesitate and stay calm.

Hi suhrid,
I am still waiting for a news from embassy. Already passed about 3 month. Any suggestion?

i have a question for those who have already travelled to USA.

Is it necessary to endorse the dollars i am carrying to my passport? or Is carrying dollars without endorsement illegal? if yes, From where I can endorse dollars safely?

if anyone knows, please answer quickly. my travel is scheduled on the coming 12th.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a question for those who have already travelled to USA.

Is it necessary to endorse the dollars i am carrying to my passport? or Is carrying dollars without endorsement illegal? if yes, From where I can endorse dollars safely?

if anyone knows, please answer quickly. my travel is scheduled on the coming 12th.

Hi Surid, its safe to endorse in passport. I've not been to USA but live in UK and travelled many countries. You can endorse from Standard Chartered, HSBC, even from Sonali bank foreign exchange depart.
Good luck.

I have a question for those who have already travelled to USA.

Have you received your Green card yet? If you have, how long did it take after you have entered US?

I am living in New york and its been 1 month and 2 days. I still haven't received my Green card. Should I be worried and contact them?

I have a question for those who have already travelled to USA.

Have you received your Green card yet? If you have, how long did it take after you have entered US?

I am living in New york and its been 1 month and 2 days. I still haven't received my Green card. Should I be worried and contact them?

Hi dv_dgl,

From what i have read on this forum so far, it takes btw one to three months but most people gets theirs in between one to two months. Just relax it will come. Have you got your social security card, if yes how long did it take. Kindly tell us about your port of entry expirence.

The port of entry was more simpler than I thought it would be. My advice is make sure you go quite early before the flight time as they will take a lot of time before they give you your boarding pass. They will ask and take your US address. For some reason they took a long time to process it(I was at London Heathrow Airport). Once I landed, I joined the immigration que. I handed them my passport and the folder(the one you get after visa interview and not suppose to open). My finger prints and photo was taken. Then I was directed to a office room along with my papers. Then I was asked to give finger prints on some paper and that was it. I was told that everything is done. The overall time took less than 30mins.

Then after 12 days, I went to the local social security office and applied for my social security number. I got it just after 9 days. Somepeople who got their Green card(about 4 years ago) told me that they got it in just 15 days. They even got a letter saying "welcome and your green card is on the way". I got no letters yet. Thats why I am a bit worried. Other than that.. everything else is fine.

The port of entry was more simpler than I thought it would be. My advice is make sure you go quite early before the flight time as they will take a lot of time before they give you your boarding pass. They will ask and take your US address. For some reason they took a long time to process it(I was at London Heathrow Airport). Once I landed, I joined the immigration que. I handed them my passport and the folder(the one you get after visa interview and not suppose to open). My finger prints and photo was taken. Then I was directed to a office room along with my papers. Then I was asked to give finger prints on some paper and that was it. I was told that everything is done. The overall time took less than 30mins.

Then after 12 days, I went to the local social security office and applied for my social security number. I got it just after 9 days. Somepeople who got their Green card(about 4 years ago) told me that they got it in just 15 days. They even got a letter saying "welcome and your green card is on the way". I got no letters yet. Thats why I am a bit worried. Other than that.. everything else is fine.

Thx for sharing this with us. For the green card it will definately come so no need to worry.

Dear Sync

Any update?

My sister is still waiting since March2010. In response to a recent email the following is the response, please advise your opinion...

'Your case is currently under administrative processing. We are still waiting for the administrative result for you before we process your visa. This is an inter-departmental administrative process and we regret that we are unable to predict when the processing will be completed. Processing times vary due to factors beyond our control and we are unable to expedite the administrative process. We will contact you as soon as we receive the administrative result.'

Anybody please advise

Thanks
bitu

Dear Sync

Any update?

My sister is still waiting since March2010. In response to a recent email the following is the response, please advise your opinion...

'Your case is currently under administrative processing. We are still waiting for the administrative result for you before we process your visa. This is an inter-departmental administrative process and we regret that we are unable to predict when the processing will be completed. Processing times vary due to factors beyond our control and we are unable to expedite the administrative process. We will contact you as soon as we receive the administrative result.'

Anybody please advise

Thanks
bitu

Hi Bitu,
I am also in the same condition, still waiting since March2010. I have also got the same email reply from embassy about one month ago. Do not know what to do.

hi members
i am a DV 2011 selectee. got interview date on October through mail reply frm KCC,still didn't recieve 2nd nl.i'm prepared with all documents only waiting for PCC to get. now please confirm me do i need any I-134 or bank statement? as i go through all forums and website of DV i dint notice anywhere they mentioned about this......so i'm confused about it.please if any member is active here let me know do i need it or not? and please some winners of 2010 discuss in DV2011 winner page alsio so that u can help us to go through proper and perfect way.hope to get ur reply soon

rony,

Actually US embassy bangladesh dont require any bank statement or affidavit of support. If u are single and and a young man you absolutely dont need that.