• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv2010 Bangladeshi here

they particularly look for the SSC or HSC registations and as long as they are not available any other will do. she should take all the photo ID's she has.
actually they want IDs which are authentic and hard to forge.
Congrets bro...
My sister submitted her 1st/3rd year honours, MSS admit card, Official ID card and PTI admit card yesterday. Among other photo IDs, she submitted Voter ID card and SSC/HSC admit/registration card recently translated to English earlier before receiving 2nd letter.

Yet they advised to go back with more photo ids. What a shamble!
Any advise please! She's already submitted all the photo ids she had. I don't know what to advice, can anybody please!

well, have a good news to share. i received my visa today.
after 2 months of wait, its a great relief; when i was almost fearing that i should give up hope.
as i am thinking, my name, having 'mohammad' and 'khan', and the islamic background of my family, made them to examine the case under 'administrative processing'. that is the cause of delay.
thank you everyone associated with this forum, for the support when i almost lost hope.

Congrats suhrid.suhrid, its a great news! I think you are right about the fact of having name of "Mohammad and khan", but sooner or later almost everyone is going to get their visas for sure.

@Warm_pallab,, There is nothing to worry about. Just be patient...pray to god.

@sik, I am planning to fly on May's first week, destination Jamaica, Newyork.

Congrets bro...
My sister submitted her 1st/3rd year honours, MSS admit card, Official ID card and PTI admit card yesterday. Among other photo IDs, she submitted Voter ID card and SSC/HSC admit/registration card recently translated to English earlier before receiving 2nd letter.

Yet they advised to go back with more photo ids. What a shamble!
Any advise please! She's already submitted all the photo ids she had. I don't know what to advice, can anybody please!

Don't be worry... Its nt a shamble... don't be panic... Have u any Photo admit card of University admission test ?? Or... any membership card like "Aliance Frances" / "American Centre" / "British Council" ... ?? If don't any just tell them the truth about ur boundary... In their requirement list it was not hardly mentioned about Photo ID cards... They required only 7/8 documents... U r nt lacking 7/8 documents... So don't be panic...

Don't be worry... Its nt a shamble... don't be panic... Have u any Photo admit card of University admission test ?? Or... any membership card like "Aliance Frances" / "American Centre" / "British Council" ... ?? If don't any just tell them the truth about ur boundary... In their requirement list it was not hardly mentioned about Photo ID cards... They required only 7/8 documents... U r nt lacking 7/8 documents... So don't be panic...
Very soothing advice.... Thank you.. I advised her more or less the same.. your help just a mean of more than friendship.
She is trying old IDs. Do you/anybody please advise if in the admit/registration card it says mohammad in bangla when we do translate can we write MD? Cause, my brother-in-law's (dependant) name begains with MD in KCC letter. Very very grateful to this forum...Thanks friends....

Hi everyone. Today I had my interview at London US embassy. Thanks to Allah and all of you, I got the visa. I will get my passport with the visa stamp within 3-5 working days now. Thanks to every one in this forum, I was able to get things right.

Hi everyone. Today I had my interview at London US embassy. Thanks to Allah and all of you, I got the visa. I will get my passport with the visa stamp within 3-5 working days now. Thanks to every one in this forum, I was able to get things right.

Congrats for your successful interview.

Very soothing advice.... Thank you.. I advised her more or less the same.. your help just a mean of more than friendship.
She is trying old IDs. Do you/anybody please advise if in the admit/registration card it says mohammad in bangla when we do translate can we write MD? Cause, my brother-in-law's (dependant) name begains with MD in KCC letter. Very very grateful to this forum...Thanks friends....

Now whats ur sisters condotion..?? "MD" It depends upon her all previous certificates... just check all... any further inquiry email me... at ... enggpallab@yahoo.com.

Now whats ur sisters condotion..?? "MD" It depends upon her all previous certificates... just check all... any further inquiry email me... at ... enggpallab@yahoo.com.

She's submitted 2 more IDs with an enclosed letter saying what docs had been submitted as photo IDs and no more IDs were available. They adivsed to wait for their call/further advice.
Thanks....
by the way, I think 1month is not probably long enough to get frusted. Please be optimistic and enjoy life in Bangladesh. I know (as living in UK for 7 years) you'll miss it in USA life.

Dear all in this page... Today I have got my VISA... Its a gr8 relief for me... Thanks Sync, Sik, arifeen_gt, suhrid.suhrid, metroloy and all others...

Dear all in this page... Today I have got my VISA... Its a gr8 relief for me... Thanks Sync, Sik, arifeen_gt, suhrid.suhrid, metroloy and all others...

Congratulation! Yap, its a great relief for you.

I am still waiting. Already passed 1 month.

sync , you can wait few more days , then call the embassy about the status, but they might not feel comfortable to talk to you as you are not the applicant!

To all of you from Bangladesh : who have some sort of mixed feeling with the names MD, Mohammad, Muhammad, Islam , Khan , Islam let me assure you that, US Embassy has nothing to do with that, it's nothing but some rumors, after 9/11 they had some hard feelings against muslims but , actually in the visa process , it doesnt matter. The Visa Officer who are assigned to Bangladesh or any muslim country are well informed about the culture and names!

InShallah most of you will come to the USA, then you will see for yourself and be proud of the strong Equal Opportunity Laws and Rights for all regardless of religion, race and color.

N.B : My name is with Mohammad and with lot of Arabic words and I work for the US Government now.

Thanks Ferdous.

Still I have been waiting. Almost 2 month left.

Don't know what is happening.

sync , you can wait few more days , then call the embassy about the status, but they might not feel comfortable to talk to you as you are not the applicant!

To all of you from Bangladesh : who have some sort of mixed feeling with the names MD, Mohammad, Muhammad, Islam , Khan , Islam let me assure you that, US Embassy has nothing to do with that, it's nothing but some rumors, after 9/11 they had some hard feelings against muslims but , actually in the visa process , it doesnt matter. The Visa Officer who are assigned to Bangladesh or any muslim country are well informed about the culture and names!

InShallah most of you will come to the USA, then you will see for yourself and be proud of the strong Equal Opportunity Laws and Rights for all regardless of religion, race and color.

N.B : My name is with Mohammad and with lot of Arabic words and I work for the US Government now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

First of I would like to thank the creator of this group. This group must be very helpfull for a lot of people. I am not selected for for 2010 rather I got selected for 2011. But my serial number is very high. Any idea about the max serial number (case number) from BD that got visa?

Thanks

Congrats....
What a relief!
My sister gave more IDs and she is now under adminstative review..what does thing mean?

So after we get the immigrant visa to travel to US, does anyone know if we have to apply for ESTA(ELECTRONIC SYSTEM FOR TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION)?
I am really confused :S

ESTA(ELECTRONIC SYSTEM FOR TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION)?
The visa waiver program is a U.S. government program that enables citizens and nationals from the 35 Visa Waiver Countries to enter the United States for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. The advantage of entering the United States under the visa waiver program is that you can travel to the United States on short notice without obtaining a visa. source: www.esta.us

i don't think its necessary.

The visa waiver program is a U.S. government program that enables citizens and nationals from the 35 Visa Waiver Countries to enter the United States for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. The advantage of entering the United States under the visa waiver program is that you can travel to the United States on short notice without obtaining a visa. source: www.esta.us

i don't think its necessary.

Thanks.