• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi everyone, thank you for this helpful forum! Two qq:

1) Probably this was asked before, but I found only the messages from 2015. How to get edit rights for the timeline Excel? I'm doing L1 AOS this year and want to add my dates

2) Can I be sent to administrative processing when I do AOS? I had 3-months of AP when I got my L1 visa (because of my education) and worried about getting it again (and won't being able to get a visa before the end of September because of that)

Hi everyone, thank you for this helpful forum! Two qq:

1) Probably this was asked before, but I found only the messages from 2015. How to get edit rights for the timeline Excel? I'm doing L1 AOS this year and want to add my dates

2) Can I be sent to administrative processing when I do AOS? I had 3-months of AP when I got my L1 visa (because of my education) and worried about getting it again (and won't being able to get a visa before the end of September because of that)
1. a. Click the Green View Only dropdown at the top of the spreadsheet b. Follow the instructions beneath it.
2. Most likely yes. If your educational background/work experience falls within the TAL list, you most likely will be put on AP.

1. a. Click the Green View Only dropdown at the top of the spreadsheet b. Follow the instructions beneath it.
2. Most likely yes. If your educational background/work experience falls within the TAL list, you most likely will be put on AP.
Hi Mom,
I had AP for my F1 visa as well.
1-How can I find out if I'm facing this process again?
2-As far as I know, the background check involves fingerprinting and a name check. Is this the same process, or is there something else in additional?
3-How can we find out our background check has been done?
4- How can we expedite the process? For my F1 visa, I got cleared in 40 days. For this one, it has been 60 days since my biometrics.
5- Has anyone ever lost their chance due to this process before? I completed my biometrics in early March. Should I be worried about this?

Hi Mom,
I had AP for my F1 visa as well.
1-How can I find out if I'm facing this process again?
2-As far as I know, the background check involves fingerprinting and a name check. Is this the same process, or is there something else in additional?
3-How can we find out our background check has been done?
4- How can we expedite the process? For my F1 visa, I got cleared in 40 days. For this one, it has been 60 days since my biometrics.
5- Has anyone ever lost their chance due to this process before? I completed my biometrics in early March. Should I be worried about this?
1. The FO may sometimes respond to a congressional inquiry by stating case adjudication is delayed due to a pending background check clearance (which is the same thing as AP). Otherwise, there's no direct way of knowing, except of course if you've been subject to AP before following a visa application from an embassy, then you as the applicant will already have an idea of what is going on with your case.
2. See the "Background Check" tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet for more information on the background check process.
3. The IO may inform you at the time of your interview your background check clearance is still pending, or it has cleared.
4. There's no way for you as an applicant to expedite the background check process. The FOs are aware of the time sensitivity surrounding DV based AOS cases, they tend to take that into consideration and try their best at expediting such cases when possible.
5. Yes. Take a look at the "Background Check" tab of the DV Tracker - Unique Situations spreadsheet (link in the signature section of any of my posts) for some of the reported cases from this forum.

On the biometrics topic I would like to ask if anyone knows if there is any difference between E2 status extension biometrics and DV biometrics check. Are there less checks performed on E2 extension by USCIS than on DV?

Hello Mom,
I have already written about my case, please forgive me if I am disturbing you. Application date January 12, fingerprint appointment February 5. No news since then. And my number is EU11xxx. Is it too early to worry? Or when do you get worried and suggest I contact my congressman?

Hello Mom,
I have already written about my case, please forgive me if I am disturbing you. Application date January 12, fingerprint appointment February 5. No news since then. And my number is EU11xxx. Is it too early to worry? Or when do you get worried and suggest I contact my congressman?
I already told you as at about one and half week or so when you last asked about your case that you could initiate a congressional case inquiry now.

I'm going to file I-134 for myself as an OPT participant. What should I put as the "beneficiary's anticipated length of stay"? My visa's expiration date, work authorization end date, or "no end date"?

I'm going to file I-134 for myself as an OPT participant. What should I put as the "beneficiary's anticipated length of stay"? My visa's expiration date, work authorization end date, or "no end date"?
Cannot edit my message anymore, but additionally:

2- I legally changed my name in my home country a few years ago. Will I need the documentation from the court orders there regarding this change? All my legal documents including my passport have my current name. But my expired passport and my past US visa have the old name.
3- Is it a problem if I don't have all my past I-94s and I-20s? I am only missing the initial I-20 I had to enter the US, and I only have my current I-94 since I've always obtained it online.

Again, thanks for your help.

Hi Mom,

I just have some question regarding my I-485,
1. should I answer " No" to question 2 in part 2?
2. should my wife fill out questions 5.a to 7 in part 2?

Hi Mom,

My number is AS15XXX, the number in June is 9,000, July, 2024 is 13,000.
I am currently under F1, and planning to do AOS.

Q1: If my number is current in Aug, what is the earliest date I can submit my package?
Q2: Is there any way I can expedite the process after I submit my 485?
Q3: How to increase my chance for me to get the Green Card when I am under the AOS process? I am a little bit nervous about no able to finish the change of status process before 9/30.

Thank you so much!

When a package gets rejected and the lockbox sends it back to you - do you usually get a notification through your USPS account? I got an email from USPS saying something is being delivered from Chicago area on May 22 and I haven't ordered anything recently. Have a bad feeling it's our package.

When a package gets rejected and the lockbox sends it back to you - do you usually get a notification through your USPS account? I got an email from USPS saying something is being delivered from Chicago area on May 22 and I haven't ordered anything recently. Have a bad feeling it's our package.
Did you check if the cashier's check for AOS processing fees is encashed?

Oops, here is to hoping it is something else!

The I-134 is supposed to be provided to you by a sponsor. Filling it yourself and submitting on your own behalf is redundant, if you are convinced you have the financial documents for demonstrating self-sufficiency, simply include those. Having said that, for the benefit of anyone else with a sponsor who is providing them with an I-134, anticipated length of stay should be “no end date”.

Cannot edit my message anymore, but additionally:

2- I legally changed my name in my home country a few years ago. Will I need the documentation from the court orders there regarding this change? All my legal documents including my passport have my current name. But my expired passport and my past US visa have the old name.
3- Is it a problem if I don't have all my past I-94s and I-20s? I am only missing the initial I-20 I had to enter the US, and I only have my current I-94 since I've always obtained it online.

Again, thanks for your help.
1. Having those documents on hand is a good idea, it is part of being prepared, should you get a RFE for it.
2. You just have to keep your fingers crossed and hope the IO does not request them as part of proof of ongoing maintenance of a valid status.

Hi Mom,

I just have some question regarding my I-485,
1. should I answer " No" to question 2 in part 2?
2. should my wife fill out questions 5.a to 7 in part 2?
1. That is correct.
2. Derivatives fill out 5a-5c, and 6 (if applicable).

p.s. there’s a prefilled sample I-485 which you can use as a guide. Also, having to open up a form to look up the section being asked about can be stressful to the person responding. So make it easy for us to help you by writing out the questions associated with the numbers you’re asking about.

Last edited:
Hi Mom,
My wife is a DV winner and her case has just become current for July cut-of.
Is PM-602-0088 Policy memorandum for early filing still on? Can we apply for AOS now, when case is publushed in visa bulletin?
Would you recommend to do so?

My doubts are because "Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program" USCIS page says "you must have an immigrant visa immediately available at the time of filing an adjustment application", although it used to have "encourage early filing" I believe.

Thank you.