• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom,

My number is AS15XXX, the number in June is 9,000, July, 2024 is 13,000.
I am currently under F1, and planning to do AOS.

Q1: If my number is current in Aug, what is the earliest date I can submit my package?
Q2: Is there any way I can expedite the process after I submit my 485?
Q3: How to increase my chance for me to get the Green Card when I am under the AOS process? I am a little bit nervous about no able to finish the change of status process before 9/30.

Thank you so much!
1. You may file as early as June or July if you wish to take advantage of the early filing option. However be sure you understand the possible downside of early filing - take a look at the FAQ tab if the AOS process spreadsheet to learn more about early filing.
2 &3. DV based AOS cases are generally expedited. Anyway, file first when you become eligible to do so before trying to figure out how or what to do in terms of expediting your case.

Hi Mom,
My wife is a DV winner and her case has just become current for July cut-of.
Is PM-602-0088 Policy memorandum for early filing still on? Can we apply for AOS now, when case is publushed in visa bulletin?
Would you recommend to do so?

My doubts are because "Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program" USCIS page says "you must have an immigrant visa immediately available at the time of filing an adjustment application", although it used to have "encourage early filing" I believe.

Thank you.
Folks are still utilizing the early filing memo. I have no recommendation re early filing, one way or the other. It’s your decision. Understand the pros and cons by taking a look at the FAQ section of the AOS spreadsheet and make your own decision.

Hi there, a quick question
Who should I pay my money order to and what's the address while filing the package ($1440 one)

Hi there, a quick question
Who should I pay my money order to and what's the address while filing the package ($1440 one)
1. U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
2. You can write the address of the Lockbox you’ll be sending your AOS package to.

So CBP has been eliminating admission stamps at some ports of entry as an attempt to digitalize things, and I don't have stamps from all my entries. Would it be a good idea to include my travel history page, which can be found on the online I-94 website, as proof I was lawfully admitted each time?

So CBP has been eliminating admission stamps at some ports of entry as an attempt to digitalize things, and I don't have stamps from all my entries. Would it be a good idea to include my travel history page, which can be found on the online I-94 website, as proof I was lawfully admitted each time?
Yes I included current I-94 and the travel history page from that same website. Basically proof of all admissions to the US.

Hi Mom,

I know that all DV based AOS applicants are subject to INA212(a)(4).

My question is how can I answer to questions after that to show that it is unlikely to become public charge? I have a car loan, so would it be appropriate to cite the value of the vehicle as an asset and its associated loan as a liability?

Hi Mom,

I know that all DV based AOS applicants are subject to INA212(a)(4).

My question is how can I answer to questions after that to show that it is unlikely to become public charge? I have a car loan, so would it be appropriate to cite the value of the vehicle as an asset and its associated loan as a liability?
Documents for demonstrating financial sufficiency are listed on the AOS Process Spreadsheet, I recommend you take a look at it.

You cannot use the value of your car to demonstrate financial self sufficiency since you’re carrying a loan on it, that makes it a debt and not an asset as a matter of fact. Even if the car was fully paid off, the only time one would be able to use it to demonstrate financial self sufficiency would be if that was a second car and not your primary vehicle.

Documents for demonstrating financial sufficiency are listed on the AOS Process Spreadsheet, I recommend you take a look at it.

You cannot use the value of your car to demonstrate financial self sufficiency since you’re carrying a loan on it, that makes it a debt and not an asset as a matter of fact. Even if the car was fully paid off, the only time one would be able to use it to demonstrate financial self sufficiency would be if that was a second car and not your primary vehicle.
Thanks for your reply. I already know the documents which I need to provide for financial sufficiency , but I am confused about how can I answer the questions below:

1- Given that we're only qualified for single filing tax returns, should I state only my personal income or both mine and my wife's when answering the question "Include your household's annual income?"
2- I'm unsure how to calculate the total value of my household assets for the question "Identify the total value of your household assets."
3- Given that I have a car loan, I'm unsure how to calculate the total value of my household liabilities for the question "Identify the total value of your household liabilities."

Today our case status changed from ‘Biometrics were taken in Dec. 4th’ to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’.
3 weeks ago we submitted a congressional inquiry on the aplicant receipt number with the response ‘the I-485 application is waiting to be schedule for the interview by the FO’.
With the request to wait 45 days for the next congressional inquiry’.
2 days ago we submitted an USCIS website inquiry on the beneficiary receipt number for cases outside processing times and today we got the updated status.
I see from previous posts that it does not mean much but it is at least a progress after 5 months of nothing.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I already know the documents which I need to provide for financial sufficiency , but I am confused about how can I answer the questions below:

1- Given that we're only qualified for single filing tax returns, should I state only my personal income or both mine and my wife's when answering the question "Include your household's annual income?"
2- I'm unsure how to calculate the total value of my household assets for the question "Identify the total value of your household assets."
3- Given that I have a car loan, I'm unsure how to calculate the total value of my household liabilities for the question "Identify the total value of your household liabilities."
1. If you’re married, your tax filing status should either be married filing jointly, or married filing separately. So I’m not sure what you mean by filing single. If you’re married and your spouse is also working, household income will be combination of you both.
2. You’ll need to figure it out, I can’t calculate it for you.
3. Again you’ll need to figure that out on your own. Liability is about what you owe.

Hi mom,

On I-485, 25.a:

"When I last arrived in the United States, I:
- Was inspected at a port of entry and admitted as..."

If I am on F1 visa, had graduated and was using my work benefit (OPT) at the time of my last arrival, what should I say here?
Admitted as "student", "student on OPT", "temporary worker", or something else?

Thanks a lot!

Hi mom,

On I-485, 25.a:

"When I last arrived in the United States, I:
- Was inspected at a port of entry and admitted as..."

If I am on F1 visa, had graduated and was using my work benefit (OPT) at the time of my last arrival, what should I say here?
Admitted as "student", "student on OPT", "temporary worker", or something else?

Thanks a lot!
Student OPT is good enough.

Hello @Sm1smom. My case number just became current, and I'm doing early filing at the Dallas field office. I'm preparing a money order for my I-485 application, but I'm unsure which address to write on it. Should I use the USPS-specific address on the money order if I'm mailing through the USPS and the other address given for courier services like FedEx, DHL, or UPS? Also, for DV AOS cases do I use the address for USCIS Lockbox Filing Locations Chart for Certain Family-Based Forms ( Addresses with Attn: AOS)?

Last edited:
Hi Mom, We haven't received any notification since we sent our RFE responses on March 20th. So I asked our senator to explain the situation and walked into the USCIS local office to see if they received it. The agent at the information desk said she couldn't see if they sent an RFE or RFE response received in her system and told me to bring a copy so she could forward it to the officer. I prepared a letter quickly and printed out that RFE was received on March 21st by USCIS.

Today, I received another RFE requesting all my I-20 forms. The officer says, "This evidence is not contained in the record." Apparently, they seem to have lost my I-20 forms even though I sent them with my initial AOS application and also with an RFE response. That is weird.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 180221.png

Hi, my number is not current yet (2024OC20XX) but I have submitted a DS-260 in the hope I will become current. I also submitted a DS-260 last year for DV2023 and just missed out in the DV lottery. I have some international travel coming up in a couple of weeks.
1. Do you know if I am likely to have any issues re-entering the US on my O-1 visa because of submitting a DS-260?

1. U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
2. You can write the address of the Lockbox you’ll be sending your AOS package to.
Got it, thank you. Also, could you please give me access to edit the timeline sheet?
I've sent you the request.

Hi, I appreciate if you can help me about these 3 questions (AOS DV LOTTERY),
1. My case number is high (something around 13500 from asia) so probably I'll be current in August, will I have any chance and enough time to complete the green card process?
2. Due to my high case number it's very important to me to collect all required documents to make them ready for submission, can I pay the DV Administrative Fee in person (in Saint Louis office) to receive the receipt at the same time?
3. How many days it takes to complete the medical exam? (Should I do any test or something like in addition to visiting the general surgeon? What will the doctor do?