• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hey, so today I got everything ready to go. Printed out all the documents with translations, got the i-485 ready, and went to the doc for the i-693. Basically, I'm all set to send everything out today, except I'm missing the receipt from KCC. I emailed them last night explaining that the receipt got lost somehow and I'm not sure if I even received it. I made it clear that without that receipt, I can't send my docs to USCIS or they might reject my case. This morning, they replied with "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department." Now, I'm not sure if that means they'll send my request to the right folks and get back to me, or if they'll just pass the info directly to USCIS. So, I emailed them again asking for an electronic receipt or payment confirmation so I can include something as proof of payment with my submission. I have bank transactions showing the payment, but I'm not sure if I should wait for KCC's response, maybe by Monday, or just try to send everything out today.
No, it does not mean they will send your request anywhere or to USCIS. That is just one of the boilerplate responses KCC tend to send out regardless of the question being asked. You’ll probably need to email them a couple of times before they finally send you a copy of your receipt.

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to wait it out. Hoping I can manage to send the documents to USCIS by early May. Could you show or explain what this email is all about? Do they have copies of our payments, or are they sending something else?
Sure. Attached is the e-mail text with the copy of the payment confirmation that was provided by KCC.

Attachments

• KCC_EMAIL.JPG
    KCC_EMAIL.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DV_Fee_Receipt.JPG
    DV_Fee_Receipt.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 23
Today we got some movement on my wife’s DV Employment Card. The status changed to ‘Employment card is being produced’.
We filled the i-765 on Oct. 15th along with the AOS application.

Is this Employment card issued by USCIS or another department? Because we are really curios if we should expect very soon action on the AOS too.

Thank you.

Today we got some movement on my wife’s DV Employment Card. The status changed to ‘Employment card is being produced’.
We filled the i-765 on Oct. 15th along with the AOS application.

Is this Employment card issued by USCIS or another department? Because we are really curios if we should expect very soon action on the AOS too.

Thank you.
EAD is processed by the NBC. While the GC is processed by the FO. Both the NBC and the FO are different parts of what is known as the USCIS.

Got it. Maybe the Congressional Inquiry did something to move forward the production of the EAD. She is the winner of the DV.
I got my EAD as a beneficiary, 1 week after resubmitting the i-765. (I was missing a check mark or something on the original submitted form so they sent the i-765 back)
We will take a vacation of 2 for the weekend and then continue to hurry up and wait again :)

I have been in the US as a tourist for about 2 months and I have a stay until September 6. If I win a green card in the lottery in May 2024. Can I start Aos transactions directly. Will the remaining 3 months be enough for the procedures.

Hello mom,
I am seeking your guidance on my case since no one else on the spread sheet lists Nashville as the ASC this year. I completed the biometrics on feb 27th and I am still waiting to be scheduled for an interview (or interview being waived). I looked @ previous timelines I noticed:
1. Nashville usually conducts interviews and does not waive them.
2. In 2023 it took over 100 days from the notice received until an interview was scheduled, but In 2022 it took only about 40 days.

My questions: if you were in my position what would you do? Do you recommend an inquiry with the congressman/woman? or try to be patient?

Thank you for all your help during this long process!

I have been in the US as a tourist for about 2 months and I have a stay until September 6. If I win a green card in the lottery in May 2024. Can I start Aos transactions directly. Will the remaining 3 months be enough for the procedures.
No I don't think the timing will work out.

IF you win in May 2024 (and you don't win a green card, you basically win the RIGHT to apply for a green card), the processing of DV2025 won't occur until October 1, so it would be after your tourist visa expires. Also, if you "win" it will greatly depend on what case number you are provided as that signifies usually what month you can actually apply.

Confirming that I am about to get 5 cashier's checks for my families AOS application.

Two adults @ $1,440
One 14 year old @ $1,440
Two 10 year olds @ $950

The biometrics fee is included in the above prices, correct?

Sure. Attached is the e-mail text with the copy of the payment confirmation that was provided by KCC.
Wow, that's great!
I never even thought their processes involved scanning. I imagined it as simply stamping, cashing the check, and that's it, lol.
Well, now I'm at ease and will wait for their response. Appreciate you.

Wait and see if you get selected first, then ask your question at that point in time.

Hello mom,
I am seeking your guidance on my case since no one else on the spread sheet lists Nashville as the ASC this year. I completed the biometrics on feb 27th and I am still waiting to be scheduled for an interview (or interview being waived). I looked @ previous timelines I noticed:
1. Nashville usually conducts interviews and does not waive them.
2. In 2023 it took over 100 days from the notice received until an interview was scheduled, but In 2022 it took only about 40 days.

My questions: if you were in my position what would you do? Do you recommend an inquiry with the congressman/woman? or try to be patient?

Thank you for all your help during this long process!
Yours may also be following the 2023 trend, so I guess you could wait a couple more weeks for now before initiating a congressional inquiry.

While waiting for KCC's response, I'm double-checking all the documents. I've been wondering about the i-485 form. Should I put "n/a" in all the sections not related to me or not? The official website says these fields can be left blank. I thought maybe USCIS takes longer to process some cases because of empty fields, as they need to figure out whether the person accidentally skipped some sections or they simply don't apply to them. I started putting "n/a" everywhere, but it freaked me out because there were so many "n/a"s, some pages were purely "n/a". It looked like messing up the form. So, I decided to seek an answer on this. Since I didn't find it in this thread, I'm asking, what's the best course of action here?

While waiting for KCC's response, I'm double-checking all the documents. I've been wondering about the i-485 form. Should I put "n/a" in all the sections not related to me or not? The official website says these fields can be left blank. I thought maybe USCIS takes longer to process some cases because of empty fields, as they need to figure out whether the person accidentally skipped some sections or they simply don't apply to them. I started putting "n/a" everywhere, but it freaked me out because there were so many "n/a"s, some pages were purely "n/a". It looked like messing up the form. So, I decided to seek an answer on this. Since I didn't find it in this thread, I'm asking, what's the best course of action here?
The official website says non applicable fields can be left blank? This is news to me, as I’m aware the I485 instruction says to use N/A or None where applicable. Anyway, you can take a look at the sample pre-filled I-485 provided in this forum to get an idea of how you could handle that. Link to the referenced I-485 can be found in the AOS Process spreadsheet.

Hi, mom

Can you tell me the lockbox location in Chicago? I plan to ship my package by Fedex.
You should be able to find the lockbox address from the below link yourself (you’ll need to scroll down to locate it):

The official website says non applicable fields can be left blank? This is news to me, as I’m aware the I485 instruction says to use N/A or None where applicable. Anyway, you can take a look at the sample pre-filled I-485 provided in this forum to get an idea of how you could handle that. Link to the referenced I-485 can be found in the AOS Process spreadsheet.
If a question does not apply to you, you may enter N/A or leave the field blank
uscis.gov 5stepstofile

uscis.gov 5stepstofile
Thanks for sharing the link which indeed is quite new.

This is a classic example of USCIS providing conflict information/instructions considering the I-485 form instructions, (as an example) says to use N/A or None, and not leave any section of the form blank. Just like that same form instructions says DV applicants do not need to submit evidence of financial support, yet ILs routinely show up with a request to attend the interview with an I-134 (or an I-864 which is the wrong affidavit of support for DV based AOS application); or the IO asks for the I-134 at the time of the interview while that was not listed on the IL the applicant received. Yep! Classic USCIS conflicting instructions at its best.

Hi Mom,

Is it true that if we have done the Bio during the last year, USCIS will not ask us to do it again? I did bio last year for change of status, but my wife did not.