• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi. We got the following reply to our congressional inquiry made on my wife’s receipt number:

“We have confirmed that this case remains pending at Seattle Field Office and will be scheduled for an eligibility interview when an interview slot becomes available. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will contact your constituent directly when an interview is scheduled or if additional information is requested prior to the interview.

We respectfully request you allow at least 45 days from the date of this email before following up on the status of the case. “

Would you advise we patiently wait 45 days or I should maybe submit an inquiry on USCIS website under my receipt number, in 2 weeks from now?
I want to make sure I stay active on this but not be a pest at the same time.

Thank you

1. Would it be considered a violation to refile my case after it was denied, and should I include a letter with the rejection and a cover letter stating that it was their error?
3. What I meant was, the chat agents said, "We can't do anything to help you. The only advice we have is to file Form i290b as the only possible option."

Suppose I'm ready to refile my case and at the same time seek assistance from a congressman regarding the first case. Would their assistance be pointless, or could Case 1 be reinstated while I wait for Case 2 to be reviewed?
1. Again, refilling the case will be a violation of what? Anyway, I wouldn’t have listed it as an option if it wasn’t. You can include such a letter if you like, personally I wouldn’t.

Like I already stated (twice to be precise), if you're initiating option 1, then all the other options are moot.

Hi. We got the following reply to our congressional inquiry made on my wife’s receipt number:

“We have confirmed that this case remains pending at Seattle Field Office and will be scheduled for an eligibility interview when an interview slot becomes available. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will contact your constituent directly when an interview is scheduled or if additional information is requested prior to the interview.

We respectfully request you allow at least 45 days from the date of this email before following up on the status of the case. “

Would you advise we patiently wait 45 days or I should maybe submit an inquiry on USCIS website under my receipt number, in 2 weeks from now?
I want to make sure I stay active on this but not be a pest at the same time.

Thank you
Yeah, you submit an online inquiry in two weeks. No harm in doing that.

I'm attempting to submit the e-request for the NoA typo but keep encountering the error:

'Your receipt number does not match the form number and form subtype selected. Please enter the information again.'

I've double-checked the receipt number, and it is correct. I'm unable to find any specific 'I-797C' or 'I-485' forms related to DV applications in the list, except for 'Other.' Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?"

Attachments

• etypo_error.png
    etypo_error.png
    377.3 KB · Views: 11
I'm attempting to submit the e-request for the NoA typo but keep encountering the error:

'Your receipt number does not match the form number and form subtype selected. Please enter the information again.'

I've double-checked the receipt number, and it is correct. I'm unable to find any specific 'I-797C' or 'I-485' forms related to DV applications in the list, except for 'Other.' Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?"
Which number are you typing in? Is it the number listed on the acceptance receipt (the NOA) received after your package was accepted by the Lockbox?

1. Again, refilling the case will be a violation of what? Anyway, I wouldn’t have listed it as an option if it wasn’t. You can include such a letter if you like, personally I wouldn’t.

Like I already stated (twice to be precise), if you're initiating option 1, then all the other options are moot.
Alright, I got it. Thanks for the info. I'll be file a new application. Last time, I mistakenly sent the original DV fee payment confirmation with the "paid" stamp. Now, I'll need to pay for it again, right?

Which number are you typing in? Is it the number listed on the acceptance receipt (the NOA) received after your package was accepted by the Lockbox?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is correct.

Attachments

• Receipt_Number.jpg
    Receipt_Number.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 15
For supporting documentation (IRS transcripts).

1. Have people been accessing these through the IRS website?
2. Or is a print-out of the yearly tax returns that were submitted sufficient?

Alright, I got it. Thanks for the info. I'll be file a new application. Last time, I mistakenly sent the original DV fee payment confirmation with the "paid" stamp. Now, I'll need to pay for it again, right?
Did you keep a copy of it? You can use that. If you don’t have a copy, you can email the KCC and request a copy of the payment receipt.

NOTE: You do not have to disclose to the KCC that you previously received the original by mail, or that you’ve already used it, or that your initial AOS application was denied hence your need for a new copy. You can use your own imagination to come up with a reason for the request.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is correct.
That’s interesting. Okay try selecting family based as the applicable type instead of other and see if the system accepts it. If it doesn’t, I would say just wait until you go in for the bio appointment.

For supporting documentation (IRS transcripts).

1. Have people been accessing these through the IRS website?
2. Or is a print-out of the yearly tax returns that were submitted sufficient?
The tax transcript provided by the IRS is a summary of the tax returns. USCIS prefers the tax transcripts in place of the tax returns.

1. USCIS does not create nor send account access codes for DV cases.
2. Yes, it is normal.

p.s. it helps when forum username matches what is listed on the Timeline spreadsheet, so consider updating your username on the Timeline spreadsheet.
Thank you for your support, there is no any update yet. I m going to change my name
On the list

Hi Mom,

My case number is AS10xxx, and I'm hopeful that next month our case number will become current. I am the main applicant, and my current visa status is F1. Initially, my visa was F-2, but I successfully changed my status last year via USCIS, completing the biometrics process for this change in June 2023. My wife is also an F1 student. We are both currently studying in Oklahoma.

We are planning to travel to California from mid-May to August for a business trip related to my wife's internship. However, this raises some questions regarding our I-485 application and our address information.
  1. Since we will be relocating to California in the middle of May, we're uncertain whether it's better to write our address on the I-485 application to reflect our California address or to keep it as our current address in Oklahoma. We should mention that we do have Oklahoma driving licenses, and our address in California is not yet certain, as it is a short-term sublease.
  2. My second concern is regarding my eligibility to reside in California while my wife has a work permit allowing her to be there during the summer. Can I legally list our California address on the I-485 application, considering that my current I-20 is for Oklahoma?
All in all, I know that our address will affect our biometrics and interview place. Our home in Oklahoma will remain as normal during the time that we are in California, and we have access to our mailbox with the aid of our friend.

That’s interesting. Okay try selecting family based as the applicable type instead of other and see if the system accepts it. If it doesn’t, I would say just wait until you go in for the bio appointment.
"Family Based" subtype has worked out. Thanks for your help!

Hi Mom,

My case number is AS10xxx, and I'm hopeful that next month our case number will become current. I am the main applicant, and my current visa status is F1. Initially, my visa was F-2, but I successfully changed my status last year via USCIS, completing the biometrics process for this change in June 2023. My wife is also an F1 student. We are both currently studying in Oklahoma.

We are planning to travel to California from mid-May to August for a business trip related to my wife's internship. However, this raises some questions regarding our I-485 application and our address information.
  1. Since we will be relocating to California in the middle of May, we're uncertain whether it's better to write our address on the I-485 application to reflect our California address or to keep it as our current address in Oklahoma. We should mention that we do have Oklahoma driving licenses, and our address in California is not yet certain, as it is a short-term sublease.
  2. My second concern is regarding my eligibility to reside in California while my wife has a work permit allowing her to be there during the summer. Can I legally list our California address on the I-485 application, considering that my current I-20 is for Oklahoma?
All in all, I know that our address will affect our biometrics and interview place. Our home in Oklahoma will remain as normal during the time that we are in California, and we have access to our mailbox with the aid of our friend.
Since your relocation to CA is a temporary move and you'll continue to have access to your mailbox in OK, my recommendation is to use your OK address (even if you'll be filing while already in CA). There's no guarantee you'll be able to complete the process in CA before you'll have to move back to OK, which will could create unnecessary complications for you if that were to happen.

Hello, Mom,
I have written about this before, but despite applying in January, I have not received confirmation or an appointment date. When I look at the list, some of those who applied in January, February or even March have received their confirmations or interview dates. I know it can be different but how can I make sure that everything is going well? January 12 is our application date, February 5 is our biometric appointment date.
My list name is Can

Did you keep a copy of it? You can use that. If you don’t have a copy, you can email the KCC and request a copy of the payment receipt.

NOTE: You do not have to disclose to the KCC that you previously received the original by mail, or that you’ve already used it, or that your initial AOS application was denied hence your need for a new copy. You can use your own imagination to come up with a reason for the request.
Hey, so today I got everything ready to go. Printed out all the documents with translations, got the i-485 ready, and went to the doc for the i-693. Basically, I'm all set to send everything out today, except I'm missing the receipt from KCC. I emailed them last night explaining that the receipt got lost somehow and I'm not sure if I even received it. I made it clear that without that receipt, I can't send my docs to USCIS or they might reject my case. This morning, they replied with "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department." Now, I'm not sure if that means they'll send my request to the right folks and get back to me, or if they'll just pass the info directly to USCIS. So, I emailed them again asking for an electronic receipt or payment confirmation so I can include something as proof of payment with my submission. I have bank transactions showing the payment, but I'm not sure if I should wait for KCC's response, maybe by Monday, or just try to send everything out today.

Hey, so today I got everything ready to go. Printed out all the documents with translations, got the i-485 ready, and went to the doc for the i-693. Basically, I'm all set to send everything out today, except I'm missing the receipt from KCC. I emailed them last night explaining that the receipt got lost somehow and I'm not sure if I even received it. I made it clear that without that receipt, I can't send my docs to USCIS or they might reject my case. This morning, they replied with "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department." Now, I'm not sure if that means they'll send my request to the right folks and get back to me, or if they'll just pass the info directly to USCIS. So, I emailed them again asking for an electronic receipt or payment confirmation so I can include something as proof of payment with my submission. I have bank transactions showing the payment, but I'm not sure if I should wait for KCC's response, maybe by Monday, or just try to send everything out today.
Hello, I had to request the receipt from KCC via email, and the statement "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department." was exactly what I received. They sent it to me within 5 days of my request in a separate email. So, I think you'll receive it today or next week.

Hello, I had to request the receipt from KCC via email, and the statement "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department." was exactly what I received. They sent it to me within 5 days of my request in a separate email. So, I think you'll receive it today or next week.
Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to wait it out. Hoping I can manage to send the documents to USCIS by early May. Could you show or explain what this email is all about? Do they have copies of our payments, or are they sending something else?

Hello, Mom,
I have written about this before, but despite applying in January, I have not received confirmation or an appointment date. When I look at the list, some of those who applied in January, February or even March have received their confirmations or interview dates. I know it can be different but how can I make sure that everything is going well? January 12 is our application date, February 5 is our biometric appointment date.
My list name is Can
It is not unusual for folks who applied after you to have been interviewed or received their GC before you. That is because each FO handles the process differently. You can only compare your timeline to that of someone from the same FO as you, and not the other FOs. There is one case listed on the 2023 Timeline from the same Fairfax VA as you. While that case was approved without an interview (which is great, especially if your FO decides to do the same thing this year), it certainly did not experience the prolonged wait you've seem to been experiencing. So it is possible your background check clearance may still be pending, and if that is the case, your FO clearly cannot proceed with approving the case until that clears.

There's no way for you to make sure everything is going well, unfortunately. If the delay has to do with background check clearance, you'll just have to remain patient. More often than not, it is not possible to know what the cause of the delay is. However, you can initiate a congressional case inquiry at this point. If the delay is due to your FO loosing sight of your case, the congressional inquiry will at least bring it back to your FO's attention.