• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

My good people. I have 2 words, Wow & Thank you.

Wow because for many selectees, myself included, the DV2018 journey has come to a painful end with the August VB. More so to the AF region which was already current. Well, that was something;). The thought of living the American dream was quite tempting to say the least. You know, in a dream come true kind of way.

Thank you because God has blessed us in countless other ways. I am so grateful. Thank you God. A big thank you to the wonderful individuals in this forum led by @Britsimon. The ever helpful @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ, @Guriix and many other wonderful people including my Kenyan brothers and sisters who spend their precious time giving their wise counsel to selectees, applicants and passerby's. Thank you for being patient and keeping your cool even during some very tense moments. Many success stories on the DV process can be directly attributed to your hard work. You have all been like family. God bless you guys.

For all the lucky ones, so happy for you all and all the best in your future endevours. Make the DV fam proud. For those who missed out, keep trying, keep your heads held up high despite the unfortunate end to this journey. Be kind, be generous, be happy and keep the faith :)

Cheers!

I’m so sorry for how this particular journey is ending for you. But I like your attitude to it. Keep your chin up and all the best as you move on!

Wow because for many selectees, myself included, the DV2018 journey has come to a painful end with the August VB. More so to the AF region which was already current. Well, that was something;). The thought of living the American dream was quite tempting to say the least. You know, in a dream come true kind of way.

Thank you because God has blessed us in countless other ways. I am so grateful. Thank you God. A big thank you to the wonderful individuals in this forum led by @Britsimon. The ever helpful @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ, @Guriix and many other wonderful people including my Kenyan brothers and sisters who spend their precious time giving their wise counsel to selectees, applicants and passerby's. Thank you for being patient and keeping your cool even during some very tense moments. Many success stories on the DV process can be directly attributed to your hard work. You have all been like family. God bless you guys.

For all the lucky ones, so happy for you all and all the best in your future endevours. Make the DV fam proud. For those who missed out, keep trying, keep your heads held up high despite the unfortunate end to this journey. Be kind, be generous, be happy and keep the faith :)

Cheers!

I have seen many instances of extraordinary grace in several posts from people accepting such disappointment today. This is another such post. So sad this happened. It was a weird year.

Cheers!
I like how positive you are. Indeed your time shall come. I'm still waiting for my results from IOM next week is the 8th week... and now I'm worried about getting a new interview date. Oh well hope it goes well if not I'll try again next year.

Cheers!
Thank you too chief. Just one question, we were all (AF) current in July VB, did you receive your 2NL before August VB came out and messed up kila kitu?.

Cheers!

Wow ....!! Sad to hear this....your post made me check the VB for August.....was shocked!!! :eek::eek::(:(with CN 39500 cut off....I thought Africa went current.... :mad::mad:

I believe KCC messed up somewhere.... Did my meds on Wednesday... There were a couple of dv selectees doing meds....I met someone with CN 35*** range and I was amazed we will interview on the same day in August despite him going current on June VB...plus I met a person With CN 49*** doing meds he had his letter with him so I am confused does it mean no interview for the CN 49*** person....or is this away for KCC to cover up its mess...people who went current eg CN 46*** and never got their 2NL to keep quite n stop making inquiries to KCC!!!...does it mean by mid August Africa quota will have maxed out...!!

I am confused.... Sorry to hear this pal.... I know the feeling it happened to me in 2014....but I kept on trying...and I was lucky again on the fourth try...saw someone who was locked out in 2014 from OC and now was selected again for 2019....wish u all the best buddy!!

Thank you too chief. Just one question, we were all (AF) current in July VB, did you receive your 2NL before August VB came out and messed up kila kitu?.
Hey @Jay2017, yeah AF went current with the July VB. However, i did not receive my 2NL. August VB came out and AF retrogressed and maxed out at 39,500. It is so weird because like @utamaduni has pointed out, there is someone with an AF49XXX who got a 2NL and had the medicals done. I am AF42XXX but never received mine despite completing my DS260 months ago. I really hope guys with a CN higher than 39,500 who got 2NL's get interviews and visas. But based on the information coming out, this might not happen.

Wow ....!! Sad to hear this....your post made me check the VB for August.....was shocked!!! :eek::eek::(:(with CN 39500 cut off....I thought Africa went current.... :mad::mad:

I believe KCC messed up somewhere.... Did my meds on Wednesday... There were a couple of dv selectees doing meds....I met someone with CN 35*** range and I was amazed we will interview on the same day in August despite him going current on June VB...plus I met a person With CN 49*** doing meds he had his letter with him so I am confused does it mean no interview for the CN 49*** person....or is this away for KCC to cover up its mess...people who went current eg CN 46*** and never got their 2NL to keep quite n stop making inquiries to KCC!!!...does it mean by mid August Africa quota will have maxed out...!!

I am confused.... Sorry to hear this pal.... I know the feeling it happened to me in 2014....but I kept on trying...and I was lucky again on the fourth try...saw someone who was locked out in 2014 from OC and now was selected again for 2019....wish u all the best buddy!!
Thanks mate. Its a crazy year this one. Check out @Britsimon's blog on this link http://britsimonsays.com/vb-for-september-2018-interviews-released/

Hey @Jay2017, yeah AF went current with the July VB. However, i did not receive my 2NL. August VB came out and AF retrogressed and maxed out at 39,500. It is so weird because like @utamaduni has pointed out, there is someone with an AF49XXX who got a 2NL and had the medicals done. I am AF42XXX but never received mine despite completing my DS260 months ago. I really hope guys with a CN higher than 39,500 who got 2NL's get interviews and visas. But based on the information coming out, this might not happen.
I am in the same boat. My CN is 48XXX and I received my 2NL and have done everything ; was just waiting for the interview!.

I am in the same boat. My CN is 48XXX and I received my 2NL and have done everything ; was just waiting for the interview!.
If you have yours doesn't it mean you should attend the interview? Cause if they don't want you to attend they should send an email right?

If you have yours doesn't it mean you should attend the interview? Cause if they don't want you to attend they should send an email right?
That's what I'm waiting. Some guys who are in the same situation called KCC and they were told if the interview is already booked, then it will go on as planned.

It’s perfectly reasonable to expect that they will contact you if they intend to cancel the interview.

Let's wait for the 2NL letters next week. We will know our fate clearly.

They won’t send out new 2NLs to people who have already received them. Next week’s ones are for September interviews anyway. Yours is August, right?

They won’t send out new 2NLs to people who have already received them. Next week’s ones are for September interviews anyway. Yours is August, right?
Yes mine is for August interview. My dilemma is that those of us who are over cut off and received 2NL for August, what will happen to our slots in August interview; because they can't send some 2NL for September CN's to go for interview in August...the timeframe is small.

Last edited:
That's what I'm waiting. Some guys who are in the same situation called KCC and they were told if the interview is already booked, then it will go on as planned.
Yes I believe it should. All the best to you. I hope I won't have any problems with rescheduling an interview

I like how positive you are. Indeed your time shall come. I'm still waiting for my results from IOM next week is the 8th week... and now I'm worried about getting a new interview date. Oh well hope it goes well if not I'll try again next year.
Hope it all goes well. Keep us updated. We're rooting for you :)