• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

An ordinary passport. Number of pages shouldn't matter. It should also be the one you updated on your DS260.

Thanks Africana. I haven't updated my DS260 because I reached that point of filling your passport number and I have never had one. I am applying one now.

Yes. But its very difficult. I will have to go to Nairobi for the passport alone and I think it will be the same for the medical test
For passport applications, i believe we only have the Mombasa and Nairobi ( Nyayo Hse) offices. For other parts of the country, not so sure. The medicals have to be done at IOM in Nairobi. I know its going to be a long process but think of how lucky you are to get an opportunity to live/work in the USA.

NB: I also advise you to post your queries or updates on the DV 2019 Kenya Selectees forum.

Cheers!

Thanks Africana. I haven't updated my DS260 because I reached that point of filling your passport number and I have never had one. I am applying one now.

You can fill and submit the DS260 form without a passport number by selecting ‘other travel documents’ in place of a passport. After getting the passport, you email KCC and request for them to unlock your form, following which you’ll change the travel document back to “passport”, fill out the passport number and resubmit the Ds260 form.

And please follow @Afrikana’s suggestion of posting subsequent questions on the 2019 thread for Kenyan selectees.

You can fill and submit the DS260 form without a passport number by selecting ‘other travel documents’ in place of a passport. After getting the passport, you email KCC and request for them to unlock your form, following which you’ll change the travel document back to “passport”, fill out the passport number and resubmit the Ds260 form.

And please follow @Afrikana’s suggestion of posting subsequent questions on the 2019 thread for Kenyan selectees.
I surely will. Thanks a lot.

I surely will. Thanks a lot.

Hi. Is there any risk in first filling @Other travel document in form DS260? I mean, what if they don't answer my email, what happens if I don't change to 'passport'?

Hi. Is there any risk in first filling @Other travel document in form DS260? I mean, what if they don't answer my email, what happens if I don't change to 'passport'?
What is your Case Number?
When quoting your CN, please omit the last 3 characters e.g. 2019AF29XXX

Remember the DS260 can be unlocked at any point before you are scheduled for your interview, which depending on your Case Number might be months away. KCC to my knowledge will always respond to email requests to unlock the DS260. In the unlikely event they fail to do so or take too long, you can always follow up with a phone call. I've unlocked mine twice with no issues so dont worry.

Follow @Sm1smom's advise.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Im the main applicant and i have 2 derivatives. For the medicals, suppose i get my 2NL then schedule my medicals with IOM,

1. Will we all be scheduled to undergo the tests on the same day?

2. Approximately how long do the medical tests and the results take?

1. Medicals are conducted over 2 days.
2. If there are no issues they give you the Medical CD on the 2nd day.

Great! Thank you.

If u r in Nairobi ...u can go and book meds in person....while at it carry all the derivatives PP with you....if not book via email and the form they send u... Fill in you derivatives... Plus scan all the Bio pages of the PP and send....!!

If u r in Nairobi ...u can go and book meds in person....while at it carry all the derivatives PP with you....if not book via email and the form they send u... Fill in you derivatives... Plus scan all the Bio pages of the PP and send....!!
Thanks. Will do.

I now have another problems. I thought I was the only one to be interviewed but it seems my wife and children will have to go through the same process as me which includes applying for passports and the medical tests too if I want them to accompany me within six months. If there is no other way round, I may be having a real problem

I now have another problems. I thought I was the only one to be interviewed but it seems my wife and children will have to go through the same process as me which includes applying for passports and the medical tests too if I want them to accompany me within six months. If there is no other way round, I may be having a real problem
I'm still trying to understand what problem you're experiencing. I'm also guessing you did not go through the information regarding the DV process on https://dvlottery.state.gov/
You actually need to do that asap. You can also though the various DV forums on this blog to understand some of these concepts.

As Afrikana says, all clearly explained in the link. How did you expect them to travel without passports, at the very least? But yes indeed interview and medical, birth certificates for everyone, as well as police certificate for anyone over 16. And of course the interview fee for everyone. The only thing that is just you is proving eligibility.

You’re a DV2019 selectee, stop posting on the 2018 thread! And go through the link @Afrikana has provided you with. You need to pay attention and follow instructions in order to succeed with this selection.

My good people. I have 2 words, Wow & Thank you.

Wow because for many selectees, myself included, the DV2018 journey has come to a painful end with the August VB. More so to the AF region which was already current. Well, that was something;). The thought of living the American dream was quite tempting to say the least. You know, in a dream come true kind of way.

Thank you because God has blessed us in countless other ways. I am so grateful. Thank you God. A big thank you to the wonderful individuals in this forum led by @Britsimon. The ever helpful @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ, @Guriix and many other wonderful people including my Kenyan brothers and sisters who spend their precious time giving their wise counsel to selectees, applicants and passerby's. Thank you for being patient and keeping your cool even during some very tense moments. Many success stories on the DV process can be directly attributed to your hard work. You have all been like family. God bless you guys.

For all the lucky ones, so happy for you all and all the best in your future endevours. Make the DV fam proud. For those who missed out, keep trying, keep your heads held up high despite the unfortunate end to this journey. Be kind, be generous, be happy and keep the faith :)

Cheers!

Wow because for many selectees, myself included, the DV2018 journey has come to a painful end with the August VB. More so to the AF region which was already current. Well, that was something;). The thought of living the American dream was quite tempting to say the least. You know, in a dream come true kind of way.

Thank you because God has blessed us in countless other ways. I am so grateful. Thank you God. A big thank you to the wonderful individuals in this forum led by @Britsimon. The ever helpful @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ, @Guriix and many other wonderful people including my Kenyan brothers and sisters who spend their precious time giving their wise counsel to selectees, applicants and passerby's. Thank you for being patient and keeping your cool even during some very tense moments. Many success stories on the DV process can be directly attributed to your hard work. You have all been like family. God bless you guys.

For all the lucky ones, so happy for you all and all the best in your future endevours. Make the DV fam proud. For those who missed out, keep trying, keep your heads held up high despite the unfortunate end to this journey. Be kind, be generous, be happy and keep the faith :)

Cheers!

So sorry :( wishing you best of luck for wherever the future takes you.

Cheers!
Just did my medical last week Tuesday. This is a complete mess!