1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2018 EU Selectees

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Sm1smom, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Xarthisius

Xarthisius New Member

Hi Ireeln

1. Yes. Just bring both of them for CP / send both copies in the AOS package. (Similar question http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-28#post-2440934 , Mom's answer is right below)

2. What do you mean by "how old"? Passport is valid immediately starting from the issuance date. It might be as well the same day you have the interview.

Cheers

2. Ireeln

Ireeln New Member

@Xarthisius thank you so much for those replies about how old for the passport for example the expiry date mine is in 2019 so for example how much prior to the expiry date should the passport be valid to get the visa. I hope you get my question haah thank you so much :)

3. Xarthisius

Xarthisius New Member

Oh, I get it. How long can you travel to US with a GC and a passport before it expires? I don't know the answer to that. I don't think the usual "at least for the duration of stay" (for most EU countries) or "at least for the duration of stay + 6 months" (for all the others) applies in that scenario because it no longer makes sense. I'd guess just valid on the day of entry should be enough, but let's wait for someone more knowledgeable to answer.

Update: Just to back up my statement. I have two current visas in my old passport (one valid till August 2017 and one valid till Dec 2021). Both were stamped into passport that was valid till Feb 2017.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  4. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Smallland likes this.