• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hello, and thanks for your valuable input.

Can you recommend an Attorney to help through the AOS process in order to avoid mistakes?

Sorry I don't know nor can I recommend one. I'm already spending countless hours helping selectees who are willing to put in the required effort through the process.

Without meaning to sound immodest, I can proudly say there's no immigration lawyer out there that knows as much as we do with regards to the DV process. The only time I recommend someone seek the assistance of a lawyer is if they have other issues with their status. Otherwise the process is simple enough.

Exactly, that is why I'm looking for a recommendation for someone that is familiar with the process. Any recommendation please. Also, does it help to have an attorney during the interview?

You already came to the place where people who are familiar with the process are responding to your questions. But feel free to hire someone to basically fill out the forms and submit on your behalf - and there's no guarantee that someone wouldn't make a mistake or submit in a timely manner. We have countless stories of selectees who hired attorneys at the beginning of the process only to come here and tell us the mistakes their lawyers made(since they're not familiar with DV cases) seek guidance on what next to do.

Having an attorney does not hasten the process nor guarantee a successful interview. But feel free to hire one if it makes you feel better.

Hi @Nick1234 I do certify what @Sm1smom has told you no immigration lawyer knows as much as he does he helped me go through the AOS process when my d-i-l and and son became winners of the 2017 DV. Believe me this guy knows A LOT and I´m pretty sure you will appreciate his valuable contribution in this forum.:cool:

Hi @Nick1234 I do certify what @Sm1smom has told you no immigration lawyer knows as much as he does he helped me go through the AOS process when my d-i-l and and son became winners of the 2017 DV. Believe me this guy knows A LOT and I´m pretty sure you will appreciate his valuable contribution in this forum.:cool:

Oh wow! Thanks for the endorsement - considering I gave you such a hard time for your involvement in your D-I-L and son's case :D Anyway, hope both are enjoying their new LPR statuses.

No worries, you're not the only one. Some members have actually assumed Simon as in @Britsimon and I are one and same person :D

True. I have also been accused of being a classroom full of Indian law students, and just recently I have a Russian guy repeatedly asking me to reveal my government affiliation. I might change my name to James Bond.

True. I have also been accused of being a classroom full of Indian law students, and just recently I have a Russian guy repeatedly asking me to reveal my government affiliation. I might change my name to James Bond.

Oh yeah, remember I'm one of Indian law students in that classroom with you. And yup, I saw the repeated questions from that guy about who you are on your blog. :D

Oh yeah, remember I'm one of Indian law students in that classroom with you. And yup, I saw the repeated questions from that guy about who you are on your blog. :D

LOLOL oh that's right - we were in the class together.

I'm flattered you find the time to read some of the responses on the blog!!

Hi sm1smom,

Do you have an idea or perhaps know who to ask/where to verify about how early should the bank statements be dated, to provide financial support? Is a year enough?

Thanks

Hi sm1smom,

Do you have an idea or perhaps know who to ask/where to verify about how early should the bank statements be dated, to provide financial support? Is a year enough?

Thanks

The bank statements should be very recent - a year old bank statement is out of date.

Hi,
I have a couple of questions related to the AOS package:

1) Do I need to provide a copy of all the past visas or just the one that enabled me to perform AOS, i.e. current stay?
2) For other cases in USCIS, I always sent a copy of passport page with the stamp of admittance matching my current I94. Isn't it necessary here too?
3) If 1) is true, I assume all DS2019 for past J's are also required?
4) Is there any form related to H1b that I should get from my employer (like it was with DS2019 for J)?
5) Do I send a copy of all expired EADs or just the most recent one?
6) For other educational degrees (except for the high school diploma), do I copy/translate everything or just the highest degree will do?
7) Translations submitted to USCIS don't need to be notarized, do they? The usual: "I... fluent in both ... and english..." blurb is enough?

TIA!

Hi,
I have a couple of questions related to the AOS package:

1) Do I need to provide a copy of all the past visas or just the one that enabled me to perform AOS, i.e. current stay?
2) For other cases in USCIS, I always sent a copy of passport page with the stamp of admittance matching my current I94. Isn't it necessary here too?
3) If 1) is true, I assume all DS2019 for past J's are also required?
4) Is there any form related to H1b that I should get from my employer (like it was with DS2019 for J)?
5) Do I send a copy of all expired EADs or just the most recent one?
6) For other educational degrees (except for the high school diploma), do I copy/translate everything or just the highest degree will do?
7) Translations submitted to USCIS don't need to be notarized, do they? The usual: "I... fluent in both ... and english..." blurb is enough?

TIA!

1. Provide all if you have them
2. Not necessary
3. Provide copies if you have them
4. No, the I797 from USCIS is all you need
5. Send them if you have them
6. Any certificate not in English you plan on submitting must be translated
7. Translated copies only need to be certified