• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hi I have a question. Our child was born after entry period (in december 2016) Now, we want to add child as a applicant in DS 260 form, and Im not sure about uploading birth certificate document file, can I just upload original document ( in native language) or it should be translated to english. Thanks :)

Hi I have a question. Our child was born after entry period (in december 2016) Now, we want to add child as a applicant in DS 260 form, and Im not sure about uploading birth certificate document file, can I just upload original document ( in native language) or it should be translated to english. Thanks :)

Include the baby in the DS260 and when the interview is scheduled present the original and translated birth certificates then

@Britsimon I got selected for DV 2018 but what if the CO ask the question have you ever applied to DV visa.MY family applied but i was young should for example i say yes but i dont know how many times or what . because i know you gotta be honest thank you so much

@Britsimon I got selected for DV 2018 but what if the CO ask the question have you ever applied to DV visa.MY family applied but i was young should for example i say yes but i dont know how many times or what . because i know you gotta be honest thank you so much

Just say, your family applied when you were young but you don't know how many times. It's not a material question. Anyway it wasn't even technically you applying.

I am looking to gather my documents for the interview. One requirement is getting police certificates from countries you lived 6+ months. I am trying to get an Canadian police certificate and I am confused if I need to do fingerprinting or not. Anyone knows? Thanks!

"have ***YOU*** ever applied to DV visa"
Answer - no.

@Britsimon can there be a problem that i missed one letter on my high school name for example my high school name is Gjin Gazulli but i missed the i and typed GJIN GAZULL only is that a problem thank you so much for your fast responses :D

Hi guys thanks for this forus. I would like to know so info about DS 260. Do I need to upload all the civil documents together with immunization slip online or just fill the document without uploading. Please respond. Thanks

@Britsimon can there be a problem that i missed one letter on my high school name for example my high school name is Gjin Gazulli but i missed the i and typed GJIN GAZULL only is that a problem thank you so much for your fast responses :D

Some embassies - those from countries considered fraudulently high- could deny due to that.

Hi guys thanks for this forus. I would like to know so info about DS 260. Do I need to upload all the civil documents together with immunization slip online or just fill the document without uploading. Please respond. Thanks

There's no requirement you plaid civil documents with the DS260 form.

ARE WE talking about the name of the school itself, or your name as shown on school documents?

If it is the school name, it's no problem at all. If it is your own name, just make sure you correct the name in the ds260. Then, take any additional proof that the educational documents are yours.

ARE WE talking about the name of the school itself, or your name as shown on school documents?

If it is the school name, it's no problem at all. If it is your own name, just make sure you correct the name in the ds260. Then, take any additional proof that the educational documents are yours.

Oh! Good catch on that. I missed the "school" part and I assumed the OP was referring to their eDV registration.

its About school name i missed one Letter i i hope thats not a big problem thank you so much

Like Simon said, that's not a big deal. But if it's bothering you and you want to put your mind at rest, contact KCC to unlock your DS260 and make the correction.

Like Simon said, that's not a big deal. But if it's bothering you and you want to put your mind at rest, contact KCC to unlock your DS260 and make the correction.
Can that be a problem tho if they take so long and probably cant process it cuz i unlocked it once, Btw can my number be selected for interview EU201825xxx

Hello everyone!

As a selectee for the DV2018 I am super excited and impatient to hopefully move to the US.

I have few questions based on my situation and selectee number: 2018EU00021xxx

- As I was born on the island of Guadeloupe, which is 100% french, just like Hawaii for the US, I selected France as a country, however, the DV lottery website listed also Guadeloupe as a country (which is not a a country on its own at all, as it's 100% french). Some forum post for 2012 seems to indicate this is not an issue, but just wanted to get confirmation from your expert knowledge that this will not be an issue.

- I will be moving to another european country, but have listed the Paris embassy for my interview preference. Should I keep it this way, or should I change to my new address? Would the new embassy understand that Guadeloupe is part of France and not pose any issues? (I will be keeping my parisian address)

- I filled the DS260 2 days after the results, will this make the application go faster and the interview be quicker?

- As my job requires me to travel a lot, are there any restrictions of travels I should observe before the interview? (Iran, other middle-easter countries?)

- Can I travel to US while waiting for the interview for tourist visits under the Visa Waiver program?

- When receiving the invitation for the interview, how long of a lead time do we have and is it possible to choose/modify the interview date ?

Thank you so much for clarifying some of the questions I have! :)

Last edited:
Can that be a problem tho if they take so long and probably cant process it cuz i unlocked it once, Btw can my number be selected for interview EU201825xxx

You guys need to stop worrying about potential delays caused by unlocking your form. If there's cause to unlock and make changes, you're better off doing so. Don't you think it's better to be delayed (should there be cause for it) than be denied due to a fixable error that never got fixed because of the fear of a delayed interview?

I don't engage in number crunching or guesstimating but I believe EU25xxx is a safe number.

You guys need to stop worrying about potential delays caused by unlocking your form. If there's cause to unlock and make changes, you're better off doing so. Don't you think it's better to be delayed (should there be cause for it) than be denied due to a fixable error that never got fixed because of the fear of a delayed interview?

I don't engage in number crunching or guesstimating but I believe EU25xxx is a safe number.
Thank you so much man i appreciate it btw one more question that i have i mentioned a name at the Name of person currently living at address at the Permanent Address but he doesnt live there any more should i change it at the person who is living there currently, cuz the name i mentioned used to live there but moved.

Hello everyone!

As a selectee for the DV2018 I am super excited and impatient to hopefully move to the US.

I have few questions based on my situation and selectee number: 2018EU00021xxx

- As I was born on the island of Guadeloupe, which is 100% french, just like Hawaii for the US, I selected France as a country, however, the DV lottery website listed also Guadeloupe as a country (which is not a a country on its own at all, as it's 100% french). Some forum post for 2012 seems to indicate this is not an issue, but just wanted to get confirmation from your expert knowledge that this will not be an issue.

- I will be moving to another european country, but have listed the Paris embassy for my interview preference. Should I keep it this way, or should I change to my new address? Would the new embassy understand that Guadeloupe is part of France and not pose any issues? (I will be keeping my parisian address)

- I filled the DS260 2 days after the results, will this make the application go faster and the interview be quicker?

- As my job requires me to travel a lot, are there any restrictions of travels I should observe before the interview? (Iran, other middle-easter countries?)

- Can I travel to US while waiting for the interview for tourist visits under the Visa Waiver program?

- When receiving the invitation for the interview, how long of a lead time do we have and is it possible to choose/modify the interview date ?

Thank you so much for clarifying some of the questions I have! :)

1. You should be fine since they're both under the EU region.

2. Since you're maintaining your Parisian address, I'll recommend keeping it simple by sticking to the Paris Embassy.

3. Interview months are largely based on when the CN becomes current in addition to how early the form was submitted - submitting the DS 260 form 2 days after the result isn't necessarily going to make your interview faster or quicker than before your CN becomes current.

4. There are no restrictions, however trips to certain countries may subject you to prolonged AP (Administrative Processing) - meaning a prolonged background check may be required before you get approved.

5. Yes you can - be sure to truthfully answer all questions asked when applying for the ESTA and at the POE.

6. 6 - 8 weeks notice is usually given for the interview. You cannot choose the initial date, KCC schedules the appointment. Some embassies are open to rescheduling, it's however not something we often encourage as you may need to cancel the current appointment before rescheduling and you may end up waiting for a long time before getting a new date.