• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

CHILL!! R.E.L.A.X!!! Not everyone gets approved the same day of their interview. You are freaking out needlessly - and not quite an hour after your interview.

Plus the IO knows they need to request your KCC file, he told you he's waiting for a file from DOS, didn't he?

Thanks a lot Mom for the reply. Yeah he said so. I was freaked out because KCC lady I talked with today said he did not request it and asked me to call them everyday to make them ask the file, but there is actually no contactable number in FO (only a recording) and the infopass appointments available are only after one in two weeks. And was worried since he said he will approve today itself if there is no problem and didn't. But you are right, everything will be fine hopefully. Your reply sure did make me feel better, just as always.

I very much doubt that. NBC does not wait until the background check clears up before forwarding AOS case files to the applicable FO. We have several reports of people who completed the interview but couldn't get approved because the background checks haven't cleared as in the case of @MGHope above. Those people wouldn't have had their interview if NBC was still holding on to their AOS case files as claimed by your FO.

Some FOs sometimes make that claim because they are trying to present a 'reasonable' excuse for not scheduling the interview and do not want petitioners to keep bothering. You should ask yourself, how are they able to tell your case file falls within their jurisdiction if they're yet to receive it?
Hi Mom,
Today I called to KCC and finally they confirmed that FO requested my file. They said FO should have it by next Wednesday. Do you think it is a good sign?

Hey Mom

Heres my situation

I had my biotmetrics on Aug 7th and I still havent had a request for Interview

I went to have an Infopass last friday (in LA) and the officer told me that he could see the interview was waiting to be scheduled since 17th Aug.
He said that the letter will usually arrive 1.5 - 2 weeks after that date. I am yet to receive it!
What do you think my next course of action should be?
I called the KCC and the woman i spoke to had no clue what 'biometrics' even was.. so that was useless!

I appreciate all of your help on this forum. You're the best x

Hey Mom

Heres my situation

I had my biotmetrics on Aug 7th and I still havent had a request for Interview

I went to have an Infopass last friday (in LA) and the officer told me that he could see the interview was waiting to be scheduled since 17th Aug.
He said that the letter will usually arrive 1.5 - 2 weeks after that date. I am yet to receive it!
What do you think my next course of action should be?
I called the KCC and the woman i spoke to had no clue what 'biometrics' even was.. so that was useless!

I appreciate all of your help on this forum. You're the best x

If you only had bio on Aug 17th, which means you filed not too long ago, its not unusual for you to not have an IL by now.

Calling KCC is a waste of time. Again it makes sense for them to know nothing about the bio, KCC has nothing to do with the AOS process.

Pay another visit to your FO.

Its been three days since the interview and he still hasn't requested the KCC file. I thought they request it right after the interview at least.There is no way to contact anybody from USCIS either :'(

Hi Mom,
It's been over 6 months since I got my green card. A few days ago I noticed that my 15 year old daughter's green card category is D1, which is for diversity principal, new arrival. We filed Adjustment of Status so I think her category should be D6. I am not sure if I'm right or wrong, so could you please tell me what you think? I don't want for her to have any problems when she is applying for a citizenship.
Thank you.

Hi Mom,
It's been over 6 months since I got my green card. A few days ago I noticed that my 15 year old daughter's green card category is D1, which is for diversity principal, new arrival. We filed Adjustment of Status so I think her category should be D6. I am not sure if I'm right or wrong, so could you please tell me what you think? I don't want for her to have any problems when she is applying for a citizenship.
Thank you.

Yes your daughter's category should be DV8, there's an obvious error on the GC and I think it ought to be corrected to ensure her immigration record is accurate.

I would apply for a replacement card in this case. Since this is a USCIS error, there will be no fee for the replacement, the current GC would need to be submitted with the application. And mind you, a replacement card currently takes about 9 months to get issued, so this will not be a quick process.

Yes your daughter's category should be DV8, there's an obvious error on the GC and I think it ought to be corrected to ensure her immigration record is accurate.

I would apply for a replacement card in this case. Since this is a USCIS error, there will be no fee for the replacement, the current GC would need to be submitted with the application. And mind you, a replacement card currently takes about 9 months to get issued, so this will not be a quick process.

Hi Mom,
Thank you for the response. 9 months is a very long time, she needs her GC in order to visit her father in Japan. She goes there three times a year. Is it okay if I just ignore it? Are categories really important? It wasn't my mistake, and I could have just noticed the error 4 or 5 years later.

Hi Mom,
Thank you for the response. 9 months is a very long time, she needs her GC in order to visit her father in Japan. She goes there three times a year. Is it okay if I just ignore it? Are categories really important? It wasn't my mistake, and I could have just noticed the error 4 or 5 years later.

She can always get a temporary GC, i.e. an I-551 stamp from the FO on her passport if she needs to travel while the replacement GC is pending.

You can however ignore the error if you like, and live with the possibility of her having issues with her immigration records years down the road. Yes it wasn't your mistake, however that's the reason the GC came with a note that instructs the owner to take a close look at the and ensure the information contained is correct.

At least 9 months, my daughter did bio early Dec last year and we're still waiting .... and recently told its in process, this is just the normal wait at the moment!!

Hi Mom,

She can travel with the existing one until she gets the new one - that's what ny daughter did (unless you need to return the old one?)

At least 9 months, my daughter did bio early Dec last year and we're still waiting .... and recently told its in process, this is just the normal wait at the moment!!

She can travel with the existing one until she gets the new one - that's what ny daughter did (unless you need to return the old one?)

She's required to turn in the old one with the replacement application in this case. Yeah processing time is taking a bit longer now. When I had to apply for a replacement card for my son back in 2014, due to the middle name being replaced as the first name and vice versa, it took about 6 months to get the new one.

She can always get a temporary GC, i.e. an I-551 stamp from the FO on her passport if she needs to travel while the replacement GC is pending.

You can however ignore the error if you like, and live with the possibility of her having issues with her immigration records years down the road. Yes it wasn't your mistake, however that's the reason the GC came with a note that instructs the owner to take a close look at the and ensure the information contained is correct.

Just one more question. If she replaces her GC, will the dates on the card change? (the day she became a resident and the expiration date) I just want to make sure.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes it is.
Hi Mom,

Today I payed another infopass. On Sep 1st They received the case from KCC. On Aug 30th they requested the case from NBC but this request was cancelled and they did not explain the reason. Could you please let me understand what is happening?

Hi Mom,

Today I payed another infopass. On Sep 1st They received the case from KCC. On Aug 30th they requested the case from NBC but this request was cancelled and they did not explain the reason. Could you please let me understand what is happening?

I'm sorry I have no idea. The FO typically doesn't request the AOS petition from the NBC to the best of my knowledge so I have no idea what precisely it is they requested or why the request was canceled.

Did you confirm if your background check already cleared or is still pending?

We made a written request to the field office director to expedite the case. On the second day they requested the cases from KCC and NBC. They received the case from KCC but NBC cancelled the request. I tried to reach NBC at 800 number to find out what was the reason of canceling the request but unfortunately I 2nd level rep did not give me any specific information. Regarding background check they said they are checking the whole case and it is still in process.

We made a written request to the field office director to expedite the case. On the second day they requested the cases from KCC and NBC. They received the case from KCC but NBC cancelled the request. I tried to reach NBC at 800 number to find out what was the reason of canceling the request but unfortunately I 2nd level rep did not give me any specific information. Regarding background check they said they are checking the whole case and it is still in process.

When and how did you send the expedite request to your FO's Director?

Did you contact your congress person like I suggested on Aug. 29th?

First expedite request was done through 800 number. Based on that we received the letter from USCIS that we need to submit written request to Field office director to request expediting the case. Based on that we sent the letter to the field director and on the second day they received the letter they started doing requesting the cases from KCC and NBC. No I did not contact the congress person. I was waiting for today`s infopass. Do you think it worth to do it?