• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

I found very interesting this forum. Could you please help me understand what is really going with my dv case?
Case No 2017DV28xxx.
Day of acceptance: May,16
Bio: June, 22
Since that haven`t heard anything.
Placed an expedite request and received the letter saying that we need to send the request to the local USCIS office.
Also checked with the KCC and the main case is still with them and they have not received any request from USCIS.
I have an INFO scheduled in couple days.
Any ideas what could be the reason of the delay and why USCIS sent my that letter?

Hi Mom,

I found very interesting this forum. Could you please help me understand what is really going with my dv case?
Case No 2017DV28xxx.
Day of acceptance: May,16
Bio: June, 22
Since that haven`t heard anything.
Placed an expedite request and received the letter saying that we need to send the request to the local USCIS office.
Also checked with the KCC and the main case is still with them and they have not received any request from USCIS.
I have an INFO scheduled in couple days.
Any ideas what could be the reason of the delay and why USCIS sent my that letter?

Where and how did you send in the expedite request? The response you got doesn't make sense.

Which is your FO and which region are you chargeable to - the way you've listed your CN here also doesn't make any sense to me.

I'll wait for mom to give you details on the process but i desperately hope you are not paying this lawyer for not knowing what to do.
Hello,
Yes, she does not know what to do! I need urgent help. I received an email today stating that KCC has scheduled an appointment with the embassy abroad for me and my husband!! I emailed the embassy almost a month ago and requested an appointment for my husband, they requested my file from KCC. However, I did adjustment of status in the US as I was here and my husband is still in my country abroad. My lawyer was just able to send Form I-824 to the USCIS on Friday so it's not processed yet so I am sure the USCIS didn't inform the NVC, who didn't inform the embassy of my status change. In this case, what shall I do. Shall I ask my husband to just go to the appointment? The letter stated that both I and him should go.... I am very confused!

Where and how did you send in the expedite request? The response you got doesn't make sense.

Which is your FO and which region are you chargeable to - the way you've listed your CN here also doesn't make any sense to me.

I put the expedite request through USCIS 2nd level rep on the phone. Instead of expediting they responded that I need to ask Chicago field office director to expedite the case.

Hey all,

I was on an e3 work visa (non-immigrant intent) before getting my green card via AOS. Does anyone know if I need to get a new SS card?

Hello,
Yes, she does not know what to do! I need urgent help. I received an email today stating that KCC has scheduled an appointment with the embassy abroad for me and my husband!! I emailed the embassy almost a month ago and requested an appointment for my husband, they requested my file from KCC. However, I did adjustment of status in the US as I was here and my husband is still in my country abroad. My lawyer was just able to send Form I-824 to the USCIS on Friday so it's not processed yet so I am sure the USCIS didn't inform the NVC, who didn't inform the embassy of my status change. In this case, what shall I do. Shall I ask my husband to just go to the appointment? The letter stated that both I and him should go.... I am very confused!

Don't you just like to complicate things for yourself!

One: you hired an incompetent lawyer; two: you involved KCC in a process that no longer involves them and they've ended up misunderstanding your request, and you're now asking for urgent help. I clearly explained what you needed to do and even provided you with one or two links (?) of successful FTJ cases:
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-170#post-2462839

Hopefully, Susie can guide you on what to do since you're post is directed at her I believe.

I put the expedite request through USCIS 2nd level rep on the phone. Instead of expediting they responded that I need to ask Chicago field office director to expedite the case.

Is the Chicago FO your FO?

Okay, from what you described here my understanding is that you asked the level 2 customer service rep to put in an expedite request and they told you to do that with your FO? You received the response to contact your FO directly in writing or was this over the phone? Have you previously gone on an INFOPASS before?

Hey all,

I was on an e3 work visa (non-immigrant intent) before getting my green card via AOS. Does anyone know if I need to get a new SS card?

You're not required to get a new/replacement SSN card. However, it is a good idea to do so as this enables them to issue you with a new card without the DHS restrictions written on it.

Don't you just like to complicate things for yourself!

One: you hired an incompetent lawyer; two: you involved KCC in a process that no longer involves them and they've ended up misunderstanding your request, and you're now asking for urgent help. I clearly explained what you needed to do and even provided you with one or two links (?) of successful FTJ cases:
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-170#post-2462839

Hopefully, Susie can guide you on what to do since you're post is directed at her I believe.

Of course I can't really guide on this rather complicated outcome !! Assuming SS42 comes back to read/follow advice - it's not clear she did the last time - all I can suggest is that she calls the embassy and explains to them what has happened and hope they agree to keep the interview slot for her husband and process him as FTJ during it. Of course they will need to have all the requisite info beforehand, to which I have to refer back to mom's own advice above as I certainly don't know much about it... I however certainly wouldn't suggest he just arrive on his own without the principal applicant accompanying him and without the embassy having any clue what's going on - I'd suspect that's almost certain to simply result in him being turned away.

Hi Mom,

We are getting close to the September end deadline and our case has not yet been cleared. My spouse and I asked USCIS to expedite our process last month and they just sent a letter to us that the security check was not cleared yet but it was going on its normal process. I am sure that they have not expedited the FBI name checks yet. Is there any internal law such as sunset provision based on which I can request them to expedite the FBI name check now?

Thanks!

Is the Chicago FO your FO?

Okay, from what you described here my understanding is that you asked the level 2 customer service rep to put in an expedite request and they told you to do that with your FO? You received the response to contact your FO directly in writing or was this over the phone? Have you previously gone on an INFOPASS before?
I do not know who is my FO at all. I was told to make a written request to the USCIS Chicago district director to expedite the case. Today I had an INFOpass and I was told that my background check is not done yet (I had fingerprints done on June 22) and therefor NBC did not send them my case for further processing. Is there anything can be done with that?

I do not know who is my FO at all. I was told to make a written request to the USCIS Chicago district director to expedite the case. Today I had an INFOpass and I was told that my background check is not done yet (I had fingerprints done on June 22) and therefor NBC did not send them my case for further processing. Is there anything can be done with that?
Ohhh.. Sorry. FO - Field office is Chicago, yes!

Hi Mom,

We are getting close to the September end deadline and our case has not yet been cleared. My spouse and I asked USCIS to expedite our process last month and they just sent a letter to us that the security check was not cleared yet but it was going on its normal process. I am sure that they have not expedited the FBI name checks yet. Is there any internal law such as sunset provision based on which I can request them to expedite the FBI name check now?

Thanks!

The sunset provision is one of the reasons used to request a case expedite, and you already requested a case expedite. There is no law in place that says a case must be expedited once the expedite request is put in or accepted.

Unfortunately, not much can be done if your background check is pending. There's a large number of none DV based AOS cases stuck on background check for years. However for DV based AOS petitions, USCIS, at there discretion will reach out to the FBI, but there's no guarantee as to the outcome.

You just have to keep following up on the case, I recommend as many INFOPASS appointments as possible going forward at this point in time.

You went about the expedite request the wrong way, so that explains the "strange" response you got.

So you're also stuck on background check, unfortunately not much can be done till that clears. And it sounds like your FO is reluctant to schedule an interview while the background check is pending. Even if they schedule the interview, you definitely will not be approved until the background check clears.

All you can do is really to keep checking on the case with your FO. I suggest you reach out to your congress person sometime next week and request they follow up with USCIS on your behalf - maybe such a request may cause them to at least schedule you for an interview.

You went about the expedite request the wrong way, so that explains the "strange" response you got.

So you're also stuck on background check, unfortunately not much can be done till that clears. And it sounds like your FO is reluctant to schedule an interview while the background check is pending. Even if they schedule the interview, you definitely will not be approved until the background check clears.

All you can do is really to keep checking on the case with your FO. I suggest you reach out to your congress person sometime next week and request they follow up with USCIS on your behalf - maybe such a request may cause them to at least schedule you for an interview.
Who does the background check? I talked to FBI and they said the clear it in 48 hours. It seems USCIS is checking something else, correct?

And my case is still at NBC not in the FO.