• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Thanks!

and not everything is mandatory right. If C and D don't apply we don't worry about that, and it's not considred incomplete correct?
It says "...as appropriate:" so, yes, not everything is mandatory. Just submit whatever you think is applicable to you.

There's one question left on the i134, the whole thing except for the signature was typed on the computer. Can the sponsor fill out the last question by pen even though the entire document has been typed up or does the whole document have to be filled out by either pen or electronically?

Has anyone had an issue obtaining a money order for $1225?
I went today to get one, and they said they would have to split it into two different ones.

Where has everyone obtained their money order? Or would you recommend using a personal check from someone else?

Thanks for your time

There's one question left on the i134, the whole thing except for the signature was typed on the computer. Can the sponsor fill out the last question by pen even though the entire document has been typed up or does the whole document have to be filled out by either pen or electronically?

I suggest you use your best judgement on this.

Has anyone had an issue obtaining a money order for $1225?
I went today to get one, and they said they would have to split it into two different ones.

Where has everyone obtained their money order? Or would you recommend using a personal check from someone else?

Thanks for your time

Yes what they told you about the money order is correct - its standard practice.

Yes the personal check doesn't have to be in your name either.

F1 student here: I'm going to bring the i134 to my interview but am wondering if I need to bring my tax transcripts for the last 3 years considering I did internships over the last 2 summers and got paid. Also would I need to bring my CPTs that the university signed for these internships (I don't think it's necessary just wondering)?

Do I need to bring my i20 to the interview?

I'm also wondering if I would need to bring my bank statement considering there's not much (less than 5000) in the bank.

F1 student here: I'm going to bring the i134 to my interview but am wondering if I need to bring my tax transcripts for the last 3 years considering I did internships over the last 2 summers and got paid. Also would I need to bring my CPTs that the university signed for these internships (I don't think it's necessary just wondering)?

I'm also wondering if I would need to bring my bank statement considering there's not much (less than 5000) in the bank.
If you filed tax returns with the IRS, you should bring those tax transcripts with you to your interview.

Assuming that you already sent the copies of your I-20s with your AOS package, you should take the originals with you to your interview.
What do you mean by "would I need to bring my CPTs"? Isn't it just a remark on the last page of your I-20 stating your approved employer + dates of employment?

It is important that you have the originals (and ideally copies, in case anything in your file got lost) of every document you've submitted with your AOS package.

Rule of thumb regarding immigration: take anything and everything you can possibly think that may be pertinent to your case. It is better to be over prepared than to leave something behind because you rationalized it isn't necessary only to find out that is the only think they're asking for and you end up with an RFI/RFE. It's not going to cost you anything to take along the referenced documents, is it?

And anyway since you worked and filed taxes, you should have included copies of your personal tax transcripts with your AOS package in the first place.

Rule of thumb regarding immigration: take anything and everything you can possibly think that may be pertinent to your case. It is better to be over prepared than to leave something behind because you rationalized it isn't necessary only to find out that is the only think they're asking for and you end up with an RFI/RFE. It's not going to cost you anything to take along the referenced documents, is it?

And anyway since you worked and filed taxes, you should have included copies of your personal tax transcripts with your AOS package in the first place.

Ok, I didn't include the tax transcripts in my AOS package but I'll bring them with me to the interview. I hope it's not a problem

I have my tax transcripts for the last 3 yrs, including this one, from turbotax but my question is my first tax transcript is 63 pages, second is 154, third is 69. Do I need to print out all of these? Or is there a certain portion of the tax transcript that they are looking for, like the 1040, etc.?

How recent should bank statements be? If I include all statements since December, is that fine? And can you download them from the banks website and print them?

Last edited:
I have my tax transcripts for the last 3 yrs, including this one, from turbotax but my question is my first tax transcript is 63 pages, second is 154, third is 69. Do I need to print out all of these? Or is there a certain portion of the tax transcript that they are looking for, like the 1040, etc.?

What you have described is not the tax transcript. You need to contact the IRS in order to get copies of your tax transcripts. Follow the link below for guidance on tax transcript requests:

https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/request-a-transcript-or-copy-of-a-prior-year-tax-return

How recent should bank statements be? If I include all statements since December, is that fine? And can you download them from the banks website and print them?

3 - 6 months' duration should be fine, and yes online version is fine.

Oh my, ok. Well do tax returns work? I have them them from turbotax. I ordered the transcripts from the IRS but I won't receive them in time for the interview

You may take them with you, but the truth is USCIS doesn't have the time to be going over endless pages of your tax documents, hence the IRS tax transcript option.

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding travel and employment with a pending I-485. I can see from the spreadsheet this is possible. I'm on an A-2 visa. My wife's visa hangs of mine and she has an EAD.

I appears that we must remain in the country from the moment we submit our AOS package (with I-131) until we receive the NOA and the AP card (it appears that the AP details are printed on the EAD card). If that is correct, how long should it take to receive the AP card or does it come with the NOA (wait time seems to be about a month)? My wife and I travel internationally every month so this is critical we get it right.

From a work perspective, are their any periods after submitting our AOS package (with I-765) that we are unable to work? Note that as an A-2 visa holder I do not have or need an EAD to work in the States currently (I wont be changing employers). I've read that it can take 3-4 months for the EAD to process - does that means I can't work during this time?

What's the transition like for my wife who has an existing EAD to a new EAD? We need to make sure that her company is informed and that there are no gaps in her employment status.

Thanks again.

(big thanks to @Sm1smom for info and links to guides on this topic)

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding travel and employment with a pending I-485. I can see from the spreadsheet this is possible. I'm on an A-2 visa. My wife's visa hangs of mine and she has an EAD.

I appears that we must remain in the country from the moment we submit our AOS package (with I-131) until we receive the NOA and the AP card (it appears that the AP details are printed on the EAD card). If that is correct, how long should it take to receive the AP card or does it come with the NOA (wait time seems to be about a month)? My wife and I travel internationally every month so this is critical we get it right.

From a work perspective, are their any periods after submitting our AOS package (with I-765) that we are unable to work? Note that as an A-2 visa holder I do not have or need an EAD to work in the States currently (I wont be changing employers). I've read that it can take 3-4 months for the EAD to process - does that means I can't work during this time?

What's the transition like for my wife who has an existing EAD to a new EAD? We need to make sure that her company is informed and that there are no gaps in her employment status.

Thanks again.

(big thanks to @Sm1smom for info and links to guides on this topic)

1. Upon the submission and acceptance of your AOS petition, you are expected to remain in the US until the petition gets adjudicated unless you have an approved AP card in which case you may travel out and return using the AP card (you will be paroled, not re-admitted) since you do not have a dual intent visa. Traveling without an AP card will result in your petition being considered abandoned and subsequently denied. AP card processing is 3-4 months.

2. Nope. You're eligible to keep working with your current visa status for as long as its still valid. You continue to work for you current employer.

3. Again for as long as your wife's current EAD is valid, she does not need to switch to an AOS based EAD card. She's able to keep working and there's nothing to inform the current employer about.

If you filed tax returns with the IRS, you should bring those tax transcripts with you to your interview.

Assuming that you already sent the copies of your I-20s with your AOS package, you should take the originals with you to your interview.
What do you mean by "would I need to bring my CPTs"? Isn't it just a remark on the last page of your I-20 stating your approved employer + dates of employment?

It is important that you have the originals (and ideally copies, in case anything in your file got lost) of every document you've submitted with your AOS package.

So we should also bring the i485, biographical sheet, medical records, etc to the interview just in case?